Sleepover

In Real Life

POV — Taeyeon

"Stay the night, then."

Excuse me? Tiffany was asking me to spend the night with her? I mean, in her house? ... Why?

"Sleep? Here?" I asked and she just nodded. "Why?"

"Well, if you don't want to, you just need to tell me, you know."

"It's not that! I mean, it's not like that! I just-"

"You just don't want to bother me, I know," she interrupted me and walked towards me, folding her arms. "You don't bother me. What's wrong about a girls sleepover, anyway? It's not like we're too old for that or something. Plus, I have an extra room and you won't need to sleep with me, if that's the problem."

"What? I didn't say anything about that!" I frowned. "I really don't want to bother you."

Tiffany stayed there looking at me for some seconds before shrugging and going to the couch. "Fine," she said as she sat down, "Stay if you want. You're welcomed here, as I said, you don't bother me," she said and went back to doing something on her phone.

What a little brat, Tiffany! Darling, but a little brat! I frowned again. I heard a loud thunder, the rain was still falling heavily as since we had arrived Tiffany's house. The lightnings were non-stop. I sighed and gave up. She was right. I made my way to the couch and sat beside her.

"Do you have some PJs to lend me?" I asked.

She just looked at me and smiled.

 

I looked at the pajamas I was now wearing. I frowned a little and looked at Tiffany, who was just staring at me.

"Say, you really like pink, don't you?" I asked. 

"Very much," she smiled. "Do you want to watch a movie? It's still early to order the dinner and I can't think of anything else to do."

I just nodded and we headed to her room. When I got there, I noticed one thing I hadn't noticed when I was at her house for the first time. It was HUGE. And by huge, I mean really huge. King-sized, maybe. But a king-sized bed was huge, for me. Mine wasn't even queen-sized!

"Do you sleep in this bed alone?" I asked and mentally kicked myself afterwards. What an impertinent damn question, my God. How could it slip out like that?

Tiffany looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

"Crap, please don't get offended," I facepalmed myself, "It's just that your bed is so big. I'm sorry, it wasn't supposed to come out like that. Let me rephrase it-" I was interrupted by the sound of her chuckling.

"Don't worry, it's okay. And yes, I sleep alone in this bed. I've always liked big beds and I could afford one, so... Yeah."

"Whoa. Mine is just couple-sized and I thought that was enough," I said as I approached her bed, trying to keep the conversation up. It was a little awkward to be with her in her room, you know... But I shook the thought out of my head. It was nothing, I believed.

"But mine had to be king-sized because, as you can see," she said, throwing herself on the bed and grabbing one of those Burger King cardboard crowns that was placed on one of her nightstands, putting it on her head and pointing at it, "I am the royalty."

I blinked a few times before bursting into laughter.

"What's so funny about it?" she chuckled, although she was clearly trying to sound dead serious. That made me laugh even more.

I got on the bed and got closer to her. When I was close enough, I sat down and flicked the cardboard crown off her head.

"... That was kind of mean!" she said while chuckling. I laughed again.

"You're funny."

"Thank you," she smiled. "No one had ever told me that before."

"Did you show them your crown?"

"No."

"That's why," I said and we laughed again.

After some seconds, our laughter and excitement died down. I noticed Tiffany got quiet.

"Taeyeon," she turned to me, "Can I tell you something?"

"Go ahed," I nodded.

"I'm a little concearned. About the movie."

"The movie, Tiffany? Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows

"Did you notice how people reacted when Betty told them you and I would be working together in a new movie?"

"Uh... Yeah. But they reacted pretty well, what's wrong?"

"It's exactly because they reacted too well that I'm worried," she said.

"I don't understand."

"I don't think they're expecting the... Kind of movie we will be doing," she looked away.

"The kind of movie? What kind of movie?"

"You know... You and I... As a couple. I don't think they're expecting that." 

"Tiffany, people do movies like ours pretty frequently, I'm sure you know that. It's no big deal, huh? Why bothering about it?"

"I don't know, maybe I'm worrying too much, I just..." she sighed, "I just don't want to disappoint them. And... Gosh, this is going to sound pretty silly. I don't want to disappoint you either."

I chuckled. Really?

"Me? Why would you disappoint me?"

"I don't know, I mean, you are you, I'm still trying to understand the fact that I had Taeyeon Kim in my house twice. And, you know, I'm just like a newborn in the Hollywood world, and you are this great, experient and renowned actress and..." she made a pause when she realized I couldn't stop giggling. "Oh my god, I'm sorry," she chuckled with me and hid her face in her hands.

