The Troll & Aegyo Prince

An Unexpected Life(ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

"Lee ah~" he grumbled from downstairs.

"Nae, halopeoji!" I made my way down his stairs and found him sitting down drinking coffee and reading a newspaper. He was seated at the marble counter top that surfaced much of the kitchen. Before I could ask what he wanted, he quickly put down his coffee mug and the newspaper, looked me in the eye, and quickly asked me, 

"How do you say can I have some money?" with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhh..um." I mumbled under my breath.

"Silpae. Try again." He retorted with a disappointing look on his face. 

"I was only thinking!" I replied still thinking about the answer and I finished off by saying, "Uhh..juh don...bilyo ju...shi su..sae yo." 

"Close, that's asking to borrow money." he responded but this time with a smile on his face. "I see you've been working on those cards. I'll take it. Now that I know you've taken notice in the cards, let's officially begin." he got up from the chair. 

"Halapeoji, it's not like I really had a choice but to look at them." I said as I followed him into his office. He caught a glimpse of my rolling eyes and chuckled.

"You won't regret it." pulling out a whiteboard so that he can write on.

And so the lessons began. My Korean lessons that is. Last week, he had found me in the music room fiddling with his grand piano out of boredom. And because he found me in a bored state, he resolved my solution to bringing a stack of cards that had weird symbols on one side, while the other side had the meaning and how to pronounce it. He told me to not just remember these, but know them. I looked at him with disbelief, and desperately tried to figure a way out of this situation. I failed when I had the excuse of homework. Why? He had already known I was on winter break. I banged my head on the piano as he walked off. I went home after that deciding that maybe learning might not be a bad idea. So there I was, on my bed and studying during my winter break. 

I'm only eleven, but I was a fast learner. Guess he realized that when he saw that I picked up on cars and what not. I was a very dililigent student for my age and never got into trouble. Even I was proud of myself for being so mature at my age. My point is that he'd know I could pull off learning Korean, and I had no excuse whatsoever. Even if it was my break. I mean, I already live in Hawaii, it's not like I really need a vacation when I'm surrounded by the beach. I needed to know it anyway since I have Korean blood in me. Mandarin was my very first language and it was spoken in the house as the primary language. Second was English which I had to learn during elementary. Embarrassing, right? I continued to learn the language and would by asking how to say some curse words. He'd glare at me, but never failed to actually teach me as he knew I'd learn the full language anyway so why not. Maybe learning Korean wasn't a bad thing afterall. 

 

Ailee's POV:

 

He had the most confused face anyone could have and I wish I could've wrapped my arms around his cute face to let him know I was just beating him at his own game. He seemed like a troll(a very cute one), at least that's the kind of vibe I got from him yesterday. I could feel the group of boys who just walked in look at me from their seats. I looked around to see them all staring back and forth from me and the guy I was having the staring contest with. Confused as well, I made the decision to break the silence.

"Umm, what's your favorite color?" I kindly asked him in English not breaking away from OALYDSK(Operation:Act Like You Don't Speak Korean). "Oh, and I said you lost cause I thought that we were playing a staring game." I attempted to explain. 

I could tell he was still confused at why I said he had lost. Contemplating on whether or not to expain in Korean because it was just a couple of us in the room anyway, my thoughts were interupted when a few boys came in together. A guy with spiky brown hair was saying something in Chinese to another tall guy. Something about playing basketball after school ends, but while they were talking, they too were interupted when the cute guy shouted out,

"Kris! Help me!" he said in English waving his hands over his head. "Can you translate for me?" he asked in Korean this time. The guy I'm assuming was Kris looked up from the basketball conversation & made his way towards the top of the desk in front of me allowing me to get a wift of his scent. My god, he smells delicious. 

"For what?" he asked confused. 

"The new girl was saying something in English, and I don't really know what she was saying besides purple." he tried to say quietly. 

"Ahh~" Kris turned to me and I died a bit with his deep voice floating my way. He was going to start explaining what I already know but stopped and turned to the cute guy cause he yelled out.

"Yah Baekhyun ah! I know something about her you don't! Hah!" he shouted pointing to Baekhyun who gasped in response. He had his hand over his heart, mouth wide opened. Turning to me, he exagerated by saying something that made me laugh out loud, and in English too.

"You spoke to him before me?! How dare you?" noticing my laugh, he smiled at me and quickly replied. "I think she like me more." giving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter