Turn of Events

Cafe Lulo

"Ill pay for the damages," Sohee stated. 

They were at the police station. 

"You should," Sung Yeol was pissed at her. 

Sung Yeol remained standing by the front desk to discuss with the officer, while Sohee walked back to the waiting area where Krystal was. 

"Did I disturb your date?" she asked, obviously knowing the answer herself. 

Krystal was in disbelief. 

"I thought you were different," she said, "I didn't know you would things like that. It's dangerous."

"And did you die?" Sohee shrugged, "No, you didn't. It all seems fine to me."

"Are you jealous?" Krystal asked boldly. 

"What?" Sohee was appalled, "No way! I'm just angry with you!"

"Me?" Krystal put her hand on her chest, "Why me?"

"Basically, I spilled out my whole history with that guy and you just nodded and listened. Next thing I know, you're dating him!" Sohee shouted, causing a few people to stare at them, "Do you know how betrayed I felt? Girlfriends can't share the same guy!" 

"Since when are we sharing him?" Krystal demanded.

Sung Yeol hurriedly walked over.

"Shut the hell up!" he said in a low voice, "You're causing attention."

"So what?" Sohee got up and slapped him across the face. 

The whole station grew silent. Sung Yeol was shocked, but a threatening expression grew on his face. 

"Talk outside."

He grabbed Sohee's arm and dragged her outside. Krystal was about to follow, when the police officer blocked her with his arm.

"Someone needs to stay behind to answer a few questions."

She sighed. She wanted to help Sung Yeol.

Sung Yeol dragged Sohee out into the parking lot. 

"Are you crazy?" he shouted.

Sohee threw his hand off of her.

"What?" she responded as if she did nothing wrong. 

"Why are you involving yourself in my life?" Sung Yeol scolded, "What am I to you? You're the one that left me, so why aren't you just leaving me alone? And who I meet is none of your concern!"

"It is when she's my friend!" Sohee refuted. 

"Well, your friend and I are doing fine!" Sung Yeol claimed pridefully. 

"Is that so?" Sohee didn't believe him, "How's it possible for you to meet someone else only about a year after we separated? I know that you had such a difficult time and you're not an emotional person! However, you were really depressed after being with me, so it doesn't make sense that you're completely over me already! And that's why I'm telling you that if you're not genuinely into Krystal, get the hell out of her life!" 

"Sohee-yah."

"I don't understand why you're doing this to her!"

"Are you sure you just don't understand why you're doing this?" Sung Yeol asked her directly. 

Sohee was speechless. There was a brief moment of silence. 

"I...I...I just want to keep from my friend from getting hurt!" Sohee cried out, "Because that's what you always do!"

"What if I told you that I never meant to hurt anyone?" Sung Yeol asked. 

"How can you be so sure that you're not going to hurt Krystal?!" Sohee demanded. 

Krystal walked out of the police station and began to move towards them. 

"I'm not talking about her!" Sung Yeol shouted back, "I'm saying that I never meant to hurt you! I was hurt that you were going to leave! I just took it the wrong way!"

Sohee realized she was crying. 

"I never meant to hurt you!" Sung Yeol yelled, his veins seeming to pop out of his neck. 

"Sohee," Sung Yeol placed his hands on her shoulders, "I never meant to hurt you. I was just so sad by the fact that you liked someone else, and I didn't want to lose you."

"Why did you humiliate me like that then?" Sohee asked in a quieter voice.

"Because...because," Sung Yeol felt desperate for words to say, "I don't know."

"Forget it," Sohee pushed his arms away, but Sung Yeol quickly held her again. 

"It was because I loved you," Sung Yeol stated courageously, "And I still do."

Sohee noticed that Krystal was walking towards them. 

"Sohee, I just wanna apolo---"

Sohee leaned upwards and kissed him, making sure that Krystal saw them. 

"Sohee..." Sung Yeol was shocked. 

And so was Krystal.