That Girl

An Unexpected Life(ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEP*

 

Ohmygod, my alarm couldn't be anymore annoying. I'm beyond tired and I only got three hours of sleep. #TeamNoSleep. Kang Jun oppa came by last night to drop off some groceries cause he thought I'd be uncomfortable getting them. It's not like I don't speak the language, I mean it's been about six years since I've known Korean. I learned from a guy I once knew, he was genuine. He taught me a lot of what I know today, and trust me when I say a lot. From cars, to business, to how to cut an onion the right way. He was…he was..my motivator. My energy flowed and powered when he would teach me all this new stuff about the littlest things like how to restore a battery when you don't have any more, or even big things like a whole new language! No he's not my dad, but I love him as if he was my own.

 

Anyway, it was the start of my first day of school here. It happened to feel like the first day of high school though, being in a different country and what not. I started by washing my face, yada yada yada, and by seven o'clock, I was eating breakfast. Toast it was, and some milk Kang Jun oppa bought me. We're starting to get the hang of using informal language so last night to make things a bit comfortable, he asked to call him "oppa" and so I did. It's not weird to us though, I'd rather him talk down to me and use informal language then be stiff as a rock to one another. After all, he is the only person I can depend on over in this country, besides the cops. My front door rang and before I even got up oppa walked in. "Why even knock when you come in anyway?" I asked as my mouth was full of toast.

 

He smiled and replied, "Because you're my dongseng now."

 

"Okayyyyy oppppppa." I said back at him with a grin.

 

"So how's the outfit?"

 

"It's, well, perfect. My blazer isn't too tight around the arms then I though it would be. Gives me room to do push-ups and allows air to travel fast and swift for whenever I need to punch someone in the face today. You know what I mean?"

 

The school outfits mostly consists of blacks and whites with a mild tint of red within the mascot sewed into my blazer. I wore a white dress up shirt with a black blazer over it. The outfits also come with a red and white blazer so you can choose whichever one to wear. I'm a pretty tall girl so my skirt ended halfway around my thighs, but I chose to wear long thigh socks to cover my skin. I didn't want to go to school the first day and have everyone think I'm a foreign . To top it off I wore some black vans to pull my look. I don't mind dressing girly, it's just I like to be comfortable. I admit, I tend to wear sweats and sweaters throughout the seasons so I'm going to have to get used to wearing skirts every day here. My hair was in a bun, a very cute bun I believe, and I put on my black framed glasses for the final accessory. I look like a plain Jane, but I don't care.

 

He laughed out loud and took a bite of my second slice of toast. "You're going to punch someone in the face today?"

 

"Maybe, you think anyone would try to bully me?"

 

"Look, I'm sure you can handle yourself, and plus you’re a senior, not someone fresh middle school."

 

"Yeah, but I'm fresh from another country." I said quoting with my fingers. "I'm going to pretend like I don't know any Korean, and see if anybody talks ."

 

"This should be fun."

 

We arrived at the school a bit early. Oppa had taken me since I wouldn’t have a license until the end of next week. He dropped me off at the front and waved goodbye to him. The school was huge. The size of a mall I'm assuming. I mean is it really necessary to have valet at the front doors. Like what even? I had an hour to spare since class started so I tried to go look around the school as much as I could. I stepped foot inside and was astonished at how high the ceilings were. The lockers were all varied in different shades of whites and greys giving it the most modern look inside a school to ever been made. The hallways were not tiled, but dark grey wood covered the entire floor with humongous windows on the sides. You couldn't see all of Seoul from the window, but it had a nice view. Heck I could see my apartment from here!

 

As I went through the halls glancing at the tennis courts, soccer fields, and bat mitten club house from the inside, I finally made it to my locker. It took a good five minutes to open it, I was getting scared after the first two, but then a janitor helped me out and I couldn't thank him more. I did my rounds searching for the different classes I would be in and finally settled in my homeroom. Mr. Yang his name was and I heard he was pretty prestigious as a kid, but has the heart of a ten year old, so Kang Jun oppa says.

 

*Remember, in the story they're still talking Korean!*

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo!" I introduded myself bowing down immediately to my teacher.

 

"Oh well, hello there," he said with a smile, "I don't think I've seen you here before?"

 

"Yes, and you are right. I'm Ailee Kim, your new transfer student."

 

"Ah, ok I was going through my roster the other day and saw a new name on there, I welcome you Ailee!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter