Unease.

FANTASTIC REALITIES a sequel to fantastic fantasies.

“How are you feeling today?”  I asked sitting down on the chair beside chaeren’s bed.

“Ok.” She said but I could tell her voice was strained. The chemo seemed to not be working well anymore.

“I brought you something.” I reached into the gift bag at my feet pulling out the little rabbit I had bought her. it was blue and bambam had ordered a little outfit for it off line. It was special made to have our group on it.

“Oppa…it’s adorable.” She cooed reaching to grab it. Her arms were thinner than they had been a week ago and the circles under her eyes were darker. It hurt me to look at chaeren like this, but I wouldn’t stop visiting her. I couldn’t even imagine how her mother must feel.

“He’ll protect you ok, I know you’re afraid of those monsters under your bed…he’s a samurai bunny.” I said grinning as I bounced him around like he was fighting making her giggle. Sadly the giggling didn’t last long as she fell into a fit of coughing. I set the bunny down and pressed the nurse call button. The nurses swooped in nudging me gently aside as they gave her some morphine.

“She’ll go under in a few minutes.” The nurse whispered to me. I nodded gesturing that I would keep her company until she fell asleep.

“Oppa, when’s noona coming?” she asked tiredly. I bit my lip not knowing what to tell her. She had fallen in love with kairen just like I had but I couldn’t let kairen see her like this, kairen would hurt so much she was to gentle to handle this.

“She’ll come soon.” was all I said. Chaeren nodded smiling as she fell asleep.  I tucked her in with the bunny in her arm before heading out to go see kairen. I needed her smile after seeing chaeren; I needed the comfort of knowing she was there for me.   

 

“Bambam-ah! We need three caramel Frappuccino’s, and three chocolate croissants.” I called placing the order on the counter as I picked up the order that was there.

“Got it.” he called as he busied himself. It had picked up in here like it usually did this time in the morning when people where rushing for breakfast before school and work, I hurried around giving people their orders and making small talk as I made sure they were happy.

“Miss…can we get this table?” I looked up to see a couple gesturing for a table that was a little messy.

“Yes right away.” I said tucking my notepad into my pocket and hurrying over. I quickly cleared the table and wiped it down so they were free to sit. “I’ll go ahead and take your order or do you need a minute?” I asked cheerfully.

After running around like that for a while it was finally time for me and bambam to get our breaks. The shop had slowed down now that the morning rush was over.

“Omo, the morning rush is no joke.” I whined sitting down at a table with my coffee and pasty.

“I know…I thought my hands where going to break with all my baristering.” He said making up a weird word for what he did. I giggled sipping my coffee.

“You’re silly bambam.” I said rolling my eyes. “How’s preparation for your last semester of high school going?” it was the first chance I had to ask him about it.

“Good, me and yugyeom applied for your school, we hope to be going there next semester.” He said proudly. “It’s just hectic making sure we pass everything you know?” I nodded understanding since I had just gone through it myself. “Oh…mark is here.” bambam said pointing. I looked over my shoulder to see mark walking in and looking around until he spotted me. he gave me a small smile before walking over.

“what’s up kiddo.” He said ruffling bambam’s hair. Bambam swatted his hand away fixing it.

“Keeping your girlfriend company…careful I’ll steal her.” he said winking before standing up. “Fifteen more minutes noona.” He said before taking his coffee and hurrying off into the back with the manager. Mark took bambam’s seat across from me crossing his arms on the table. He just sat there looking at me.

“Wae?” I asked curiously. He smirked shaking his head.

“Nothing, I just like watching you.” he said bluntly making me blush. I sipped my coffee as he reached over and picked at my pasty.

“Gwenchana? You look a little pale.” I said worried. He did look a little sick.

“I’m fine…” he said pushing away my pasty. “Your times up…I just came to see you a moment.” He said standing up. “And you’ve got a customer.” He said gesturing with his head. I looked over to see T.K was at the counter looking through the pastries. He had left after his coffee and pastry earlier this morning I guess he wanted another for lunch.

“Ok, are you still coming to pick me up from work?” I asked curiously. He bit his lip looking down meekly. I knew what that meant. He had changed plans already.

“Mian…I’ve got something important to take care of.” He said taking my shoulders in his hands. “Stay at my house tonight, I’ll be home early and I’ll bring supper.” He said pressing a kiss to my lips. “Promise.” He said and waved goodbye. I hurried over to the counter when mark was gone.

“You’re back so soon?” I said laughing. T.K nodded giving me a gorgeous grin.

“Nae…I have work near here.” he said shrugging. “The coffee at work is disgusting.” I laughed understanding.

“What can I get for you?” I took T.K’s order and he wandered back to the table he had been at earlier that morning.

“So is that your boyfriend?” he asked curiously as I sat down his order.

“Hmmm…oh mark?” I look at the door like he would be there. “Nae…we’ve been dating a while.” I said shrugging. T.K was silent and I looked to see him sipping his coffee.

“He seemed to have upset you just now.” he said setting his coffee down. I looked at him furrowing my brow. “Mian…I didn’t mean to be nosy…I just…sorry.” He said scratching the back of his neck embarrassed.

“It’s ok.” I said giving a light laugh. “Mark is a little scattered brained he upsets me often.” I said making a joke out of it. T.K just looked at me flatly making me a little uncomfortable with his possessive stare. I had to be imagining it, I just met the guy. Soon he grinned up at me all unease erasing from his face, I was imagining it definitely.

“Bye I’ll see you tomorrow!” I called as I slipped into my jacket. Bambam still had another two hours of his shift so I was leaving alone.  It was still only 3pm too early to go sit at marks house alone all day, but too late to drive home then all the way back out again. I pulled out my phone and pressed speed dial 1.

“Yoboseyo?” he said his smooth voice like music to my ears. he never ignored my calls.

“Daehyun-ah!” I cheered happily. “Come, let’s hang out. I just got off work and I’m bored.”