Invitation

In Real Life

POV — Tiffany

"Alright you lazy bum you, I'm serious now!" I said as I started to push Taeyeon's back, after 5 long minutes of restlessly calling her in my failed attempts to wake her up through any way that didn't involve some kind of violence. Now I was starting to get impatient.

"Tiffany wha- HEY!" Taeyeon screamed as her hands clutched the sheets, stopping her from falling off the bed as I gently pushed her back with my foot. "Is this even a proper way to wake someone up?" she mumbled.

What a drama queen.

"I'm sorry," I chuckled apologetically, "but I need you up. We can't get to work late and I need you to lend me some clothes, remember?"

"... Is it still raining?" she asked, her eyes half closed.

"Yes."

Taeyeon groaned.

"I don't like to get up in a rainy morning," she shook her head and laid it back on the pillow, adjusting herself on the bed again. "It spoils my mood."

Now that was an awkward situation.

"Taeyeon... I'm in your house and I don't want to be inconvenient, but I do need you to help me. I can't go to work like this and you know what, I hate getting up in a rainy morning too, but what can I do about it?"

 

"Fine," she sighed and sat on the bed. "I'll get you clothes. But... ? Seriously? You are not and you wouldn't need to go to work either."

"I know, I was just trying to use a little over exaggerated drama so that you would- Wait, what?! You've been listening to me all along and yet you didn't even bat an eye?"

"That's how bad your attempts to wake me up were," Taeyeon smirked.

I just stayed there looking at her in disblief.

"Brat."

Taeyeon chuckled and stretched a little before getting up, sighing defeatedly. And tiredly, I noticed. I knew we were both very tired. We stayed up late last night after such a busy day and a crazy night. I was surprised we could even open our eyes now.

I was ready to get up from the bed myself when I felt a pair of arms that slightly bent my body backwards wrap around my neck from behind, and a pair of lips press against my own right after.

"Good morning to you too," Taeyeon whispered to me.

I smiled shyly. 

 

 

 

I hadn't spoken to Sunny since the last afternoon and Taeyeon hadn't said anything about Sooyoung either, bur we both assumed they would be already on the set by the time we'd get there. And as we were getting ready for an interrogatory coming from both of our friends and seeking to do anything to avoid as many questions as we could, me and Taeyeon decided to drive to the studio in our own respective cars. Everything that had happened to us on the previous night was literally so recent and new to us that we weren't ready to open up to anyone about it, not even to Sooyoung or Sunny. I mean, I didn't really know about her, but I certainly wasn't ready to open up about it not even to Sunny. Not at all. I was just hoping Taeyeon was as much of a private person as me when it comes to my personal life. And there was actually a lot of things I still wanted to discuss about with her regarding that, but it was too early, so I didn't mention any of my further thoughts.

In the end, we just agreed that we should use that lame and overused excuse of being tired as due work to deceive them.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the possibly troublesome thoughts, and replaced them with three little things I've noticed so far in my short everyday journey to the studio:

One, Taeyeon's morning voice was really pretty and soothing;

Two, her kiss was indeed the best one I had ever had. The hottest, too, if I may say. But she wasn't going to know about that;

I smiled to myself and rolled my eyes, cringing on my own stupid cheesiness as the third thing came to my mind.

I missed her already.

 


 

POV — Taeyeon

There were so many things going on in my mind.

I blinked my eyes and suddenly I was already working again, and now with Tiffany.

I blinked my eyes again and the news of the movie had spread everywhere and suddenly people were going crazy over me and Tiffany together despite the fact that they barely had any information on what the movie was about.

I blinked my eyes a third time and Tiffany and I had kissed for the first time.

And then I blinked one last time and she and I were together. For real.

It was crazy, but it was crazy good. And for the first time, I felt a completeness that I hadn't felt in any other moment of my 25 years of existence.

I would always think it was the most cliché thing when people said, "I feel complete now," regarding to adding their romantic life to their professional one. I had my good fifteen years of career and I had always seen people say that and boast around about how both worlds could and would collide to find a perfect balance and give them the greatest feeling of being filled in an unexplainable way, as if romance was the unnoticed missing piece of their puzzle of sheer happiness.

Maybe I was starting to change my mind about that. 

The thought that I was with Tiffany gave me a warm and joyful feeling. I felt as if I had everything I could ever wish for. Or maybe, as if I had something I didn't know I wished for.

I was never interested in dating. I liked to say I was in a serious relationship with my work. Which was true, it still is true. I had always felt fulfilled with my career and with my opportunities, I never needed anyone, I was always perfectly happy with me, myself, my work and I. It had always been like that and I never thought it was going to change. 

But Tiffany came along and somehow made her way into my life.

Curious enough, I had never been the type of person who would let someone in as easily as I let her. 

But now, dating and repeatedly kissing my Hollywood co-star whom I had met two months ago didn't seem like a bad idea whatsoever. 

I tried to shake the thoughts off of my mind as I parked my car in front of the studio. I unbuckled my seatbelt, grabbed my bag and got off the car, heading to the set's entrance and still fighting hard to concentrate in what I had to start doing now instead of concentrating in my musings.

"Earth to Taeyeon, please answer," I heard Tiffany's voice right beside my ear and flinched out of shock, putting my hand over my chest right after and inhaling deeply.

"Tiffany," I exhaled, "where did you come from?"

I watched as she cocked her eyebrows in a playful way.

"I've been walking side by side with you basically since you left your car. We arrived together, you know."

"Ah... Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ignore you, really. I think I'm gravitating towards spacing out today, I really didn't see you there, forgive me" I apologized. 

"Don't worry, that's okay," Tiffany said, before covering with one of her fists to hide away a big yawn.

I chuckled. "Tired?"

"Energyless. I'm always a little sleepy when I wake up, but I usually gather my energy after breakfast."

"And I didn't give you anything to eat this morning... Oh God, I'm the worst person ever today!" I facepalmed myself and shook my head slowly, sighing. "I'm sorry, Tiffany. Really. I feel bad now, I'm such a terrible host. I don't usually have breakfast unless Sooyoung wants to eat something, so I never have anything at home, I should've at least offered myself to buy you anything on my way here but this is something that's not a part of my daily routine so I just-"

"Hey, that's okay," Tiffany chuckled and put her arm over my shoulders, pulling me with her as we continued to make our way towards the set's door. "Really, I can do a morning or a day without breakfast. Don't feel bad, I understand."

I giggled a little and nodded, crossing my arms. I turned my face to hers and looked at her, my eyes slightly falling on her lips. "Will lunch make up for it?"

"I don't think we'll have time to have a proper lunch today. I think it's going to be another day of ordering Chinese food."

"Stop spoiling my attempt to feed you and I'm tired of eating Chinese food," I frowned. "Don't even make me think about it."

"Yeah? Well, then tell that to your director," she said and pointed to Martin, who was talking to a few staff members, as we entered the set together, "he's the one responsible for choosing the menu when we can't eat out. And I think we can perfectly assume he is a big fan of chow mein and doesn't really care if you are one too or not."

I laughed out loud and was ready to talk back to Tiffany when I heard Sooyoung yelling my name. I widened my eyes and Tiffany looked over to where Sooyoung was. She tapped my shoulder a few times before removing her resting arm from it. 

"Go. We talk later," she said as she started to walk away. "I have to find Sunny, she's somewhere in this studio crazy furious because I don't answer her calls or texts."

"Can I at least treat you dinner? Huh? I'm feeling like an horrible person for making someone starve and you are not being of any help."

"Can we discuss this later? I'm not going to die."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, we can. But wait!"

Tiffany stopped and gave me a questioning look. I looked around and found everyone busy on their own. I looked over to Sooyoung's previous spot and noticed she wasn't there anymore. I carefully approached Tiffany, still looking around, and then held her face and quickly pressed my lips against hers. I slightly pointed my finger at her face and chuckled before walking away.

"No one saw it," I whispered.

I could hear her laughing almost quietly behind me.

 

 

 

"Aw, broomstick. I knew I'd find you here," I said and smiled brightly as I entered the dressing room only to find a pissed off Sooyoung sitting on the sofa, with her arms and legs grossed and a not much amused look on her face.

She didn't answer me.

I quickly approached her spot and sat beside her. 

"Who's the pretty grumpy popsicle stick?" I pinched her cheeks as I laughed at her.

"Okay, stop it, weirdo," she said as she pushed my hands. "What's happening to you? You vanished yesterday night, didn't reply my messages this morning and now... You're happy? Taeyeon, are you high?"

"I was tired yesterday. I didn't even take a shower, I showered this morning. The day here knocked me out, I just came home and fell asleep in the moment that my body hit the bed."

"It still doesn't explain your happiness."

"Can't an actress be happy, Sooyoung?"

"Not you! It's just that you're not happy during the morning! Ever! You always look like a grumpy zombie and you act like Grumpy from Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs!" Sooyoung complained. Oh, was that getting amusing.

"Well, I'm happy and excited today, but maybe tomorrow I'll be back to my grumpy persona. Who knows," I chuckled and got up to get ready. 

 


 

POV — Tiffany

"Now, missy, where have you been?! It's my job to take care of you and assure you're okay!" Sunny said as she held my waist and sat me down. I just chuckled.

"I'm fine, Sunny. Really. Everything is okay. It's just that I was exhausted yesterday, so I got home, threw myself on the sofa and just fell asleep right there. I didn't want to worry you," I smiled.

"Then why didn't you answer my calls or reply to my texts this morning?"

"Phone died."

"Have you ever heard of charging?"

"Prince got tired of his toys and wrecked my cable when I wasn't looking."

Sunny narrowed her eyes.

"Tiffany, this smells fishy."

"Well, it's the truth though," I shrugged and made a mental note to destroy my charging cable as soon as I get home.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Martin, I don't feel very well, can we please take a quick break?" I looked at the director and innerly thanked him when he nodded his head worriedly. I smiled weakly and made my way to the dressing room, it had the most comfortable sofa and I needed to lie down for a minute, I was feeling dizzy as hell.

I threw myself on the sofa as soon as I reached it and closed my eyes, placing one of my hands on top of my forehead. I inhaled deeply, trying to gather some energy from I have no idea where. I felt my body really numb. Well, what could I have expected? We were in the middle of the afternoon and I hadn't eaten anything so far.

I am never not having breakfast again, I thought.

"Tiffany!" I heard Taeyeon calling me from the door.

I opened my eyes and smiled a little at her.

"Come in."

"Tiffany, are you okay? Everyone's worried about you. You almost gave me a heart attack," Taeyeon said as she entered the room and closed the door, making her way towards me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just feel a little weak and dizzy. I blame it on the little sleep time I had last night."

"And I," Taeyeon emphasized the pronoun, "blame it on the lack of eating."

I sighed and gave in. "Or that."

"I knew you needed to eat! Wait a minute, I'll probe Sooyoung's bag to see if she has any cereal bar or something."

Before I could protest and tell Taeyeon not to worry so much, she had already left my side. A minute later, she came back with this chocolate coated cereal bar and handed it to me.

"Here. Eat."

I chuckled and sat up slowly. "Won't she get mad at me for eating her food, boss?"

"No she won't. Please eat it."

I took the snack and watched as Taeyeon sat beside me. I smiled warmly at her and opened the bar's package, looking at it before eyeing Taeyeon again. 

"You're staring."

"I know," I nodded.

"Why are you staring?"

I brought my face closer to hers and cupped her cheek with my free hand, gently placing a longing kiss on her lips. She kissed me back and pressed her lips a couple of times against my own before I chuckled and pulled back.

"Thank you," I said before taking a bite from the sweet I had in my hands.

 


 

POV — Taeyeon

I arrived home and threw myself on my beloved sofa, slightly stressed because of the encounter I had right in front of my house with the people I despise the most.

Paparazzi.

I didn't know what the they were doing in front of my house. They knew where it was, but I had never seen them around before. I couldn't understand the reason why they showed up. But I shook it off, thank goodness there weren't more than 4 dudes out there.

I felt and heard my phone ringing inside my pocket and took it off. I smiled when I read the identification on the screen.

"HI MOM!" I exclaimed eagerly.

"Taengoo, honey! It's been so long! How are you?" I heard my mom say. I missed hearing her voice.

"I'm great, mom. I miss you. And I see someone has improved her English," I smiled. Mom was speaking perfect English despite her strong korean accent. How are you? How is everyone there?"

"Yes! I do everything for my daughter. Everyone is fine. Your appa is good, he is still the same choding man. Your sister is placing Tippany posters all over her room!" she laughed.

"Wait, Tiffany posters? As in Tiffany Hwang posters?"

"Yes, that Tippany. Taengoo, you have to talk to Hayeon, she is going crazy about your new movie. She says she wants you to bring Tiffany as her Christmas present. And, ah, she has improved the most among us. Her English is perfect and her grades are high at school, you will be so proud! And you are spending Christmas with us here in Korea, aren't you?"

"Wait, mom, wait," I laughed, "Slow down. Yes, I'm spending Christmas with you, at least that's what I hope so, I think the filming will be over just in time for me to fly to Korea. But Hayeon is a fan of Tiffany's? How did that happen? Has she become a fan of hers after she knew Tiffany was working with me? You know, she's done that in the past."

"No no baby, it was a coincidence! Hayeon's been a fan of Tippany's for years now, only you didn't know. When she knew you two were working together, she ran around the house screaming saying, 'Taeyeon unnie hit the jackpot! Taeyeon unnie hit the jackpot!' ... What does that mean, Taengoo?" my mom asked, defeatedly.

I could picture and almost hear mom facepalming herself. And I couldn't help but to laugh out loud and let my laugh echo throughout the living room.

"She basically means I'm very lucky, mom."

"Speaking of the devil, Taengoo, Hayeon wants to talk to you. I'll get the phone back in a minute, okay?"

"UNNIE, IS TIFFANY WITH YOU?"  I heard Hayeon's voice screaming out of the phone's speaker. Damn, was that girl fast.

"Hi there, little teenage devil. I missed you too. No, I'm not tired at all, you may speak as much as you want to," I sarcastically .

"Okay, I'm sorry. Hi, unnie. I did miss you. Are you okay? You haven't caught a cold, have you? ... Is Tiffany with you?"

I chuckled at her ecstasy. "No, Hayeon, Tiffany is not with me."

"But did you see her today?"

"I see her every day, kid."

I pushed my phone away from my face when I heard Hayeon scream.

"OH MY GOD, UNNIE! HOW IS SHE LIKE IN PERSON? Is she as pretty as she seems to be? Is she nice? Is she kind? Is she soft?"

What the , Hayeon?

​"Hayeon! Soft? What the heck?"

"Well, aren't you two playing a couple in this movie?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then you must know if she is soft or not," my sister said, matter-of-factly. I was in shock.

"HAYEON! You are fourteen! That's not the kind of conversation we should be having, you are so damn inappropriate!" I felt my face becoming hot. "But yes, Tiffany is as pretty as she seems to be. She's truly even more beautiful up close."

... Now why did I say that?

"Okay now, that's enough, child!" I heard my mom say over the phone and assumed she had taken it from Hayeon. "I'm sorry for your sister, Taengoo, you know how she is. But she means well."

"I'm sure she does, mom," I chuckled.

"Anyway, dear, I'll let you rest now. It's late over there, isn't it? You probably had a tiring day today. See you on Christmas?"

"Thank you, mom, I indeed did. And yes, see you on Christmas, at least that's what I plan," I smiled. "Love you, send appa tons of kisses and tell him I miss him."

"I will. Good night, Taengoo! Saranghae."

My mom cut the call and I smiled calmly. It was always good to talk to her.

I was excited for Christmas and looking forward to seeing my family. I couldn't go to Korea last year because I was very busy and had to abruptly cancel my plane tickets, which made me and my family very disappointed. But everything indicated that I could make it this year. 

I was smiling as I imagined how the Christmas eve would be like this year, when I suddenly started to recall an event from this afternoon.

 

 

"So, are you excited for Christmas? It's coming, it's always such a pretty time," I asked Tiffany as we made our way out of the set.

She smiled weakly.

"I'm not really into Christmas, Taeyeon."

"Why not?"

"It's not really enjoyable when you spend it alone. Christmas is about sharing a good time with people you love."

Oh.

Her family.

Good job, Taeyeon.

"I don't want you to spend this Christmas alone, spend it with me," I said as I came closer to her and smiled warmly.

She cocked one of her eyebrows and looked at me. "Don't you have plans?"

"No. Let's spend it together, it will be fun."

It took Tiffany a couple of seconds before she smiled widely at me and nodded happily.

"Let's do it."

 

 

Oh, boy. I had completely forgotten about my annual family plans when I suggested Tiffany that we did that, and I completely forgot about Tiffany when I talked to my mom.

I didn't want to spend another Christmas away from my family, but I couldn't let Tiffany spend another Christmas alone. 

I grabbed my phone once again and quickly dialed the number of the person that would save me from that situation.

"Hello?"

"Mom?"

"Taengoo, dear, what's wrong?"

I bit lightly on my lower lip and smiled to myself.

"Can I bring someone to Korea with me?"

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Happy new year, my readers! I'm sorry for not being able to update before the end of 2014 as I had promised. I always get very busy in the end of the year. But that doesn't thwarts me nor you from keeping up with the story's time line, right? :) I hope you've had a good read. Please don't forget to comment, it is highly important for me that you do so.