Bonding

In Real Life

POV — Tiffany

I grabbed my iPad and came back to the bed. I sat down and laid my back on some pillows, turning on the device I had in my hands. I looked at Taeyeon.

"Hey, come closer," I told her. "What do you like to play?"

She approched me and sat beside me, resting her back on the corner of the pillows I was using. I noticed that and gave her a better space.

"What do you have there?" she asked.

"I have all kinds of apps, actually. Some of them I haven't even played yet. I have Candy Crush and other similar games, quiz games and even this race game I don't even know why I downloaded. I can't play race games."

"Well, I like cars and races," she looked at me and smiled, "Can we try this one? It could be fun. We can try those quiz apps later, too."

I nodded and started the app. I hoped she would at least teach me how to play this.

 

5 minutes later

"No, Tiffany, for heaven's sake! TIFFANY! YOU'RE GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! TURN THE CAR! TURN THE CAR!" Taeyeon was almost yelling next to me, trying to take the iPad from my hands.

"Eh? I don't know how to do it! Just let me finish this! At least I'm not crashing into everything like before! Stop it! You're distracting me!"

"TIFFANY, DROP THIS iPAD! I JUST SCORED A LOT ON THIS GAME WHILE TEACHING YOU! YOU'RE GOING TO RUIN MY WORLDWIDE RANK!" she said desperately and, at this stage of the game, I was already almost lying on my stomach on the bed, trying to push her away with my elbows while she constantly tried to grab the iPad.

I turned my face to her to tell her to stop doing that and before I could speak, I heard the sound the game  would emit when you lose. I looked at the iPad and pointed at it, then turned to her again. "See? You did that," I told her.

"Nooooooooo!" she picked up the iPad and pouted, "My score! My high score! I was at the top, I'm not even in the list anymore now!"

"Why are you making such a big deal out of it?!"

"Because it is a big deal, Fany!" she stopped in her tracks when she heard what she said. "I mean, Tiffany. It is a big deal. You ruined my score."

I chuckled. Fany was a cute nickname. And kind of unusual, too. People would only call me Tiff, mostly.

"It is not a big deal, stop complaining and I didn't ruin anything! And Fany is good, you can call me like that."

She smiled shyly.

"Ok, now give me this iPad and let me play again! I liked it!"

"What?!" she said and widened her eyes. "No! If I'm already not in the score list, if you play again they'll send me an e-mail or something begging me to delete the app!"

"Well, that's your problem," I emphasized the 'your'. "I didn't ask you to log in with your account. My iPad, Taeyeon! Now!"

She pouted and reluctantly gave me my iPad back. She was cute, you know? She was all mature and professional but now she was showing her dorky and childish side. I liked that.

"I won't play again, don't worry," I said, still chuckling, when I saw that she didn't take the pout off of her face.

She just chuckled with me and lowed her face before looking away.

"Sorry," she said almost as a whisper, "I got carried away. It's just my awkward kid side."

"Don't be sorry. I like your awkward kid side. It's funny," I smiled.

She smiled back at me.

"You're still not sleepy?" I asked, and she just shook her head. "Do you want to watch a movie, then?"

"Yeah. Do you like horror?"

"Um, I..." I am a 25 year old woman, I'm not going to say I'm afraid of horror movies, I thought. 

"Oh no. Don't tell me you're afraid of them?" she laughed.

"It's not like that!" I sighed, I think I couldn't hide it. "Just a little."

"What if they called you to film a horror movie?" she asked as I handed her the remote control of my TV.

"That's different. I wouldn't be scared, the monsters and ghosts would be added to the scene later."

"But you still get anxious, you know. They create one hell of a disturbing mood during the filming so the actors in scene can get more involved to it, therefore the scene comes out more realistic."

"How do you know that?" I looked at her.

"I've been in a horror movie before?" she chuckled.

Damn. Was there anything this woman hadn't done? She knew so much, she had experienced so much, she was just so... Inspirational. That's it, she was just such an inspiration. I knew who she was before meeting her, but after I met her... I was almost turning into a fangirl working with her idol. She's just amazing. Kind, talented, wise, fun, warm. I think I just found someone to admire as much as I.... As much as I used to admire my mother.

"Hello?" she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, sorry," I chuckled, "Just... Wow. It there anything you haven't done, Taeyeon?"

"We've been there," she chuckled along and looked at me, "There are many things I haven't done and that I'm... Willing to try, let's say."

I smiled shyly at her and looked at the TV.

"What are we going to watch?"

"Have you seen The Grudge?" she asked me.

"N-no..." I answered nervously. 

"What? It's one of the most popular horror movies ever!"

"I just told you I'm afraid of them!" I complained.

"Eh. Let's watch this one. You'll see, it's nothing much."

 

When the movie was over, I wanted to kill Taeyeon. Actually, I wanted to boil her. No, I wanted to kill Taeyeon AND boil her. I was so ing scared that I would barely move under the covers and kept hugging a pillow tighter and tighter. I heard Taeyeon yawning.

"Yawning? Are you yawning? I won't be able to sleep tonight! Thank you very much!" I told her, making her laugh sleepily.

"Oh, come on, it is not that scary," she said. "Tiffany, I... I don't want to disturb you, but... I'm really feeling sleepy now, can you show me the room I'll be sleeping in, please?"

"Sleep here," I said and gave her a pillow for herself. "If that Kayako girl appears, she takes you and not me."

"But..." 

"It's the least you can do, okay?" I interrupted her. "You scared the heck out of me with this stupid movie!"

She laughed. "Okay. But Kayako isn't real, you know."

"Real or not, at least she won't take me," I nodded. "Royalty, remember?" I pointed to the carboard crown on my nightstand, "She can't take the royalty."

Taeyeon laughed again. "Sorry," she said. "Well, goodnight then. Sleep well," she smiled shyly.

I wished her a goodnight and she turned her back at me, lying down and pulling the covers a little. I did the same, only I turned my back at her. I thought I wasn't sleepy, but as soon as I laid my face on the pillow and closed my eyes, I fell asleep in a minute or so.

 

It was already monday and I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing, saying it was already 9AM and that it was time for me to get up. I woke up, turned off the alarm and remembered how good my weekend was and how this week had everything to be great. On friday, Taeyeon slept over here and we had a great time together, we get much closer, we even exchanged our phone numbers. She left on Saturday after we had lunch together. It was so nice, it was like having a friend come over to your house and making a little pajamas party... Only this time I was doing something similar to that with a woman I admired so much I couldn't even tell and that... Well... That I would be involved with in my new movie.

I got up and checked my phone's notifications. There was a message from Sunny, she said she couldn't be here today, but that she would be here on Tuesday or Wednesday. I understood and replied her saying it was okay. I checked Twitter, I had gained more followers and I received a lot of mentions regarding what Taeyeon said on Betty's show, and also some asking me why I was so quiet on Twitter lately. Indeed, I hadn't tweeted since I started to get involved with the movie. 

I put my phone aside and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I picked up simple white shorts to wear and a black top, matching them with my favorite pair of flat sneakers, a black one. I really loved that kind of shoe. It was really comfortable yet so feminine.

I was hungry, but I didn't stop to eat anything, I was afraid I could get late. I grabbed my purse and my car keys but, before I left the house, I noticed Taeyeon's umbrella was still there. She forgot it. I took it and left the door, locking it before heading to my car.

In less than half an hour, I was already at the studio. It was way more crowded than the last time. I spotted Elise and Thomas in a corner, talking happily with their cameras hanging on their necks. What an adorable couple, I thought. Then, I noticed the staff. Everyone seemed pretty happy and excited, it was contagious. I was already smiling when I walked in. I would greet everyone that noticed me and they would greet me back with a huge smile on their faces, it was just like a big family. I felt genuinely happy.

"Tiffany! Here!" I heard Martin calling me. I spotted him and made my way to where he was. He was in front of a room, I peeked inside of it and there was Taeyeon doing her makeup.

"Hello, Martin," I greeted him with a smile.

"Hey, my dear! I'm glad to see you, come in, come in!" he said as he gently pushed me into the room. I looked at Taeyeon and she opened her eyes when she heard Martin talking. She looked at me and smiled.

"Hi," she said.

"Hi," I smiled back at her. "Am I late?" I looked at Martin.

"No, you're just in time. Here, Tiffany, this is Tina, your makeup artist," he said as he pointed to a young black girl. She was beautiful, and she gave me this happy smile.

"Hello, Tina," I greeted her and offered my hand for her to shake, "Nice to meet you."

She took my hand and shook it happily, still smiling. "My pleasure! I'm a big fan of your movies, I'm so happy to be working with you! I'm so happy to be doing your makeup!"

