Call Me Crazy?

An Unexpected Life(ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback:

 

 

"Do you want to learn Cantonese too?" my dad asked me as he rolled the pastry dough bits into another ball.

"Yeah, why not." I replied back to him as I did the same on my side. Ever since I could remember, my father and I would bake together in his bakery. My dad was an owner of many bakeries around here and had some business stores back in California and some other states in the Midwest. Out of the five kids my parents had, I was the only one who inherited baking skills. I grew up learning how to bake all sorts of things like: donuts, pastries, croissants, cookies, you name it. My father started this business a couple years before I was born while my mom was into cosmetology. Together, my mom and aunt opened a successful hair salon and were now functioning five around the states. My parents were smart business people and that's why they succeeded. 

"I could teach you Lee." My dad always called me that as a nickname. I remember hating that when I was ten but got used to it because it was the only thing I'd ever hear him call me. Currently, the time was 4:38 in the morning. And yes, in the morning, because all these pastries, donuts, and muffins weren't going to cook itself. My dad always went to work around one in the a.m. and usually got off around two or three p.m. Our shop closed at five o'clock p.m. on the dot and we opened everyday except Christmas. I started working with him on the weekends since I was eight. Before you call it child abuse, I was the one that wanted to go with my dad to work. In fact, I remember spending my eighth birthday here in the morning with him, otherwise I'd through a tantrum. 

"I know you can, but I also know you're busy. I don't have to learn now, I can always learn later anyways." I responded back while going back to glaze the donuts that I just got out from the fryer. We had our mini decoration center where we could decorate anything on these donuts. One time, I wrote Happy Hanukkah when it was Halloween day. I got in trouble for that one. 

"But you're a fast learner, so I know you can do it. And don't worry about my time, if you want to learn, I will teach you. I promise I won't charge you." My dad let out a soft chuckle and so did I. My dad was always a jokester, like me. I inherited his personality genes. He was calm, never liked arguing(that's why he would always let my mom yell whenever they fought), nice, funny, and respectful. He's my mentor next to Halapeoji. My mom...she was the exact opposite: fierce, blunt, controlling, tough, and all the above. That's probably why they married, opposites attract you know. 

And that's how I began learning Cantonese. Some days he'd teach me right after I got out from school, and other times when I go help in the bakery. It took me nine months to know almost everything. Cantonese is way harder than I expected, but nevetheless I learned it and could add another language to my profile. I was sixteen going on seventeen when I learned the language and wow I was proud of myself. I was in high school juggling all of these AP classes, and here I was taking another course at home. Way to be an over achiever Ailee. No wonder I had no friends. I simply didn't make time for them. MUHAHAHAH(evil laugh)....sigh.

 

 

Suho's POV:

 

 

We stayed up pretty late last night. Ailee was over our house since we all just came back from the arcade. We played there for nearly two hours after class and forgot about time. We did the usual and cooked dinner at home. Almost feels weird to be saying we did the usual since Ailee is here...but it's like she fits perfectly in EXO. Anyway, I'm assuming I was the first to wake up like always since it was quiet in the apartment. To my surprise, I didn't find Sehun in his bed when I woke up. Weird. He wasn't in the bathroom either, but I took advantage of the shower just in case he came back from the kitchen or wherever he was. I got out the shower and it was 12:42 in the afternoon and the evil maknae was still no where to be found. I finally checked the other rooms only to find out Baek and Lu weren't here either. I went to wushu master's room hoping to find Ailee snuggled up with him on his bed since she fell asleep here, but nope. Not here. I'm starting to think she got kidnapped...by my own brothers. Oh dear. I went to fetch my phone from my cubicle(another term I use to call my room, because...because......). I called Luhan but only to be disappointed again when I heard his phone go off from his room. Usually he'd be on a run or excersing around this time so there was a chance he wouldn't be with Baek or Sehun. I called him cause he was one of the responsible ones in the group and I still had hopes he was somewhere with Ailee. I called her only to reach her voicemail. All of these disappointments. I'm sick of this world already. I called again though because that meant she let her phone ring and maybe she didn't hear it. 

"Hello?" she finally answered after the fourth ring.

"IF YOU ARE WITH BAEKHYUN, THE OBNOXIOUS ONE OR SEHUN, THE EVIL MAKNAE, GET AWAY FROM THEM NOW." I half-way shouted at her. "RUN." I finished.

I heard her laugh, but little did she know I wasn't kidding. "Relax omma, we're just shopping around. We needed some new clothes." she answered.

"Are you at least with Luhan?" I asked.

"Yes, in fact, I'm the only one with him. We kinda ditched Baek and Sehun cause they're weird and went inside a Victoria Don't Tell Nobody store."

"What? Anyway, that's good that you're with Luhan. Thank god." I sighed of relief.

"No wonder you're called the omma of the group, Jeezus." she really did sound like one of the EXO boys now. They always clowned on me for being so protective over these kids, but I can't help it when I feel the need to be responsible for the people I love. Did I just say love? Forget it, if she's going to be around me, then she needs to know how I will be like.

"Well if no one checks up on you little kiddos then who will?" 

"True dat." I laughed at her answer.

"When will you be back? I'm thinking about getting some take-out for the boys. They're still sleeping though."

"Oh, I just got done paying for my clothes and thought about grabbing something to eat to but I'll grab some food for you guys and we'll head back in a little bit. Okay?"

"Okay, sounds good. I'll see you then. Be careful." I myself couldn't believe how serious I sounded. But still, I can't help it. It's a dangerous world out there. 

"Yes, ommmmmma~." she replied back sarcastically and hung up. I went towards the kitchen to pour me a glass of orange juice. I met Min Suk hyung when I entered. He was already pouring himself a glass as well.

"Hey pour me one." I said.He poured me a glass and asked me, 

"Where are the other boys at?" 

"They went shopping in the city and d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter