Shopping With Idiots and Luhan

An Unexpected Life(ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback:

 

 

I was fourteen when I finally started learning the piano. I always had an interest in wanting to play the musical instrument, but I was too busy learning other important things from halapeoji. What got me intrested in the first place was the piano that was in his house. He had a a special room for all the music instruments he knew how to play. The grand piano was beautifully centered inside of the music room; the rest of the area was filled with multiple guitars, keyboards, a drum set, microphones, and plenty of other equipment. Halapeoji once said that he was a music teacher for orphaned kids back in Korea roughly around seven months. He mentioned that it was a hobby that he enjoyed and that his wife was a music lover. One day, he saw me trying to play "Chopsticks" on the piano. I had searched up what was one of the easiest piano pieces to play and that was one of them. Although I thought I was decent with the first couple notes, he rushed into the room and yelled out,

 

"Yah! You're making my ears bleed!"

 

My piano lessons started soon after I got scolded. He taught me the basics from head to toe, and began reading notes from different pieces. "Chopsticks" was a success after my eighteenth time. I was proud of myself, but then realized it was an amateur song to play on the piano. I opted out on learning harder pieces and challenged myself to learn a piece within a month. By the time I was sixteen, I had mastered thirty-two songs! 

 

"You sure are good at everything you do huh?" Halalpeoji asked as I finished playing "River Flows in You", my favorite piece. 

"Of course, I learn from the best!" I replied making my way towards the sofa he was watching me from. I gave him a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

"Yah, you still have a lot to learn Ailee ah." He pinched my cheeks. "However I do admit, you know a lot for your age. I'm proud for the things you know. I know I was the one that taught you a lot, but it is you who accomplishes it." His seriousness kicked in, and I knew it was time to listen. For some reason, I began tearing up at his words. I sat down on the couch as well so I could face him. He continued with, "You are truly talented. Don't forget that. You deserve to get far in life and you most certainly will. I believe in you." 

And that's what made me cry a river. I was crying like a baby in front of him and I was confused at the time. I came back home just in time for dinner. During the walk back to my house, my mind went completely blank. I wasn't thinking, I was just walking. I cried for thirty minutes before I had the strength to get out halapeoji's house. Dinner was served, and as always it was loud. I had a big family: one sister and three little brothers. I always got along with them, unlike other siblings. In fact, my brother who was born after me was my best friend. If I wasn't with halapeoji, I would be with my sister Nana catching up on something. We did everything together. Although my sister and I were four years apart, it didn't stop us from being close. As for my other two little brothers, let's just say I spoil them like my own kids. My parents well...they were parents. I was close with both of them. We were the perfect family I should say. You'd think that having five kids would be troublesome, but we rarely fought each other. I loved my family, I really do. But, not once have my parents told me they were proud of me. Maybe that's why I cried. It felt nice to be told that I was talented. It felt nice that someone noticed my accomplishments. I'm only sixteen and I know how to speak three different languages, play the piano, have straight A's, knows car maintenance, bake french pastries, and can install new doors around the house. Yeah, I sound a bit cocky, but I was never one to show off my skills. AND DID I MENTION I WAS ONLY SIXTEEN?! Hahaha, but really though, I was happy when halapeoji said those words to me. I knew just how talented I was, and from now on, I vouch that I will do everything and anything that halapeoji says. I will never pick a fight with him ever again. I will continue to learn things he's willing to teach me. I will make him proud.

 

 

Ailee's POV:

 

"I want chocolate!" Sehun yelled as he held onto my left forearm. It was the weekend and just got done with my daily meeting with Kang Jun. I went back home to change into some comfortable sweats and as I walked out into the hallway Sehun, Baekhyun, and Luhan walked out from their apartment. They were on their way to the bubble tea store downtown. I was actually on my way to get my green tea fix at Starbucks, but I had no choice but to tag a long with them when Baekhyun pulled me into the elevator, down to the parking garage. We took Luhan's car since bubble tea wasn't the only thing on their agenda. 

"Strawberry for me!" Baekhyun shouted from the table him and Luhan were sitting at. All three of them had volunteered me as tribute to pay for their drinks. These boys are too much to handle. 

"Coconut for me!" Luhan shouted right after Baek.

I turned around to face the cashier man and saw his amused face.

"No need to repeat them, I heard them loud and clear." The guy smirked. "What else could I get you for today?" 

"Oh, I'll take a taro bubble

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter