Bacon

An Unexpected Life(ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kang Jun's POV-Flashback: 

"I'm getting to old to be taking care of a man who's older than me Jun." my father told me as I saw him working in his offiice at home. He was a personal assistant for some guy I never saw and supposedly took care of the man's financial things. That man was like a millionaire or something and my father always knew him since they were young. Ever since I was young, I saw my father with paperwork in his hands nearly all the time. He always had some sort of work to do and claimed that it was "adult stuff". I was eighteen when he finally told me what "adult stuff" he was doing. Managing bank accounts, property mortgage, credit cards, bills, and more bills. That's what he was doing. All this time...what a job.

"So why did you do it in the first place, and why don't you quit?" I asked him.

"Well son, the pay is good. And as for quitting, I'm not quitting. I'll be retiring in a couple years." he laughed it off. I couldn't deny it, the pay was good. I knew it because he was the only one working besides me. I was in my senior year and worked a couple jobs here and there because I never like being bored at home. However it's not like I payed bills or anything. We lived in a mansion, a really big one. All the income I made from my side jobs went straight into my bank account which was already filled with cash, lots of it. My dad made so much money from this job, that my mom didn't even bother working. Instead she became a housewife and did gardening on the side as a hobby. My father would complain if he saw her working anyway. Tsk. Lovebirds. 

"Now that you're hitting college pretty soon, how's about learning a thing or two from your old man?" he asked me now setting aside his business envelopes. 

"What exactly are we talking about?" I made my way to the leather couch he had in his office.

"Son, I'm a business man. Sort of. But I'd like to teach you some of these things. In fact, you'll need to learn how to take care of this stuff when you're older anyway. I won't be around forever you know." He made his way across me sitting on the other leather couch.

"Sure, if you say so."

Throughout my senior year, I learned a lot about business and accounting. I decided to go for a degree in business as well and finished my bachelor's before I was twenty two. Although I wanted to do international business and visit the world while I worked, my father guaranteed that he had the perfect job for me to take as I'd get the whole package. He said that I'd get to travel, have fun, work, and get paid well if I took over his previous work. You see personal assistants, like my father, did get the whole package. All you really did was take care of rich people's financial worries like paying the phone bill on time because they were too lazy to pay it themselves. They only needed you when they have favors, but it's not like you see them everyday. Therefore this type of job had flexible hours, which was in my favor. There are of course those rich and snobby people who need their assistant more than oxygen to function on a daily basis, however my father claimed that he was lucky. He said the man he worked for rarely called him, and usually it was just checking in on what my father was doing. I decided to take up on his offer because he said that he knew the person I'd be working for. Therefore I took the job and started my first day. Technically, all I had to do was introduce myself. I was expecting a man somewhere in his thirties or forties, but I was completely wrong. I was now working under a female: a highschool, seventeen year old teenager. 

 

 

Baekhyun's POV: 

 

 

"Hand me that chip bag Sehun." I tugged on his arm to get his attention. Once he gave me the bag, I opened it and asked "Where's Ai at?"

"She's waking Lay up." Suho said munching on his ddeokbokki.

"She's taking five-ever and a half." I put the bag down on the table before I grabbed a few out of the bag. "I need to show her what I got her from the store today."

"You got her something?" Chanyeol came out from the room after his shower.

"Yeah, something she'll like." Sehun said and turned to grin at me.

"You guys are just-" Luhan came into the conversation. He was sitting by Min Suk hyung when he interrupted.

"Idiots." 

"True. Very true." DeYonce added.

"It's not like we're being mean to her." I said back throwing a chip at Min Suk hyung.

"You guys are just weird to be friends with. Why am I even friends with you guys?" D.O. said.

"You love us." Sehun and I both said at the same time. We high-fived each other. 

"Seriously, what did you guys get her?" Kai asked this time.

"You'll see, it cost me twelve dollars." I answered. This time Sehun and I couldn't stop laughing. A newly showered Krease appeared, but he still looked ugly. Chen followed him after.

"It's already past one?" Chen asked still half asleep.

"Yes, now hurry and shower so you can eat." Luhan said handing Krease a plate full of food. 

"Wait, before you go I need to show you what I got for Ailee." I said which made Chen stop his tracks. Everyone was in the living room now, besides Ailee and Lay. I couldn't wait any longer so I went to go check on what they were doing. I slowly opened the door to Lay's room and saw them together on the bed. Ailee was sitting down on his bed facing him so I couldn't see her face, but I saw Lay's. He stared blankily at her and had trouble opening his eyes a bit before he could actually tell who was there. He didn't see me standing there because his full attention was on Ailee. They weren't talking. Just staring. What is this? I sense love in the air! Is this perhaps the beginning of a new love?! Ohmaigerrrd. Just when I was deep in my thoughts of the possibility of AiLay, I saw him smile. His dimple showed and I was trying to comprehend what just happened. Like I'm pretty sure they didn't talk or say anything to each other cause I would've heard. He literally just smiled out of nowhere. What is happening. I couldn't see Ailee, but I'm pretty sure she was smiling at him the same way he was. I didn't even know if I wanted to disturb them anymore. I wanted them to keep staring at each other...it was almost awkward just watching them, so I decided I'd back out. I'll talk to one of them later anyways. Muhahahaha. 

"What's taking so long?" Chen asked as he walked my way but without stopping. His intentions were to go into the room but little did he know he'd interrupt a lover's atmosphere and ruin it. 

"No don't go in-" I tried pulling his arm back before he stepped in but it was too late.

"What are you guys doing?" Chen asked them as he entered the room. "Come out and eat. Hyung, go shower." he was done talking now and left the room right after his command. I just stared blankily at him, "What are you looking at?" This guy...seriously. I looked into their room and the both of them now stared blankily at me. I stared back with the same expression and I swear it was awkward for me because I know there's something there between the two of them. I could see Ailee looking back between me and Lay with confused eyes and me making it more awkward just stood there completely silent. I looked up at the ceiling bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter