A Scandalous Rumor

Cafe Lulo

"Should I put it here?" Mrs. Jung asked. 

"Ugh, just let me do it," Krystal groaned. 

She took her boxes and put it into her room.

"Mom, just leave."

"Hey, before you unpack everything, get dressed nicely. We're meeting your cousins in an hour."

"Why are you telling me this now?" Krystal shouted.

"Watch your attitude, young lady!" Mrs. Jung reprimanded, "I've tolerated enough. Now no questions. Get ready. Now."

"So annoying!" Krystal grumbled to herself as she closed the door. 

She perused through her boxes and found a nice outfit to her to wear. She found a casual denim summer dress and quickly slipped it on. She tied her hair into a messy bun and went downstairs to slip on white flats. 

"What is this? A bush?" Mrs. Jung scolded and took out her hair tie.

"Oma!" Krystal whined. 

"Leave your hair down," Mrs. Jung ordered, "It's the only good thing that you've got. Your nice hair."

In the car, Krystal decided to enjoy the scenery of Seoul. So many tall skyscrapers and busy streets. There were people in every corner, entering and exiting all the shops. They pulled up at Cafe Lulo.

"You're kidding me!" Krystal complained, "Why here? Seriously?"

"What?" Mr. Jung laughed, enjoying the sight of his disgruntled daughter, "It's perfect."

"Since when does Uncle Go Soo have kids? Or a wife?" Krystal wailed. 

"He doesn't," Mrs. Jung rolled her eyes, "It's your other aunt and uncle."

And at that moment, Krystal's aunt and uncle with her cousins, pulled up in the parking lot right next to them. 

Krystal's cousins were Sulli and Luna. They appeared nothing alike, yet they were actually related by blood. 

"Krystal!" Sulli exclaimed and embraced her. 

"Hi..." Krystal said blandly.

"Why aren't we at some fancier venue?" Krystal asked Luna.

"What are you talking about?" she giggled.

"Huh?" Krystal was perplexed. 

"Cafe Lulo," Sulli explained, "We wanted to go here."

"Cafe Lulo is known for its handsome staff."

"You mean Kang Minhyuk?" Krystal asked.

"You're blushing!" Sulli pinched Krystal's cheeks.

"No, I'm not!" Krystal denied, "It's because you just pinched my face!" 

"Aye," Sulli didn't believe her.

 

~ Inside Cafe Lulo~ 

"Oh !" Go Soo saw his siblings, inlaws, and nieces all coming in at once. 

"What?" Donghae asked him, but when he saw the incoming guests, he could only smile at Go Soo.

"Guys!" Donghae called out, "Full course meal! Go Soo's family is here!" 

Sohee peeked out of the kitchen.

"Really?" 

"Yup," Donghae replied. 

Minhyuk came out of the bathroom.

"Huh?" 

"Go Soo's fam," Donghae patted him on the shoulder, "We gotta prepare something special."

Go Soo was pissed off. A lot. 

Just as Mrs. Jung was about to push the door open, he sprinted over and locked the door, flipping the open sign to closed.

"Yah!" Mrs. Jung yelled at him.

"Sorry!" Go Soo waved and ran away, but Minhyuk blocked him.

"I would open that," Minhyuk warned, "You see, Soo Hyun hyung is on his way as well."

"Oh dammit!" Go Soo felt like he was going to rip his hair out.

He ran over and opened the door. He saw a tall man in a suit walking towards the cafe.

 "Soo Hyun-ah!" Go Soo called.

The man waved back. 

"Come in!" 

However, Go Soo's relatives literally trampled him before he could greet Soo Hyun. 

"Eeek!" Luna shrieked as soon as she saw Minhyuk. 

"Hi ladies," Minhyuk greeted and when he saw Krystal, he walked over to her. 

"You came today?"

"Not like I wanted to," Krystal mumbled.

"Haha," Minhyuk laughed at her reaction, "Don't worry. You'll like it. We have a girl here too. Sohee-yah!" 

Sohee came out of the kitchen. 

"Oppa, what?" she asked, pressing up on his shoulders and jumping onto his back so Minhyuk piggy backed her. 

Krystal had difficulty refraining herself from frowning. She didn't like this closeness of Sohee and Minhyuk.

Minhyuk looked up at Sohee's innocent face. 

"Krystal," he pointed at Krystal ,"Go Soo's niece."

"Nice to meet you!" Sohee greeted but had to lean over Minhyuk to shake hands. 

Krystal could only concentrate at how Sohee's chest was pressed tight against Minhyuk's head. 

"Oh my god," she whispered. 

"What?" and Sohee reclined back. 

"Sohee-yah!" Donghae called. 

"Donghae oppa!" Sulli and Luna waved at him excitedly. 

Donghae had some sauce of his face and wiped it with a towel, making Sulli and Luna die. 

"Hey," he grinned at them. 

"Oh my god!" Luna whispered to Krystal, "That's Kim Soo Hyun. He's the cafe's architect."

Kim Soo Hyun was obviously not a student, but he was very handsome and tall. His clothing was not very bad either. He was in fact, very charming. However, all he did was discuss something with Uncle Go Soo and not even look in their direction. 

"He doesn't seem very approachable," Krystal disapproved. 

"Exactly," Sulli agreed, "But that's what makes even making eye contact a true gift!" 

"You girls are crazy."

Once the family was settled down, Minhyuk presented a fruit smoothie to everyone. 

"Anything else?"

"It's fine, Minhyuk-ah," Mrs. Jung smiled.

"So!" Krystal's aunt exclaimed, "How's the new home?"

"Much bigger than the old one."

"Really? How big..."

The adults had their own conversation while the cousins sat by themselves at a separate table. 

"So," Krystal asked, "What's the whole deal about this Cafe Lulo?"

"The guys," Sulli squealed, "In the summer, so many girls come to look at them."

"Creeps," Krystal commented. 

"Hey!" Luna pouted, "We're two of them!" 

"Whatever, and so?"

"So Minhyuk is the most popular, tied with Kim Soo Hyun," Sulli explained, "And then there's Donghae. There's another guy named Sehun, and he goes to our school too, but he's studying abroad in Europe right now. He wants to become a barista and he's there doing some competition."

"Wait, but there's a rumor about Minhyuk and some girl..." Luna started. 

Krystal became alarmed.

"Nah," Sulli passed the topic over, "It's nothing."

"What?" Krystal demanded, "What?"

"Oh," Luna said, "Minhyuk meets this super rich girl named Victoria every day here. He doesn't just serve her; he sits with her and carries out a full conversation with her. Because of that his popularity went down a bit."

"But," Sulli raised a finger, "He claimed he was still single."

"But nowadays," Luna shrugged, "People are starting to say weird things again."

"Like what?" Krystal was extremely curious. 

She glanced over at Minhyuk who was playing with the coins in the cash register. His face expression was childish, receiving joy with the simplest things. He seemed so perfect. Gentle, kind, and handsome. 

"Basically," Luna continued and Krystal's attention was diverted back to the original conversation.

"There's a rumor going around..."

Minhyuk started to walk over to their table, holding a few glasses of water.

Luna leaned over to whisper it to Sulli and Krystal.

"...That he slept with her."

"Here you go ladies," Minhyuk smiled at them, and startled the girls broke apart from their huddle. 

"Secrets?" Minhyuk laughed.

"Haha!" Luna exclaimed forcefully. 

Krystal was still shocked. She glanced up at Minhyuk who was casually chatting with her cousins. Did he really sleep with someone? He didn't, right? She barely knew him, but something in her heart, made her want to believe he hadn't done what Luna had just said. 

She prayed that the rumor wasn't true.