"Hey, hey," I held one of her wrists gently and tried to pull her hand away from her face. "Why are you like that? You are so stubborn, Tiffany. Tell me, how many people have told you that you're good?"

She finally looked at me again but lowed her face a little afterwards, I guess she was embarrassed. "Well, a good amount, I think, but-"

"Then why don't you believe it?" I interrupted her. "You are truly good. You are great. I know that because I..." I hesitated a little, "I watched two of your movies this week, and I really liked them both, you were perfect. And there's no way you could disappoint me. Just because I've been in this business for a longer time than you have it doesn't mean I have more knowledge of everything, you know. Besides, what we'll do is something completely new for me too. We're in this together, okay? Don't be like that, I'm nothing special, I'm just a normal person who happens to like to pretend she's someone else and got to work with that," I chuckled  and smiled sweetly at her, letting go of her wrist.

As soon as I finished speaking, she gave me what I believe it was the biggest, brightest, most sincere and beautiful smile I had ever seen. Her eye-smiled showed off, too. It could warm any person's heart. She had a gift, did she even know that? Tiffany was a bright and kind woman, but sometimes she looked so... Fragible, insecure. I wished she wouldn't be like that. We all had our insecurities, but Tiffany didn't deserve any. Well, I had felt intimidated by her, right? 

I broke away from my thoughts when I saw her opening her arms. I realized she was about to hug me... But she suddenly stopped dead in her tracks. Did she think it wasn't okay to hug me or something? She then recomposed herself and cleared , sitting better on the bed and looking at me again, now giving this weak, shy smile. No, that was not the smile I wanted to see.

"Are you afraid of hugging me, Tiffany?"

"What?! No, no, it's not like that, I just... It's nothing, really. Maybe it's too soon."

"Too soon for a hug?" I chuckled.

"Well, I... I admit at the beginning I was very awkward around you, I think we both were, actually... But I feel comfortable with you now..." she said, almost like a whisper, drifting her gaze away from me and lowing her face, "And I just tend to get personal with people I feel comfortable with, I'm sorry, I don't know if you feel the same, I don't want to scare you," she nodded. "I'm going to order the dinner, okay? I'll get some japanese food," she said as she got up and made her way out from the room in order to get her phone that she forgot downstairs, before I could even say something. I just stayed there, frowning a little.

The way she acted worried me. 'Was I that bad to the point she thought she would scare me or push me away or something by just hugging me? I like hugs! I like hugs very much, thank you!', I thought. I knew I had these issues when dealing with feelings or expressing them, it was one of my biggest flaws, but I have always been a chill person. And I did feel comfortable with her, I wouldn't mind if she hugged me, specially in that moment, we were having a nice, gentle and encouraging talk, it felt like we had known each other for years although we had only met before in two days. We were getting along so well it was unbelievable. Why did she act that way? And what was I supposed to do, in that situation?

My heart felt heavy. I didn't want to make her feel uneasy or scared around me. She was being so nice to me since day one, she let me stay in her house while my manager was out and now she let me stay here again because she didn't want me to get hurt due an accident because of that heavy, horrendous rain that, by the way, was still falling. She even said in her own sloppy words how much she admired me, just now. And I admired her a lot, too, I was already convinced of that days ago. The least I could do was trying to be as nice and kind to her as she was being to me. I repeatedly told myself to think about something good to do.

The sound of her footsteps brought me back to reality. She was coming back to the bedroom. I was still feeling apologetic and guilty. I know how bad it is to be uncomfortable or unsure around someone, I didn't want her to feel the same. Should I give her the hug she wanted to give me first? Should I not? Should I say something about it? Should I suggest a movie to watch?

"So, I ordered sushi," she looked at me and smiled a little. "They said it will be here in 40 minutes or so. Is that okay for you?"

"Uh... Yeah, it's great. I'll pay."

"You're my guest," she said as she made her way back to the bed, "Guests don't pay."

"This guest pays," I pointed to myself.

"This host," she pointed to her face, "Doesn't let guests pay."

"Touché," I nodded. "But I'm still paying."

She chuckled. "Do you even have money there?"

"Do you think a 25-year-old woman goes out without money? And didn't I pay my order back at Aunt Mary?"

"Well, I didn't see you carrying any purse."

"I don't like purses," I shook my head, "I carry my money in my wallet and in my back pocket."

