Chapter 9

Goodbye Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 9 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

            The rough sea shimmers in the moonlight. All of us are staying around the campfire. I was staying between Soyu and Lay. Nobody says a word, only the sound of burning fire can be heard. I’ve had an empty look all day and I am still thinking about Kyungsoo.

            “Let’s play a song!” Lay interrupts my thoughts. He knows how to play the guitar.

            “What song?” Kyungsoo asks, somehow sadly.

            “The song composed by you and Soyu.” She also can sing, but I have never known that they have written a song.

            Lay starts to play the guitar. When Kyungsoo begins to sing, I am startled. So I can’t help but thinking again about Kyungsoo and the past summer holidays spent together.

            My tears are threatening to fall, but I quickly turn my head, so Lay can’t see my face. I wipe away my sadness then smiling get closer to Lay. We are the only ones who remained on the beach, the others went to bed.

            “Can you teach me how to play that song?” I know he can’t say no.

            “Really? You usually don’t…” I interrupt him.

            “Can you?” I have thought that even Lay noticed that these days I hadn’t been myself, but a different person. He places the guitar on my lap and begins to explain me a lot of things I don’t understand.

            “This song … Both of them have told me that it reminded them of someone.” I gaze at him. He laughs rubbing the back of his neck. “But they didn’t tell me who is that person!” I truly try not to give importance to his words.

            “I think it’s enough, Lay!" I see his smile disappearing. I haven’t learned anything and I’m sure that it’s better to give up for now.

            “We can try again tomorrow…” I hear h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter