Curiosity of the Newcomer

Cafe Lulo

The next morning, the Lulo gang was gathered at the main lodge once again. Krystal saw Minhyuk and he waved. She simply ignored it. Minhyuk could tell something was wrong. 

"Uh..." Go Soo coughed to clear his throat, "Bad news and good news."

"Bad news first!" Sohee exclaimed, "So we won't end on a downer."

"Alrighty," Go Soo announced, "We have to leave."

"What?" Everyone shouted in unison. 

"Yeah...there's an incoming thunderstorm and the administration here says it's going to be way too dangerous for visitors to be outdoors."

"You're kidding me, right?" Donghae was in disbelief, "We just got here yesterday!" 

"Then complain to the admins!" Go Soo said sarcastically. 

"Good news?" Krystal asked. 

"Good news...huh, well I don't know if it's good news..." Go Soo muttered to himself. 

"Ugh, hurry up!" Krystal was getting impatient. 

"I don't know. Maybe it's because my cafe is known for teen volunteers," Go Soo said, "But we're getting another new employee."

"Whoa!" Sohee clapped, "That's so cool! Including Krystal, that means two additions to the family!" 

"Why wouldn't it be good news?" Krystal asked, sassy. 

"Well, that's because of who it is," Go Soo said uncomfortably. 

"Heh," Sohee laughed, "I mean, unless it's SungYeol, how bad could the new person be?"

"Hey," Donghae stared Sohee straight in the face, "Never mention that name."

"Oh!" Sohee covered . 

Krystal was confused. She saw that Minhyuk's expression had turned dark as well.

"Why did you hire him?" Minhyuk asked. 

"It wasn't my decision," Go Soo explained uneasily, "You see...sure, I am the owner, but the guy who actually manages the cafe is also Soo Hyun. He's not just the architect."

"What's Kim Soo Hyun have to do with that jerk?" Donghae demanded. 

"Uh...Sung Yeol is Soo Hyun's younger cousin and Soo Hyun felt that spending time working but with students his own age, would---"

"Would what?" Minhyuk interrupted, "Help him become a better person? Heh, bull."

"I'm outta here," Donghae got up and headed for the lodge exit, "I'll be at the parking lot, Sohee-yah." 

Minhyuk followed Donghae out. 

"Yah!" Go Soo chased after them. 

Krystal saw that it was just her and Sohee. She plopped next to Sohee.

"So," she asked excitedly, "Who's SungYeol?"

Sohee glared at her.

"It's not something to be happy about."

"Sorry," Krystal apologized, quite taken aback. 

It was the first time Sohee had seemed not her jubilant self. 

"If I tell you," she said, "You can't talk about it. Especially to Donghae."

"I won't," Krystal promised. 

"Okay, so SungYeol goes to our school," Sohee began, "And he used to be good friends with all of us, but he was especially close with me. We ended up going out for a short period."

"You did?" Krystal was surprised, "I thought you liked Donghae..."

"Listen," Sohee said.

"Sorry," Krystal apologized again.

"I realized that I started to like Donghae and I planned on breaking up with SungYeol, because I didn't want to lead him on. However, that news got to him before and I guess for his pride, he couldn't stand getting dumped. So, I was planning on hosting a party, and obviously SungYeol was invited. Donghae, Minhyuk; they were all there and SungYeol decides to come in drunk with two s he hooked up with at some club."

"Oh my God," Krystal gasped. 

"So yeah," Sohee sighed, "That's why none of us like him. I never wanted to embarrass him, but he humiliated me, and now just the thought of him coming...Oh my God."

"Are you okay?" Krystal asked.

"Me?" Sohee pointed to herself, "Oh yeah, I'm fine. Oh! I'm worried that Donghae oppa isn't though! I gotta go check up on him!"

Sohee bounced off the lodge couch. Oh, she was cute. 

"Lee. Sung. Yeol," Krystal said in parts, "I'm very interested what kind of person he'll turn out to be."