"What if some delinquent tried to rob it?"

"You know, I think it would be easier for a burglar to grab a purse than to slide his hand through my covered to grab my wallet," I chuckled. She laughed at my comment.

"You're right," she said. "I'm a little too paranoid about these things, sometimes."

"That's not a bad thing, though. You take more care of yourself, that way. I wish I could be more like that."

"You're not?"

"No. I'm way too carefree, I guess. I often think I won't ever get injured, sick, or even robbed, in any circumstances. I'm that kind of person. And if I get sick, I think I don't need to see a doctor and try to get better by myself, but by doing nothing but staying home and just hoping I would get better," I chuckled.

She giggled. "Isn't that called being positive?"

"I...." I made a small pause and chuckled again, "I think that's called being stubborn and that therefore I have no relevant rights to call you stubborn."

"So we're even," she said and smiled.

"For now," I smiled back.

 

Our food arrived almost an hour later and Tiffany brought it for us to eat in her room. She also brought orange juice, the same one I drank when I came to her house last week. She sat on the bed beside me and opened the three relatively large boxes of sushi, then gave me one of the two pairs of chopsticks that came with the food.

I smiled. I was hungry already, it was almost 9:30PM. I grabbed the chopsticks and broke them, then picked up one of the sushis with them and put it in my mouth. Tiffany was staring at me.

"What?" I asked, my mouth full.

"How do you do that? I still don't know how to use this thing!" she lifted the hand that was messily holding the chopsticks.

"I know how to eat with these since I was a little girl."

"But you don't live in Korea anymore!"

"Hey, I might've forgotten how to speak Korean, but I didn't forget how to eat asian food, okay? Here," I put my chopsticks down and held her hand, "You place this one in between your thumb and your index finger, right? Then you hold the other chopstick with your middle finger, your index finger and your thumb all together," I placed her fingers in the right positions as I instucted her, and she obeyed accordingly. "Yes, there. Now move the one you're holding with the three fingers," I told her and she did as I asked. 

"It worked!" she smiled. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome," I smiled back at her, letting go of her hand and brushing my fingers slightly through her arm as I brought my hand back to myself. "So, are you excited?" I said before stuffing my mouth with another sushi.

"About what?" she began to eat too.

"The filming starts on monday."

"Oh, that. I'm really excited!" she smiled brightly. "Aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am. Specially because that means I won't have to stay home alone for so many days anymore," I chuckled.

"Same here. But I don't know if Sunny will be back on Monday..."

"Where is she?"

"Disneyland with her family."

"Disneyland? Florida?" 

Tiffany nodded and took another sushi in .

"Aw, man. I've always wanted to go there," I said.

"You've never been to Disneyland? Not even as a kid?"

I shook my head. "Not even as a kid. I... I never had enough time to do childish things when I was a kid, I think..." I looked down.

"Why not?"

"I started to work pretty early. I had to mature and grow up before the time."

She pouted a little and stayed quiet for some seconds before turning to me again and smiling. "Me and Sunny will take you to Disneyland, then. Sooyoung can come, too."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "Sunny promised to take me there once the filming and the premiere promotions are done. By then I think all the 4 of us will be much closer. I think it would be fun to go together, don't you?"

"Yeah, it would be awesome," I said and smiled. It would really be so fun and amazing. "But, anyway, if Sunny isn't back by Monday, just tell me. Me and Sooyoung can come pick you up."

She chuckled, "I can drive, Taeyeon."

"Fine," I chuckled with her, "But I was just saying, in case you need."

She smiled at me and went back to eating. We were eating rather quietly (I think us both were very hungry), but would still exchange some random words just so that the mood wouldn't drop and become awkward. The night was comfortably going by, a nice feeling surrounding us. When we finished eating, she put away the remaining sushis in their box and everything else she had brought.

"Are you sleepy yet?" she asked me.

"Not really. I woke up late."

"Me too. Do you want to watch a movie? Or play something on my iPad?" she chuckled, "I don't know what to propose."

I smiled when I heard the word 'play'. "Well, I love games. What do you have there?"

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone, here's another chapter for you! ^-^I read your comments and I was glad that most of them matched my plans for the story. I hope you're all looking foward to reading the upcoming chapters! Their filming will start soon and, from then on, get ready!; ) Hahaha, enjoy the chapter as you may. The next one will either be out in some hours or tomorrow night. Please keep commenting! ^-^