I chuckled, "Thank you. I bet you'll do a great job."

"So, girls, I'll just leave you here with Tina, okay? Tiff, honey, as soon as she's done with Taeyeon's makeup she'll do yours, okay? I'm sure it won't take very long," Martin said before blowing us three a kiss and leaving the door. "See you!" we could hear him yelling.

I spotted this small couch on the corner of the room and sat down. I took a glance at Taeyeon and she had her eyes closed again. I took out my phone and unlocked it.

"Tiffany?" I heard Taeyeon calling.

"Yes?"

"There's the script somewhere in this room, Martin gave it to me to read it before we start filming. The lines are the same, it only has small changes, but I think you would like to see, if you don't mind looking for it."

"No, I don't. Thank you," I responded. I started to look around and found the script on this small table near the couch. I grabbed it and opened it on the bookmarked page. I took a deep breath before starting to read it.

[SCENE #1 - TAEYEON KIM AND TIFFANY HWANG - LEAH AND ELLA MEET AGAIN]

Ella walks in the house* with her mother. She greets Leah's mother and looks aroung nervously. She thinks Leah doesn't live there anymore. Leah's mother tells them Leah is in the backyard and that she doesn't know Ella and her mother are in the house and Ella gets shocked. Ella leaves her mother with Katheryn** and runs to the backyard to find Leah. She sees Leah sitting on a bench reading a book.

"Leah!" Ella screams with tears in her eyes. Leah looks up and sees Ella. She puts down her book and gets up, speechless. A faint "Ella..." is everything that comes from , her eyes never leaving the girl a few feet away from her. Ella starts crying and runs to Leah, hugging her tightly. Leah returns the hug and starts crying with her.

[SCENE #2 - TAEYEON KIM AND TIFFANY HWANG - LEAH AND ELLA MEET AGAIN -  PART 2]

"Why did you go away?" Leah mutters near Ella's ear, still crying. She lets go of Ella and holds Ella's arms, shaking it lightly. "Huh? Really, Ella, why did you go away! Do you even know how it was for me to live without my best friend?" she asks pleadingly, her tears still overflowing. Ella cries more and says, "It wasn't my fault! I didn't want to leave you! Do you even know how it was for me to grow up and become a teenager in a different country without my best friend? Huh?" 

 Ella tries to calm herself down slowly and her tears stop. She holds Leah's face and smiles, trying to stop herself from crying more. "Let me look at you. Oh my God, Leah, you are such a woman now." She can't help and lets her tears go again. Leah hugs her tightly again.

"Promise me you won't go away this time, Ella. Promise me!" Leah begs. Ella returns the girl's hug and places one of her hands on Leah's head, whispering softly in between tears, "I won't, I promise. I don't want to."

(*= Leah's house/ **=Leah's mother.)

 

Freaking intense scenes, god damn it. This is either going to be very good or very awkward, I thought. I decided to stick with the first possibility. I was nervous, but I believed it was just nervousness of the first day. I was actually pretty excited to see how would I and Taeyeon pull such scenes off.

By the time I finished reading, Tina called me and I sat down to get my makeup done. Taeyeon was no longer in the room, she was probably changing, I guess. It took Tina not more than 15 minutes to finish my makeup and she pointed me the dressing room. I made my way to it and knocked the door.

"Come in!" I heard Taeyeon say from the inside. God, please don't let her be , I thought before turning the knob.

"Hi, again," I greeted her. And thankfully, she wasn't . She was dressed in these skinny jeans with a Mickey Mouse-printed shirt. "Nice outfit you have there."

"Thank you. I liked it too. I think I'll like Leah's style," she smiled. "I'll go now."

She left the room and I closed the door. I spotted my outfit and picked it up. It was a -colored simple dress with a white cardigan. A very romantic style. I'd rather more colorful and bright clothes, but I found that one nothing bad.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey everyone! I'm back. :] I'm sorry I'm a little late, but I couldn't update it earlier. So is everyone excited? We are finally going to see Ella and Leah! x) But of course I had to tease you a little, so I'll leave the fun part (the filming) to the next chapter. I hope to get a lot of comments in this one, though! It'll make me excited to write the next. I hope you've enjoyed this, I'm sorry if it's shorter than the usual again, I will work hard on the next. Have a good time~ ^-^

P.s: Sorry if any typos. It's very early in the morning and I haven't slept, I'm feeling sleepy only now, so I don't have the time to check if there's any typos now.