*Honesty*

Special

[ Minho ]


"What do you mean Jessica didn't make it?"

Minho sighed and let his head fall back against the cold wall that separated the kitchen and living room. The doorway was cracked open slightly, his doing of course. He wasn't going to trust that Baekhyun guy and the one called Yoona not to suddenly stab Krystal. He listened to their hushed conversation with a dark expression set on his face, eyebrows drawn forward and jaw set grimly.

"We didn't realize into time that the Normals had the building rigged with bombs, and Jessica . . . she just . . . she sacrificed herself to get us all out in time," Baekhyun muttered, looking away from Krystal's dilated eyes. "She was with two of our other guys. The three of them were our heroes that day, and they still are . . ."

"If it makes you feel any better, which it probably won't, Sica was looking for you, too. Uh-" Yoona stood up from the kitchen table and opened one of the cabinets. She rummaged through its contents and pulled out a small journal before handing it to Krystal. Minho watched the younger girl open the binding of the book cautiously, eyes roaming over the pages. "That's hers. I remember her showing me some pictures of you in there, I think."

 

"Thank you," Krystal whispered. She stood up from her chair and made her way out the kitchen. She stopped when she saw Minho waiting, and he smiled softly at her. Are you okay? he was asking silently. She returned his smile, although it was weak and forced. That meant, No, I'm not.
 

"Come on. I'll help you get settled," he offered. They sat down in the guest room, Krystal dropping her small bag of belongings on the floor. That was pretty much all they needed to get settled anyways. Minho lingered still, watching Krystal's expression as she reopened the journal, lips twitching upwards with sadness.

"Look. It's us," Krystal sniffed quietly, revealing the picture she'd been staring at. Minho blinked with embarassment at the younger version of himself, his arms wrapped protectively around an even younger Sulli and Krystal as they all grinned widely. He remembered this day, Jessica standing behind the camera with a delighted beam. Krystal collapsed on the small mattress in the corner of the room, covering her face with her hands and her shoulders shaking.

Putting down the picture, Minho quickly settled next to Krystal and wrapped an arm around her.

"I'm sorry," he managed to whisper, rocking them side to side. Krystal closed her eyes slowly, closing the journal before her tears could stain the pages.

"A year. Just one more year and I could've"- her voice cracked -"I could've seen her again. I could've asked how she was doing! If she . . . if she missed me as much as I did. How did she get taken? I could have told her about you a-and Sulli and the others." Krystal sobbed, leaning forward so that her forehead rested against the journal cover.

"All the answers to your questions are in that journal, I'm sure," Minho murmured, speaking softly into her hair. "And I'm also sure she would have loved to hear about us." He instantly regretted saying that, because Krystal cried even harder. "Hey. Hey, come on. Let's meet the others, okay?"

Krystal immediately shook her head, straightening up and hugging Jessica's journal to her chest.

"You c-can go. I want to just . . . stay here." She looked meaningfully at the journal. Minho nodded to show he understood, letting her lay down before he tucked her into the thin sheets. Then he settled next to her. "What are you-?"

"Oh, do you not want me to read it, too? Okay." He nodded once before closing his eyes, resting his cheek against the palm of his hand so he could rest. He felt a curious stare burning into his forehead, so he opened one eye and glared at Krystal. "Hey, because of you, I'm staying here, so you better get something done." Krystal blinked several times, and Minho grinned cheekily as he allowed both of his eyes to stay wide open.

Finally, Krystal returned his smile, despite the tears still staining her pale cheeks. She opened up Jessica's journal to the first page, and Minho's eyes followed the neatly scribbled characters.

Krystal won't see me when she gets home. I realize that now. I pray that she finds safety, maybe with those Choi kids. They probably know what to do. I suspected those two tall crazies to be Specials the moment I met them.

"Did she just call me a crazy?"

"Your sister, too."

I have no idea how I escaped that plane, but it might be because I had two half-asleep idiots guarding the back. And a plane? Really? I have wind manipulation, people. Wind equals air. Air. Plane. This is the only time I'll be grateful for stupidity.

I've walked for a long time now, and it seems to be really empty. This city scares the crap out of me; why is it so barren?

I think I'm in Seoul. I jumped off a plane. And landed in Seoul. I am the luckiest person in the history of humans.
(P.S. that was sarcasm)

I don't want to leave just yet; at least I have half a roof over my head. I hope Krystal is okay. As soon as I figure out what I can do . . . I'm going back for her.

"Minho, I can't read this anymore," Krystal whispered. The book flew from her hands and landed perfectly on the shelf across the room. Minho wrinkled his nose at her - telekinetics and their ability to be professionally lazy.

"Send it back here." Krystal glared at him. "Now, Krystal." With a sigh and a flick of her index finger, the journal was back in her lap. Minho smiled with content as he picked up the book, snuggling comfortably on the mattress. He read all the way through the book despite the heaviness in his eyelids, only pausing now and then to wipe the tears from Krystal's soft face and smile at her when he read a sarcastic comment from her sister.

They tell me that I can't leave, that they don't trust me not to spill the information about their hideout. There's only a few people here, but more runaways like me are coming.

What if GD and the others had stayed with them for a little bit longer? Minho wondered if they would allow them to stay here, safely and happily.

I think they've learned to trust me as much as I trust them. We go out on missions to try and gain information about what the Normals are doing, and they've let me onto a team with Yoona, Baekhyun, Kris, and Luhan. It's fun. I wish Krystal was here to have fun, too. I wonder how she's doing?

We stole some documents and data chips from a Normal who attacked us a few cities away. Thankfully, we weren't even close to Seoul. Suho has decided to keep us all in Seoul forever now, just in case. I can't search for Krystal anymore, but it doesn't matter. Tao logged into the data and scrolled through the captured "Specials" and Krystal was one of them.

I was too late for her. But at least those crazy Chois are there to keep her company. I bet they all got caught together - I knew they were too close. But I'm also glad that they are.

The others keep trying to comfort me, saying that at least she's alive. Is she? Does she feel like she's living when she's trapped? Am I living right now?

At this point, Krystal had begun to nod off, but it was getting towards the blank pages anyway.

I didn't think we would have another mission outside the Seoul borders. It's a lot farther away than our usual missions, but Suho says it's really important. The Normals have a lot of people like us in a mental ward, and I think they're trying to murder them or something.

The last entry was shaky and in different handwriting.

Jung Jessica passed away today. You will forever be remembered. That will be our last mission, and it's thanks to you. -Yoona.

Krystal blinked tiredly at the handwriting. It seemed like her tears had run out.

"Why did Yoona write that at the end? It's not like she would ever see it," Krystal muttered.

"I think she knew you would come," Minho sighed, flipping back through all the old entries he'd just read. "Just like Jessica knew."

Krystal smiled tiredly.

"Yeah. I guess so."

They fell asleep cuddled together with Minho above the blankets and Krystal under, but they were both just as warm.








Wow, I really do not like this chapter LOL
It's because I realized that since I'm going to start a Minstal fic, I would save all the moments for that story!
So yeah, I think this is the last Minstal chapter let's focus on the main couple

LUNEW BABY

I put this chapter in just to explain what happened to her sister :'( and sort of hinted on what happened to the other EXO members, too. #neverforgetKPOP2k14
So yeah, very y chapter
But to make up for it, double update! Click next for the Lunew chapter ^~^
I figured since this is really short.