Encounter - Part I

In Real Life

POV — Tiffany

I threw myself on the couch and sighed. I was bored to hell. Sunny was on a little vacation, she traveled to Florida because her and her family would spend a week in Disney Land. Lucky her. More than a week had gone by since I went to the studio for the last time (it was thursday of the next week after that), and I has absolutely nothing to do. Yeah, the days were going by, and the day we would officially start to film was coming, but I had nothing to do at all, it was really depressing. I tried to go out and enjoy something somewhere, but everything is always so boring and... Sad when you are alone. Well, at least I was able to get a lot of sleep.

I grabbed a package of candies I had left on the couch last night and opened it. I the TV and started to go through the channels while trying to find a comfortable position. I stopped at one channel that I used to watch very often in my free time, and one of my favorite talk shows was starting: Talk To Betty. Beatrice Parkeror, how Hollywood liked to call her, Betty or even Betty P.was a very popular TV host. She would only invite the top Hollywood celebrities to her show, and she was known for being fun, easygoing and extremely friendly. I liked her a lot, I hope I can be there talking to her someday. 

I decided to watch it and turned the volume up. While the opening of the show was still on, I picked up my phone to check twitter, just to not to get even more bored, I had no enough patience to wait quietly. That classic clapping of the audience started, I assumed Betty was already there. 

"Good afternoon, everybody. Ah!, it's good to be here," I heard she say. "Today, we have a very special first guest. She's been here four times so far, and I know how we all adore and cherish her. I, myself, am I declared fan, in fact, I believe just like the whole Hollywood and Hollywood fans, right? After a one-year break from the big screen, the biggest break of her career, believe it or not, and after a three-year break since she had last been here, she's back here with us today to talk about her brand new project, please welcome Taeyeon Kim!"

I dropped my phone when I heard Taeyeon's name. Taeyeon? Her guest was Taeyeon? How... Just... What was she going to say? But, either way, let's watch it, I thought.

The audience was cheering, screaming and clapping loudly. Taeyeon came in smiling and waving to the audience, dressed in a simple, sleeveless white dress and white heels. She looked good that way. Simple clothes suited her, I couldn't picture her with bright-colored clothes, to be honest. After giving Betty a friendly hug to greet her, Taeyeon sat down on the white armchair that was placed near Betty's bright red one, still smiling, and Betty sat down on her respective armchair right after.

"Well, look who's here. It's great to have you back," Betty started.

"Thank you for having me, it's great to be back too," Taeyeon responded and smiled politely.

"My pleasure, dear. Look at you! You're even more gorgeous than the last time I saw you! What's your secret? Are you seeing someone?"

Taeyeon laughed out loud and covered her face with one of her palms, crossing her legs and looking at Betty again.

"No, I... I think I'm just lucky to get a better appearance as I get older, I'm not seeing anyone."

"Plans on dating?" Gosh. Betty was always so direct.

Taeyeon chuckled. "None for now," she smiled again and rested her arms on the armchair's.

"Ok, honey, I'm sorry," Betty laughed, "I will stop pestering you now. Let's get straight to the point. You're working on a new movie, right?"

"Right," Taeyeon nodded.

"Can you tell us a little about it?"

"Well, I... I can't, to be honest. We haven't started to film yet, we've met with the director and the main staff just two times, and-"

"Wait," Betty interrupted Taeyeon, "You and who else?"

"Oh, my workmate. My new main partner in this movie," Taeyeon answered.

"Ohhh, that's right! I know who you're talking about!"

"So you already know?"

"I don't know the story, but I know who you'll be working with. You see, I talked to your director, Mr... Mr. Martin Cox, right? I talked to him because I wanted to know if he was okay with you being here today to talk about the movie. But he didn't say anything about the plot, he said he could only talk about your partner," Betty said as she waved her hands in front of her chest in a defensive way. I chuckled. What a dramatic and cool woman. "Do you guys want to know it?" Betty said loudly after she turned to the audience, smiling brightly. I could perfectly hear a loud, echoing "YES!".

"Can I tell them?" she asked Taeyeon.

"Go ahead," Taeyeon smiled, "I'm only here to answer questions," she chuckled again.

"Guys," Betty turned to the audience, placing one of her palms beside her lips, on the side of her face that Taeyeon was facing, "Taeyeon will be working with Tiffany Hwang!" she said in a lower tone, pretending she was whispering, before putting the palm that was placed beside in front of it, making a 'surprised' facial expression. The audience came together in a "wooooooooooooooooooooooh."

Taeyeon just kept on giggling watching Betty's actions and people's reactions.

"Damn, girl!" Betty turned to Taeyeon again, "Tiffany Hwang is a darling in Hollywood. You and her in the same movie would be an all-kill."

"Well, we hope so?" Taeyeon said, making everyone laugh. "We're aiming for success, that's for sure. I believe the movie has a great potential."

"What can we expect from it? I mean, she's very famous for her amazing debut role as a Spy, and you're very known for those kicking- female roles that we all love, what would you two together bring to us? An action movie? Thriller? Something similar to your previous roles and hers?" Betty asked, I could see she was very excited and curious. And oh my God, Beatrice Parker was talking about me on her show, with Taeyeon. I thought I was going to have a ing heart attack. I would need to call Sunny after that.

After hearing Betty's question, Taeyeon just arched her eyebrows and smirked, smiling fully to Betty afterwards. "Who knows. I really can't tell you."

Well, I found that y. But decided to ignore it. 

"You and your director Cox keep on keeping secrets from us. I hope we have a great surprise with this movie to make up for all the mystery of now!" Betty playfully complained.

"I'm sure you will," Taeyeon chuckled. "We won't disappoint you."

"I hope so. Then tell me, have you met her?"

"Tiffany? Yes... Yes, I have."

I could hear that another "woooooooooooh" echoed from the audience. Hell yeah. People were already liking us. That's how you do it. Thank you, Martin.

"Oh, it seems like my guys here," Betty pointed to the audience, "are pretty excited about it. Come on, tell us more."

"Well I, I met her last week. I received the script on... On a Friday, and on the next Monday I was already heading to the studio to meet everyone, as requested by our director Martin," she nodded. "And then I saw her again on the next day, Tuesday, and we had a photoshoot for the promotional pictures that, by the way, must be coming out soon," she smiled at the audience, that cheered a little, not wanting to disturb her, I supposed.

"Ooohhh, now we're getting somewhere," joked Betty. "Can we get to know when will these pictures be released? Will they come along with the movie's title?"

"I swear I don't know," Taeyeon chuckled, "I really don't know when or how they'll come out. But Martin and the producers really want everything to be a surprise, I doubt they'll release or reveal a lot from now."

"What if I kidnap your director Cox and his crew and force him to tell me?"

Taeyeon burst into laughter. I couldn't help but laugh by just seeing her laugh, her laugh was just so contagious.

"I believe Martin is pretty persistent," she said after calming down, "I don't think he'll tell you anything."

"I see. We'll have to wait, then. But, hey, tell your director I'm keeping an eye on him, huh!" Betty said playfully. Taeyeon just laughed and made an 'ok' sign with her fingers. "But, tell me, Taeyeon... Everyone talks about Tiffany's beauty whenever she appears on a new movie, is she as beautiful as people say she is?"

Taeyeon opened to speak then closed it again, chuckling afterwards. I wondered if she was nervous? But it couldn't be.

"Yes, yes, she is gorgeous, her beauty is intimidating, up close. She's also a very nice and caring person, good to be around."

"Girl, don't tell me that! I want to bring her here someday, how am I going to talk to a woman that you're saying that is intimidating because of her beauty? I'm already trying to deal with the decline of mine after 45 years of life!" Betty 'scolded' Taeyeon, shooking her head. Taeyeon could only laugh.

"Don't say that, you look great!... And I think you two would get along very well," Taeyeon said and nodded. If I weren't more realistic, I would say she wanted to quickly change the subject to not to talk about me.

... Wait a minute. She was talking about me. Betty P was talking about me. Taeyeon just said I'm gorgeous and intimidating? Betty was talking about wanting to invite me to her show? WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON?

"I think that makes me feel better," Betty chuckled and smiled. "Well, Taeyeon, honey, thank you for coming today, I know we just had a brief talk, but listen," Betty said as she sat on the edge of her armchair and took Taeyeon's hand in hers, "I want you and Tiffany back in this show when your movie is about to have its premiere, okay? No excuses and this time you are going to tell me everything! You two! You promise me that, girl!"

Taeyeon chuckled and smiled, nodding her head before responding, "I will be back and I'll bring her with me, I promise. Don't worry. Thank you for having me, it was great to see you again."

The audience started to cheer and clap again and Betty and Taeyeon said goodbye to each other. Taeyeon left smiling as she came, waving happily to the audience. When she was gone, Betty said they would have a break before coming back to welcome their next guest. I put my TV on mute and grabbed my phone again, calling Sunny's number.

"Come on, come on, come on..." I muttered to myself as I waited for her to pick up the call.

"Hello, Fany? What's wrong?" FINALLY!

"SUNNYBETTYPANDTAEYEONTALKEDABOUTMEOHMYGOD."

"Hey, HEY! SLOW DOWN! What? What is it?"

I took the air in slowly and let it out the same way before saying, "Taeyeon was on Betty P's program now and they both talked about me. Betty said she wanted me in her show. Betty said she wanted us both together in her show. Like, BETTY P!"

"Oh my God, really? That's so cool! Congrats, Fany! Let's wait for her invitation, then. Listen, I can't keep talking to you right now, I'm sorry."

I pouted. "Why not?"

"Uh, did you forget where I am? I'm just about to meet and greet Mickey and Minnie Mouse. And my niece is also dragging me everywhere. I literally can't talk on the phone now, I'm afraid I might lose my phone sooner or later, it's crazy here."

"Well, okay then," I sighed. "Call me later. I wish I could be there having fun, too."

"Don't worry, we'll come here together and have much more fun when you're done with the movie. I have to go now, I'll call you later, okay? Bye, take care!"

"Bye, take care you too," I said and hung up the call. Damn, I thought I would be able to talk to Sunny for at least half an hour, maybe I wouldn't be so lonely and bored like I'd been for the past few days. I looked at my watch and it was still only 4:30PM. It was early. I decided to go out and visit that adorable bakery again, I hadn't been there since last week.

I ran to my room and grabbed a purple and white flower-printed short summer dress, matched it with black flat sneakers. I dressed up quickly, brushed my hair and grabbed my purse. I took my sunglasses off and put them on, I wasn't on the mood of doing my makeup and my bare face wasn't that bad. I also picked a white, simple cardigan to take with me, in case the weather got chilly if I stayed out for too long. I went downstairs again, grabbed my car keys and left the house, and in less than 5 minutes I was already making my way to the bakery. I was already hungry.

When I got there, it wasn't very crowded, apparently. I parked my car and got out of it, heading to the bakery across the street. 'Aunt Mary' was its the name. If I ever got to know this Aunt Mary, I would thank her for her existence. I couldn't picture my life without their pastries anymore.

I entered the bakery and as I thought, it wasn't very crowded. And as I entered it... Ahhh, the smell. What a great smell. That place was so lovely, it warmed my heart. I made my way to the counter and chose some strarberry and chocolate pastries, similar to those I and Sunny have eaten the day we were here last week. The attendant placed my order and said she would get it ready in a minute. I nodded and smiled politely before turning to choose a place to sit.

As I was looking through the empty tablesthe other occupied with couples, generally—, I noticed someone sitting alone. It was a girl, and... And that girl looked pretty familiar to me. I approached her table and took my sunglasses off to take a better look at the lonely girl. I got surprised when I finally realised who it was.

"Taeyeon?" I called her.

 


 

POV — Taeyeon

"Taeyeon?" I heard someone calling me. The voice sounded pretty familiar. I turned to the person that was calling me and lifted my eyebrows, smiling.

"Tiffany."

"So, you really came," she chuckled. "How about Sooyoung?"

"Sooyoung is taking care of her sister. I gave her some vacations while she doesn't need to be with me. But I'm thinking about buying her and her sister some pastries and going to visit them after I leave."

"That's nice, they would like it," she nodded and smirked. I listened someone faintly calling 'Ms. Hwang', I believed it was the waitress looking for Tiffany.

"Um, I have to go," she said, "I have to take my order and find a place to sit. It was nice seeing you, Taeyeon," she smiled.

"Wait," I said before she walked away, "Um... Why don't you sit here with me? I mean, we're both alone here, you don't need to sit by yourself," I tried to be polite and to not sound too desperate. 

She took a couple of seconds before smiling politely and nodding her head. "Okay," she said as she sat down in front of me and raised her hand to make herself visible to the waitress. The girl came and gave her her order, Tiffany thanked her and looked at her pastries. She seemed happy.

"Thank goodness. I was so hungry," she said and chuckled, before picking up the fork and the knife and cutting one of the pastries and putting the piece in .

"Why are you alone here? Where is Sunny?" I asked.

She finished chewing and swallowed before taking a sip of her water and answering me, "Sunny's on a little vacation too." She stayed there looking at me for a few seconds before smirking and lowering her face. "You know, I was quite surprised when I saw you here," she said.

"Really? Why?"

"I was thinking you were on Betty's show. I forgot they record these shows days before."

She watched me on Betty's show? ... . She watched me on Betty's show. I didn't know she watched that show? I didn't even know it was going to air today!

"Uh..." I didn't know what to say and ended up chuckling my nervousness away, "So you watched it?"

"Yeah," she nodded as she took another bite of one of the pastries, "I stumbled upon it when I was switching the channels. It's one of my favorite talk shows. I have to say I was quite surprised when I realised you were the guest, though," she giggled. "When did you record it?"

"Ah... Earlier this week. Monday, I think?" and I was hella nervous when Betty kept putting me under pressure to talk about you, but of course you didn't need to know that. But complimenting a woman like I complimented you in national TV was a little awkward, I thought.

"You have a bad memory, don't you?"

I was about to take another bite of my chocolate cake when I heard her question. How did she...?

"Yeah," I chuckled a little, "I do. How did you know?"

"I noticed you would hesitate a little whenever you had to recall when something happened, on her show."

"Good observer," I said as I ate the piece of care on the fork.

"Thank you," she smiled.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued! Next chapter will bring more good and fun moments of TaeNy at Aunt Mary. ;) Thank you for all the views, subscribers and comments. Please keep commenting a lot (I will start to delay the chapters 2 to 3 days if I don't start to get more comments soon, I'm sorry :/)so that I can feel encouraged to write. I'm willing to write the next chapter, I have a lot of fun writing this story. Tell me how you like this one, tell me what do you expect from the next one, and depending on that, I might change what I have in mind or not. Have a good read~. ^-^