All Night

Special

[ Luna ]


It had been a couple hours since the group of nineteen had started their walk, the moon glowing pleasantly in the sky. They had run into other Specials who had escaped from the prison, but none of them had been too keen on joining the large herd of people.

"You guys are way too loud," one Special who Luna recognized as a boy named L had retorted. Then he seemingly faded into the darkness, an arrogant smirk curving his lips. Amber growled and shook her fist in his direction.

"Well, we don't need you and your useless invisibility anyways, you son of a-!"

Victoria clamped her hand over Amber's mouth, irises flooding with an angry shade of emerald green.

Luna sensed the air around her shake, and she sighed as she looked in the distance.

"Too late. There's a bunch of Normals heading our way right now." She narrowed her eyes. "About six of them." Everyone quickly ducked behind the trees or ducked beneath bushes, scattering around a small, open patch of dirt.

"Again?" Taeyang whined. "I'm still sore from the last fight."

"I can take them," Taemin offered smugly. He stood up from where he crouched, cracking his knuckles eagerly. Luna noticed Jinki reach out his hand to pull the younger boy back, but he withdrew it with a sigh.

"Amber, be prepared to use your healing powers," Jinki groaned, rubbing his temples. Amber frowned.

"You want me to heal the Normals . . .?"

"No. Knowing Taemin, he's going to injure himself in the process. The boy gets too excited sometimes." Onew bit his lip when Taemin threw his hands up in the air. A strong gust of wind picked up the leaves scattered on the ground. It spread them out and created a sound of crunching dry leaves and snapping branches. Luna's hood fell off her head, and the air toyed with the bangs resting on her forehead. She could feel the energy of the Normals picking up, and she knew they were running towards their area. When the officers arrived, they skidded to a stop in front of Taemin. The boy grinned, waving his hand.

"Hi." Then he snapped his fingers loudly, causing the six bodies to fly into the air and halt about ten feet up. Taemin's lips puckered, and a sharp whistle came from his mouth, piercing Luna's ears. Two of the officers were thrown forward and collided with each other. Luna flinched at the sickening snap that followed, and she wondered if their skulls had cracked. They were both limp, but she could see that their energy was still flowing, albeit slowly. Taemin let the unconscious bodies fall to the ground, and he appeared delighted at how frightened the four remaining Normals seemed.

He kicked one foot playfully, as if he were kicking a soccer ball, and one of the four flew skywards, screaming. Luna watched with agape as the officer hit one of the thick branches of a tree painfully. Her head snapped back slightly before it was thrown forward again. Taemin let his foot drop to the ground, and the woman was hurtling towards the dirt in the next second. She landed next to her two fellow officers, breathing harshly and groaning in pain. Luna jumped slightly when Taemin pushed his hands forward, the final three Normals flying back and hitting the trunks of three separate trees.

She felt Onew put a reassuring hand on the middle of her spine, and when she glanced at him, he was staring at the fight seriously.

"Don't worry. Trust Taemin not to go too far," he murmured, as if he could sense her fear for their lives. Luna wasn't sure why she considered the Normals' existence, but she couldn't help it.

The wind picked up, and a miniature tornado began where Taemin stood. It gradually grew bigger, causing the leaves and dust to lift from the ground and hit Luna in the face. She shrank back as Onew turned away from the mess, shielding her with his jacket and pulling her close. Luna shivered, not from the coldness of the wind, but from the fact that the Normals' shrieks were getting more hysterical. She took comfort in the warmness radiating from Onew, appreciating the source of reassurance.

The shouting and wind died down all at once. Luna hadn't realized that she closed her eyes until she was opening them, face muscles relaxing and eyebrows unscrunching. She stared into the darkness of Onew's jacket, admiring the way he smelled like hot cocoa, until he slowly pulled away from her. Taemin stumbled towards them, a smile on his face making him seem drunk. He collapsed beside Amber, tilting his head back as she placed a hand on his forehead. Luna could see the way the waves around him were throbbing dully, which meant he was running low on energy.

"Didn't I tell you to stop wasting so much effort on easy opponents?" Key scolded, flicking the exhausted boy on the forehead. Taemin flinched, nose wrinkling before his expression smoothed out into bliss.

"But it's so fun, hyung," he laughed, and Luna thought that Taemin, at that moment, was what pure satisfaction was like.

After Taemin had been recharged, the group picked themselves up off the ground and continued their walk. The forest spilled out into an open area, so that the trees were barely planted in their path, and the edge of a cliff could be seen about a hundred feet ahead. Onew pointed casually. "See those red orbs, hovering around?" Luna saw the station in the distance, elevated just above the trees. There were a couple pods floating right beside the platform, but they seemed inactive. There was no one that wanted to come here and no one that could leave.

Until now.

"Whose powers can get them down this far?" G-Dragon asked, pointing down the cliff. Luna glanced down, weighing the chances of surviving if she jumped down and hurriedly resisted gravity to cushion her fall. She'd never tried that before. Krystal, Onew, Taemin, CL, Bom, TOP, and Seungri raised their hands.

"I can take a lot of people down, if they're not afraid to sit on a moving tree branch," Onew offered. Everyone hurriedly chose a group to be transported with. Onew automatically took Luna's hand, and as if he suddenly considered that she might not want to go with him, looked at her curiously. Luna cleared and glanced away, which he must have taken as an agreement since he beamed at her. Luna hesitated when something poked at her ankles, and she glanced down to see a branch protruding from the mass of trees down below.

With Onew encouraging her, she took a step, walking shakily down the branch before Onew told her to stop. Luna bent down slowly and took a seat, watching as Taeyang, Sulli, and Dara followed behind her. Luna felt a rush of exhilaration as the branch moved, retreating down towards the lower level of forest before very carefully growing downwards. She glanced at Onew, who seemed to be concentrating very seriously on getting everyone down safe. His fists were clenched, and they twitched a bit when Taeyang nearly fell off, but Onew managed to tilt the extra branches slightly to catch him. When Luna was the last to step off the branch, he visibly relaxed. She found it adorable.

CL appeared in a flash of maroon and purple, and Luna stared in fascination at the fading energy right where CL had materialized. Seungri's portal followed, Daesung, Victoria, Minho, and Krystal stepping out of it immediately. Minzy, Jonghyun, Key, and Amber came down with Bom in a large bubble force field. Then Taemin flew down, shoulders shaking with laughter.

"What happened? And where's TOP?" Bom demanded.

"And G-Dragon," Dara piped up. Still snickering, Taemin pointed upwards. TOP and GD were falling down the cliff - in slow motion. "Oh, crud. I was wondering how TOP was going to get down using time manipulation!"

"Go ahead and fall, guys!" Bom shouted. "I'll catch you with a shield or something!"

"No, no, no, don't!" Jonghyun interrupted, guffawing along with Taemin. The two leaned onto each other for support, quivering uncontrollably. "Just - just leave them be for a bit," he gasped. "This is hilarious."

 

 

TOP and GD were still bitter about it as they climbed up the pod station to get to the platform.

"I swear, you two will regret it," GD hissed, crossing his arms. "You just wasted at least two minutes of our time watching us fall down the cliff. We could've been in the pods by now, jerks."

"But you should've seen your cheeks!" Jonghyun cackled, puffing his own cheeks up to demonstrate.

"And your eyes!" Taemin giggled, pointing to TOP. "They were huge!"

He was met with two twin scowls, so he quieted down. Luna shook her head smilingly as she pulled herself up onto the platform, landing with a soft grunt on her bottom. Onew came up next, grinning at her before he helped her up. He surveyed the pods critically before nodding. They were much like cable cars from the past, except there weren't any cables and the pods moved through the air freely.

"Yeah, we can fit ten in one," he confirmed. "Split up, people. Nine in one, ten in the other. We don't want to travel with too many pods; it'll attract more attention.

"Cool!" Minzy cheered. By the time Luna blinked, a crowd of people had already occupied one pod. "Oops, we have room for one more, Onew! We'll be taking Luna, okay?" Before Onew could protest, Minzy had pulled the dark-haired girl in with a knowing twinkle in her eye. The pod door slid shut. Luna gripped the wall and slid down warily. She'd never been in one of these before; she hadn't really gotten a chance . . .

"Are you scared?" Daesung asked. "You're not afraid of heights, are you?"

"Maybe I shouldn't have taken you away from Onew," Minzy said with a frown. "I was going to interrogate you about your relationship." The others cooed knowingly. Luna didn't even have time to blush over that. Her eyes narrowed as she glanced out the window.

"I don't have a good feeling about this," Luna mumbled. That was right before a sudden crash sounded, and everyone in the pod was thrown to one side. Then, they were falling.

 

[ Onew ]


"They're in trouble. She's in trouble!" Onew stared in horror as the pod hurtled towards the ground, flaming, like a falling star. "Taemin, Minho, do something! Use your wind or stop the fire or anything!" Onew hit the window of their pod hysterically. What had shot the others down? Had he seen a laser? It must have been the Normals. It must have been. "Stop the pod. Now."

No one questioned it; everyone was worried for their friends. Their pod landed slowly, too slowly, and Onew shoved the door out of the way before it opened automatically. He sprinted towards the smoke, heart beating wildly. They would survive. They had to survive. She had to survive. The ground shook when the flaming pod landed, and it made Onew's heart jump. He shoved through the plants desperately, freezing when he came across the wreckage. Jonghyun climbed out, coughing, and Onew helped him out instantly. He gripped his friend's arm tightly, staring into the flames.

"Is everyone alright?" he whispered.

"I . . . don't know," Jonghyun rasped. The others from Onew's pod came rushing in. They stared at the sight before quickly helping as many people as they could out. Onew continued to assist everyone out of the burning sphere, his heart dropping lower and lower as each person came out. When the line of people stopped, his arms dropped to his sides.

"Where . . ."

"She helped us land safely," Minzy gasped, brushing her fingers over the burn on her forearm. Amber rushed around the group, tending to as many people as she could at a time. "I don't know where she is. She opened the door and was holding on and using her powers and . . . and-" Minzy broke into a coughing fit. Onew stopped Minho from bringing down the fire.

