Embarrassed Kyungsoo

An Unexpected Life(ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback:

 

"Ahh Lee ah, remember to start the car if the engine is too cold. It's best to change the oil when it's a bit warm rather than cold. Arasseo?" he said gruffly while standing back and observing me as I released the latch on the car hood so I can have a better view on the engine. 

"Nae." I simply replied.

He found a chair to sit in beside the suv I was fixing. We were in the garage at the time and before I got my hands dirty, I opened up his carriage garage doors so we could see the natural sunlight. It was a bright and sunny day in Hawaii and the wind felt perfect. I caught a glimpse of him smiling as he admired the satisfying weather. Turning back to the car I was working on, I did the usual checkup that consisted of changing the oil and brakes. I got my wrench set, pulled the jack stands out of the cabinet, and grabbed a rag I could be comfortable on. I've been doing this since I was ten and yet he always manages to say something just in case I magically forgot how to repair a car. I let out a soft chuckle thinking about it as I inspected the hoses for any leaks. 

Of all people, he should know that I'm more than capable of fixing a car; afterall he is the one that taught me how. I can practically take out all parts of a car and put it back together in my sleep. Yes, I am that good because I've had the pleasure in learning from the best guy anyone could learn by. But don't think he was easy on me, I swear he was always on my about every single detail when I first started learning about cars. If I had just missed putting a screw in the wrong place, he'd make me redo everything again and take apart the car. I seriously hated it for as long as I remembered because he had forced me to learn and always used the excuse,

"YAH! What will you do if you're stranded somewhere and your car breaks down on the road? What will you do then, huh?"

Now, I simply like the hobby and took it as something that will actually be handy in the future. Like what if I really was stranded on a road somewhere and my car broke down? At least I'd know how to fix it right? It had taken me everyday during a summer just to learn what I know and as much as I want to regret spending a full summer learning about what's underneath the hood of a car and everything else that came with it, I didn't. He taught me more than my dad could've done in a lifetime. Hahahaha, but really though. My parents were too busy with their businesses to even sign my permission slips for school trips. I still love them though, cause I understand how important keeping our family business is. 

An hour and a half had already passed when I was just about done with everything when he asked, 

"Lee ah, are you done yet? I'd like you to accompany me to the market." he muttered under his breath just loud enough for me to hear him.

Closing the hood of the car and wiping my hands on a rag I said "Nae halapoji! Gah shi jiyo!"

"Arasseo, let me grab my wallet from the house first ok."

"Nae!" I saluted him with my right hand as he picked himself up from the chair. 

He gave me a smile before he left. 

 

 

"Ailee ahh~" Jun crept into my room tapping my shoulder. "Get up, it's time for school."

Once a minute passed, Jun found me still sleeping and opted out to jump on the bed. Throwing a pillow at him he stopped and realized I was up the whole time he'd been there. 

"What kind of assistant does this?!" I yelled out weakly.

Slowly coming to a halt, he answered "Sorry, but I thought you were still sleeping." 

He gave a smile, and sat down next to me. I was still half-asleep and I really didn't want to go to school today. Just as I was trying to come up with an excuse not to go, Jun jumped off the bed, grabbed my arm, and dragged me to the bathroom. He then turned the shower on and let himself out. I was standing there with my mouth slightly opened because I felt like I had no choice but to get ready. I was able to let out a "wow" in disbelief before I did my morning routine. 

"Here, have some yogurt." he handed me a cup of it with some fruit nicely cut up on top as I entered the kitchen. 

"I don't wanna go today." I said taking the yogurt and sitting down on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter