A Leisurely Chat

Cafe Lulo

It was a Sunday the next day, so the cafe was closed, meaning Krystal had the whole day to relax. What had happened with Sung Yeol? They had simply decided on certain terms of agreement with this deal and he had quietly dropped her off at her house. 

"Minhyuk's neighbor?" Sung Yeol asked, as she opened the car door. 

"Yeah," she replied, "Why?"

Sung Yeol smirked. 

"Nothing."

And without a goodbye, he had sped off. 

Krystal stared at her alarm clock .It was already 10:30. This meant her parents were out. She had the whole house to herself. She got up and reached for a single pink notebook on her desk. She had always enjoyed writing her own romance stories. She flipped through the pages to go through her previous works. 

Theo was constantly in doubt. He didn't know what to believe after Belle's great act of betrayal. He had never suspected a perfidious side to her. Theo's thoughts were distracted by the faint rhythm of the rain outside. He stared into the natural blurriness. That---a blur---was his life. There was no possible way to make out any distinction of what the future of Theo's life carried. Likewise, Theo had been so infatuated with Belle that he had forgotten his true inner self. His identity was lost. In general summation, Theo had a great epiphany: Belle and he had meant nothing. For Belle, it had been just a mere matter of time until she realized their relationship was ridiculous. As for Theo, he had hopelessly found out of Belle's nonexistent genuine feelings for him way too late. Thus, he didn't know what to do. 

Krystal laughed to herself. It had always been her dream for her writing someday to be produced into a play. Sure, writing can bring characters to life, but it wasn't the same when actual people portrayed them live. Physically seeing the emotions on faces and the interpretation of body language...it all made her writing seem so much better. She flipped towards whatever was written in her notebook recently. She frowned. It was the terms of agreement with Sung Yeol. 

 

1. No intimacy unless needed as part of show. 

2. Participant complies to secrecy NO MATTER WHAT. 

3. Although highly unlikely, if genuine feelings develop, they are to be disgarded for the sake of both parties. 

 

And that was it. Those three simple rules. 

Krystal scoffed,

"Like I would ever like that guy."

But then again, she was pretending to. And at that moment, Krystal's phone popped up with a message notification. It was Minhyuk. Krystal, by instinct, reached out her hand to get her phone, but then, she slapped her hand.

 "What are you doing?" she scolded herself, "You've got to show him you're not easy."

Krystal placed her notebook on her bed and quickly went into the kitchen to get some toast. However, as she put in bread in the toaster, five message notifications in a row sounded. 

"Endure it!" she forced herself.

She poured herself a glass of OJ. Two more rings. She just couldn't. 

Krystal ran over to her room and opened her text messages. To her dismay, the first one was from Minhyuk, but the rest had been Sung Yeol. 

She scowled,

"Ugh. What the heck."

She opened Minhyuk's first. 

M: Hey Krystal..I was just wondering..did u know sungyeol before you came to lulo?

K: umm why do u ask

M: im just curious bc u know... the rest of us @ lulo were well acquainted with him as well...at one pt

K: idk..we have a...thing... 0.o

M: A THING? even after we've told u hes a douche bag? 

K: u know what, i really dont get y ur making urself so concerned. 

M: im trying to warn u as a FRIEND.

K: well sohees my friend and i dont think she plans on pestering me about my love life 24/7!!!! >:0

M: seriously. 

K: i am being serious. 

M: I just hate my friends being hurt. 

K: sure. take care of urself better first 

M: what the hell is that supposed to mean

K: okay. I'm warning u just as a FRIEND. by the way ur acting, ur gonna end up hurting a few particular friends. 

M: what? who? 

K: u know who. so stop acting all perfect and wise and manipulating others.

M: MANIPULATING?

K: ok well not that..but u basically lead people and then leave them. 

M: What makes u say that?

 

Krystal didn't reply to him through her phone. 

"Because I feel like you did that to me," she answered to herself.