"Here first!" he ordered, pointing to the pod door.

"That thing might explode, hyung . . ."

Onew cursed. "Everyone, clear out! Amber, tend to them faster! Sulli. Minho. Put this fire out." Onew dove into the pod, warding off the smoke and glancing around the large sphere. No one. He looked under the seats, in the slots for luggage - nothing at all. He saw that the entrance had been covered with flames again and growled. He kicked the window, causing the glass to shatter, and leapt out. Minho watched him search the area with pitying eyes.

"Onew . . ."

"Didn't I tell you to put the fire out?" Onew snapped, scanning the broken pieces of metal. He pushed one sheet aside, ignoring the searing pain on his arms. Had she been cast out farther from the intensity of the crash?

"It's going to keep spreading; the pod's going to explode since I can't get the fire out in time. All of its mechanics are-"

"Then get out of the way," Onew hissed, eyeing the tall boy and his sister. The siblings glanced at each other nervously. "I have to find Luna. No one's getting left behind. Make sure the others are okay." Minho hesitated before nodding once, grabbing his sister's hand and walking back.

"Stay safe, Onew! Please," Minho shouted, sprinting towards where the others were safe. Onew shook his head, not wanting to make any promises he couldn't keep. He rummaged through the mess, his breaths becoming quick and uneven from all the smoke and fear. He glanced up, through the trees, and looked for any signs of Luna.

"LUNA!" Onew shouted. "LUNA!" Onew panted heavily, eyes darting from side to side. Then he saw the hand, lying limp on the ground. It was sticking out from behind the pod, where the flames and sheets of metal had wrapped around to hide whatever was within it. Onew raced forward and slid on his knees, staring in shock at what he was seeing. A bright blue energy pulsed around Luna's unconscious body, causing the fire to around the edges of what seemed like a force field. She was still able to do that, even without being awake . . .

Onew tried to move the wreckage out of the way, but the fire wasn't helping. He gasped, desperate, and grabbed Luna's hand. She twitched violently, head lolling to the side so that Onew could see the blood running down her face and across her pale cheek, smeared with dirt and sweat. Onew ignored the flames threatening to engulf him as he reached into the fire and pulled the rest of Luna's body out. She in her breath when she landed beside him.

"Luna, come on," he whispered. He squeezed his eyes shut, ignoring the aching and burning all over him, screaming at him to rest. "Get up, please." His eyes followed the blue lines snaking from her finger tips and up her arms. The aura shifted her body, and then reached her legs and seemingly pulled her body up. Luna moaned, and the blue lines faltered, causing her to fall forward. Onew caught her immediately, scooping her up and beginning to run.

"I can . . . sense," Luna whispered. Her voice was small, weak, but her expression was hard and focused. "Explosion."

"I know, Luna," Onew muttered, the world blurring before him. "It's okay, we're going away."

"Three," Luna murmured, almost peacefully.

Onew could see the rest of the Specials far through the trees, waiting by the pod that was still intact.

"Two," Luna continued, eyebrows twitching. Onew glanced down at her uncertainly. His vision was still criss-crossing, making him see two Lunas with blood dripping from their temple. He could hear shouting in the distance, and he thought he heard his name, even Luna's once in a while. He looked up. Why didn't they seem any closer? Was his mind playing tricks on him?

His legs felt like jello, and he wanted to collapse, but he knew that it wouldn't be far enough to avoid any more damage from the explosion.

"One," Luna sighed. Her arms that were draped over Onew's necked suddenly tightened their grip. Her eyelids flew open, her pupils shifting to an electric blue, like her hair, then completely white. Her lips parted slightly as she breathed the last word Onew heard. "Boom." The explosion shook the ground, Onew's brain, and his whole body. He lost consciousness before he even hit the ground.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE


*Feeling slightly uncomfortable because Luna looks like the usual useless female character*

But she's not

Trust me

hehehehee

Sigh, how was this chapter? Still haven't been proofreading my chapters.

Maybe when the story is completed? Hehe. Procrastinating.

 

AND GUYS I MADE AN INSTAGRAM YAY

It's literally only for following K-pop related things

But. Y'know. The username is "pannashawol" because of obvious reasons

So just comment your IG below, dear readers, because I want to be frieeeends

AWKWARD YAAAAAAH

In the totally not creepy way

Ha.

Or, you know, don't. You can simply friend me HERE on AFF!

Please don't be afraid to; I love it when you guys interact with me~

hugs and cuddles

P.S. If you noticed, I mentioned L

I've been getting into Infinite lately since I watched a BUNCH of dramas

I saw Myungsoo (L) in two dramas and then Sungyeol's and Woohyun's and Hoya's drama together and AH!

But SHINee is forever #1 for me

 

If you want, don't be afraid to upvote or leave comments, because they're cool

Just like you

onew wink yes please

UGH ANOTHER ONEW GIF TO SAY GOODBYE

I'M GETTING THE FANGIRL SYMPTOMS FROM MY OWN AUTHOR'S NOTE

Aish, and I still haven't been able to put gifs in my other chapter...

Note to self.

Goodbye, readers!