Nu ABO

Special

[ Luna ]


As the name left her lips, the girl stepped forward. The male beside her, with dark bags under his eyes and a concerned glare, pushed her back. Luna's - what she thought was her - sister, murmured something inaudible to Luna's ears, and he looked up. His eyes widened considerably as he took Luna's appearance in, causing Onew to step in front of her.

"Is that your . . .?" he muttered.

"Y-yes. I think," Luna stammered hesitantly.

"They don't call me Jinyoung anymore," the girl called across the space between the two groups of Specials. She slapped away the boy's hand that held her back and confidently walked forward, stopping in the center where the two mobs would meet had they charged at each other with battle cries. Luna paused for a few moments before joining her in the middle. They held their gazes calmly, eyes running over the others' obvious similarities. The darker haired of the two swallowed. "Is it . . . are you . . . Sunyoung-ah?"

Luna scoffed. "They call me Luna now." Her sister smirked.

"They call me Hina here."

"Hina!" It was the girl who had stepped out first. Her frown was directed towards said girl, obvious distrust laced beneath those hazel irises of hers. "You don't go around giving out information to the homeless! Or even worse - runaways."

"Oh, cut it out, Taeyeon. The majority of us are both runaways and homeless," Hina scoffed. She turned back to Luna. "Sorry about them. We're not exactly used to humans, especially ones that get into our territory." Humans. It had been a while since Luna had heard that term referring to herself. "You should probably get used to them being, uh, fierce until they get used to you. It's a pretty loose way of living down here - or rather, surviving. We're only strict to the ones we can't exactly trust."

"You can trust us," Onew assured Hina, walking up calmly. The others behind him gradually shifted forward, flinching when the Specials on Hina's side shifted menacingly. Onew eyed them warily. "How many of you are there? And, uh, how many of you are sane?"

"We're all relatively sane," the one Luna remembered as Taeyeon sniffed defensively. She stalked forward, putting her hands on her hips and tilting her head to the side. Soon, all the Specials were standing along the invisible center line, some nervous and others ready to fight. "We have twenty-four. Twenty-five including Hina. You?"

"T-twelve," Victoria responded almost dejectedly. "We used to be nineteen."

Taeyeon's expression visibly softened. "Did they . . . did they not make it?"

"No," T.O.P. spoke up gruffly. "We had to part ways if we didn't want to be captured. Again." Taeyeon sighed.

"I'm Taeyeon. And this is Suho." A male who had been standing to the side straightened, looking them up and down. He nodded once, curtly. "You could call us the unspoken leaders, besides Hina, but she's . . . different." The twenty-four on their side glanced around uncertainly. Luna's eyes narrowed; they were hiding something. She glanced at Hina for answers, but her breath got caught as she noticed the energy moving around her sister.

It was different from the Specials surrounding them, definitely, but not in the way that Luna was different.

"You're . . . human?" Luna whispered. Hina looked at her sharply. "Well - not - not like we aren't - but - you're . . . normal?"

"I don't have powers," Hina corrected her shortly. Her stare was slightly irritated. "It doesn't make me any more human than the rest of you, any less special, and damn it, don't use that ty 'normal' term when you're talking about me."

Onew leaned down with a small curve of his lips, breath ghosting across Luna's ears. "Your sister's got spirit. Like you." He returned to his original position and raised his eyebrows at Luna. She snorted, rolling her eyes away from him and back to her sister, who was suspiciously squinting her eyes back and forth between the two.

"Even she can sense it," Jonghyun mumbled from somewhere behind them. Luna chose to ignore the comment. Her sister grabbed her wrist suddenly, features tense as twitched.

"We . . . really need to talk."

 

 

"Mom had been contacting me periodically, not as often as I would have liked," Hina exhaled. The two were sitting in a small house to the left of the civilization that the Specials had built underneath the ground. It was amazing how well they had managed despite being on their own. "My experiences as a child were probably much different from yours." She laughed humorlessly. "But because of our parents, we both had to struggle through a life being shunned."

Luna didn't look up from her lap, picking at imaginary dust on her lap with a bitter taste on her tongue. She was sort of jealous of Hina anyways, being able to contact their mother and being human and safe, and in a way, not trapped.

"When you were taken away, I'm sure you didn't remember me. We were both young; I didn't even remember you. Mom had to remind me constantly that their was still a chance, some sort of hope out there, my twin sister." Hina fell silent. "We had a brother. We had a brother." She closed her eyes. "He didn't survive when the Normals came for our parents. I know that now. I also know that while I was being taken away in a separate car, you were, too. But what they didn't expect was for me to not be a - as they put it - mutant.

They considered using me as some sort of threat, but they already had our parents. They released me to die in Seoul when I was about eight. They had tried every possible test, hoping for something in my blood to trigger, but I'm all human. That was when Chanyeol found me - the tall guy, who was talking with Taeyeon first before. The Specials brought me in when they realized I wasn't a bad human, and after my story, I guess they pitied me. The group was still small then, and it grew as we found more abandoned Specials."

"Did she tell you our plan?" Luna wondered.

"She?"

"I'm . . . still not used to calling her Mom." Luna quickly avoided the topic. "Did she tell you our plans about America?" Hina froze.

"Mom stopped contacting me a couple months ago. The last time I saw her, she seemed tired, and she told me she was waiting for you. I guess the Normals are restricting her and she was saving up enough energy to see you, too." Luna's twin narrowed her eyes. "But America? Are you crazy?"

"A little bit," Luna admitted. She tried to tell Hina the plans as briefly as possible.

"Yeah, you're definitely psycho," her sister noted after Luna had finished. Her lips quirked up slightly. "I like it."

 

 

"We already told them everything," Onew informed Luna as soon as she walked into the circle of people. They were settled around a bonfire, which would have probably not made sense since they were underground had Luna not paid attention to the boy - Chanyeol - staring intently at the flames, eyes flickering a brilliant scarlet when the flames rose. Minho was settled contentedly beside him, and both seemed grateful for the fellow-fire-manipulator company.

Onew's arm wrapped naturally around Luna as they settled on one of the logs, and she tried to ignore the warmth of his touch that somehow contrasted with that of the actual bonfire.

"W-What are you doing?" she stuttered.

"I think they call it cuddling," Onew hummed.

Before Luna could say anything, someone poked her rib, causing her to jolt slightly. She turned to her left, and it felt natural despite the arm hugging into her side. She was met with another fair-skinned beauty, this time with a lilac-haired bob. She tilted her head, cheeks puffing out as she pressed her lips together.

"So you're Hina's twin that she's been going on about since she's been having those dreams?" Luna nodded, as did the girl. "That's cool. I'm Sunny. Is that your boyfriend?"

Luna choked on air, uncomfortably trying to shift out of Onew's embrace. He tightened his hold on her and leaned forward to grin at Sunny. This way, he was pressed nicely against Luna's back and resting his chin on her shoulder. Then he winked at Sunny and returned to his spot beside Luna, who was red in the face. Sunny nodded slowly, smirking, before turning away, and Luna had no idea what the hell that meant.

She turned back to Onew slowly, looking up at him, and he smiled back warmly.

"How was the sister talk?"

Luna paused before speaking what had been on her mind since they left the house. "I had a brother. But he's not . . . alive anymore. I'm worried."

Onew's eyebrows twitched together, drawn up in worry, but Luna shook her head. She knew he thought that she was mourning but-

"I didn't really know him enough to be devastated. I'm sad, yes, but I'm also thinking about his death . . . he died because of our parents. The Normals that came for my parents. What if I'm the reason Hina or you or everyone else gets hurt?" Luna clutched onto Onew's sleeve, as if searching for a solid hold to anchor her to a nice reality. "The siblings I never remembered having, I still feel pain for them, alive or not. And I'm scared of having to experience that pain with you guys, too."

Luna closed her eyes as Onew pulled her in tightly, holding her to his chest and patting her back in a soothing rhythm.

"I know that if I get hurt because of you, I will be hurt for you. And I won't regret it," he added after a while. Luna flinched at the thought of it, but she relaxed nonetheless. Eyes still shut, listening to the crackling of the bonfire, and sinking into Onew's warmth, at one point she drifted off.

 

[ Onew ]


Onew shook Luna awake (reluctantly) when the man named Suho cleared his throat. Chanyeol waved his hand across the air, and the bonfire was extinguished. There was obviously going to be an important announcement.

"Hm?" Luna sniffled, rubbing her nose as she squeezed her eyes shut tightly. Onew smiled softly, but he let his expression flattem as Suho began speaking.

"I'm sure we all know about what these, ah, newcomers are brewing." Suho flung his hands in the air, pretending to wave magic around. "America. Awesome. The States, yeah." He sounded like he was announcing a rock band before their epic performance, but he was very sarcastic about it.

"So you're basically sending us out on a suicide mission," the one who had introduced himself to Onew as Sehun snorted.

Luna tilted her head up, blinking several times at the high dirt ceiling.

"Not a suicide mission, no," Hina chuckled. She stood up and met Luna's eyes from across the empty bonfire pit, exhaling shakily. "And we're not forcing you to be sent out. They'll be staying here a couple days, getting what they need and figuring out how they're going to even get to America. We're going to devise a well-thought-out plan, because apparently, all they came up with was 'whoo! America! Let's slay us some Normals and get the Specials free!'"

"Not true," Taemin protested, raising his beer in the air. The boy beside him he had befriended, Kai, nudged him with an amused chuckle. "We also figured that we should devise a well-thought-out plan before we dive into this."

"He's drunk," Onew grunted, ignoring the younger boy. "Who was the wise one who gave him the drink anyway?"

Kai seemed to be intently focused at the cup in his hand.

"I'm not going to make all twenty-four of you risk the safety of living in here. Our own safe haven," Hina assured them, staring at the ground. "Believe me, I wish I could stay here, but I'm going. I want to see my parents again. And I think we all have the same motive. Instead of being safe down here, I want all of us to be safe above the ground, too. I want Specials to be able to roam free with humans . . . like me."

The circle was eerily silent.

The Specials got up unsteadily, retreating to their separate homes, and the Specials that had come with Onew going to the houses they were offered to stay at. The only ones left at the bonfire were Hina, Luna, Onew, Taeyeon, and Suho.

"There's a cruise ship that travels from the edge of Korea not too far from Seoul. A small number of us can easily sneak on board. I work a little bit of my water manipulation with Hyoyeon and that tall Choi girl - the one with the flaming boy brother - and we can speed it up so that we get there faster," Suho reasoned.

"If I can't get a connection with my mother from there, we head to the Mutant Facility of America. They had one in Korea, so they should have one over there," Luna continued.

"And seeing how America is number one in trade and business for Specials, the MFA should be huge - and connected to the main government." Taeyeon looked between the three of them, wiggling her eyebrows. "The big bosses."

"Where we'll most likely find Luna's parents and somehow put an end to this whole Specials versus humans war," Onew finished. "And by somehow, I mean we have to either persuade or kill. And I have a feeling it will end up with killing."

Hina suddenly scoffed, covering with her hand as she looked down at the ground.

"Wait, wait, wait - persuade?" Onew and Luna looked at her in confusion, and Hina let her hand drop to her side with a shake of her head. "There is no way we will be able to get by with just persuading."

"That's what I just said," Onew muttered.

"You don't understand! How long have you guys been stuck in that prison? The U.S. government has been producing robots and hybrids using our powers. If you haven't noticed, they've sent a few across the world to show just what they can do." Hina crossed her arms and grinned humorlessly, shaking her head. "For sure, there's going to be killing." She glanced at Luna and sighed. "It was nice seeing you . . ." Then she, Taeyeon, and Suho left.

Luna stared after her sister in horror.

"Killing? What's the point of killing when we're trying to tell the humans that we're peaceful?" Luna demanded, turning on Onew angrily. He exhaled heavily, putting his hands on either side of Luna's face and making sure she was staring directly into his eyes.

"We can't help that, Luna." He continued before she could say anything as she opened . "You trust me, right?" Luna let her lips shut together tightly, frozen as Onew searched her eyes. Slowly, she nodded. "Good. So trust me when I say that we'll find a way. I don't know what we'll find a way for, but no matter what, it's a way to good. Okay?" She nodded again. "And trust me when I do this, too, alright?"

"Do what?" Luna said just before Onew leaned forward, that smile of his still in place, and pressed his lips against hers.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE


Fun fact: I chose the name Hina because it means sun in Japanese

And you know

Luna means moon

Research of an author~!

sweg

Ah, I notice less people interested in my story, buuuut

It's probably my fault for not updating quickly or keeping the story interesting OTL

to those of you still reading-

PLEASE GIVE ME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

I WILL TRY TO IMPROVE MY WRITING

pouts

But I honestly still love this story very much <3

I'm very proud of it and will continue it, both for myself and those still interested in it

My New Year's goal is to actually finish this and start up another fic

It will probably be Minstal? Still working it out ^_^

high five minstal

Story time:

It's not really a story, but I just started watching Supernatural

(The American series yes, gasp dramatically)

I am the type that can watch American TV shows one hour and K-drama episodes the next

NO SHAME BECAUSE BOTH SUPERNATURAL AND HIGH SCHOOL LOVE ON ARE AMAZING

Just giving a shout out to those two amazing series.

ALSO I JUST GOT A NEW LAPTOP THERE IS NO LAG YES

swegsupernatural sweg

Thanks for reading!

I FINALLY made Luna and Onew move on with their relationship b/c I feel like some of you want a faster paced fic? LMK!

Again, I can't keep all the members if I want to be able to keep track of all the characters

So let me know which SNSD and EXO members you prefer to follow them in the story :) I'll try my best~

Next up will be a Minstal chapter I think. Just because hehe I want to leave the cliffhanger of the kissy-kissy