Ferris Wheel

FANTASTIC REALITIES a sequel to fantastic fantasies.

I sat across from daehyun slurping noodles up cheerfully. I reached out scooping up some meet and popping It into my mouth along with a mouth full of broth.

“MMMM, you are the best at grilling meat!” I said adoringly. Daehyun chuckled as he flipped over some more meat on the table grill.

“Thanks eat up.” he said picking a piece up and putting it on some lettuce. He folded it elegantly with his long fingers and held it out to me. Grinning I opened my mouth and let him feed it to me.

“Mashta, aren’t you going to eat?” I asked curiously when he just sat there watching me and grilling meat.

“Anni, I ate a little bit ago, I’m not hungry.” He said shrugging. I looked at him horrified.

“Then why did you offer to buy me lunch!” I whined. I wouldn’t have agreed had I known he’d already eaten.

“Because I know you don’t like to eat alone.” He said kindly. “Besides, I like watching you eat you’re so flamboyant about it.” he said grinning. “Now eat.” He reached out grabbing a piece of meat with his chopsticks and shoved it into my mouth shutting me up. I stared at him a little sad as I chewed it but soon gave into my hunger and continued eating like I had before.

“Ahhhhhh, I’m so full.” I cooed rubbing my stomach. “Komawo daehyun-ah.” I said reaching out and pinching his cheek. He laughed smacking my hand down.

“Don’t do that.” He said coolly. I giggled at his coolness. “I’ll go pay, finish your coffee.” He said pushing my cup a little closer to me. I nodded picking it up as he wandered over to the cashier to pay.

“All ready?” I asked when he came back. He picked up my cup to see I finished it all before nodding.

“Nae, let’s go.” I wrapped my arm with his as we walked down the street together. “It’s still early, do you want to go down to the Ferris wheel for a while?” he asked looking down at me. My face lit up with excitement.

“Chincha? Are you paying?” I asked playfully making him laugh.

“Nae, I’ll pay…how can you be so cheap when you work all the time.” he said shaking his head. I shrugged.

“Because, I’m saving up to live closer.” I said matter of fact like.

“I know, that’s why I indulge you. You should be happy I want you to live closer.” I smiled resting my head on his arm as we walked. I watched as girls eyed daehyun enviously as we walked. I felt a little bad for him because he wouldn’t get approached if they thought we were together, what if the love of his life was out here.

“Daehyun-ah…maybe when we are in public we shouldn’t walk together like this, girls aren’t going to approach you…what if you miss the girl that could be the one because of me.” I said trying to distance myself.

“Anni.” He said sternly pulling me close again. “That’s exactly what I’m trying to do, I hate when girls walk up to me in public like that when they don’t even know me…I find it weird and bothersome.” I sighed rolling my eyes but was secretly glad he thought like that. I couldn’t imagine how weird I would feel if he found the girl of his dreams…I know a little selfish of me but I couldn’t help it, I had become so reliant on daehyun lately.

“Oh! Jackson is working!” I cooed pointing my finger across the way at a little game stall. It was one you had to shoot a water gun into a clowns mouth to when a stuffed animal. “Let’s go visit.” I said and hurried over. It had been a while since I’d seen the guy’s last, everyone was so busy getting ready for school to start.

“OH kairen!” Jackson called when he saw me running up. He hurriedly came around the stand giving me a tight hug making his fan girls awe sadly. “Ksst!” he said looking back at them. “This is my best friends girlfriend you be nice.” He said pointing to them. As soon as they heard I wasn’t Jackson’s girlfriend that automatically cheered up and welcomed me to the stall. I giggled giving them small waves. “Are you here with mark?” he asked looking around. That’s when daehyun walked up. Jackson looked at him evenly. “Sup daehyun.” He said giving Jackson a nod. I sighed rolling my eyes. Jackson and the others had a cold disposition to daehyun ever since they found out how close we were when I and mark had been broken up that first time. They are civil at best.

“Be nice.” I said seriously. “Jackson do I get the best friend discount?” I said rubbing my hands together eagerly.

“So cheap.” He said shaking his head as he walked back around the stall.

“I’ll pay a game for you unnie!” One of the girls said coming over. she handed jackson the two dollars giggling.

“So nice, jackson, take this girl for coffee after you get off.” I said patting her shoulder appreciatively. She was a cute girl, younger than Jackson. He used to go for the older more mature females but recently this girl was just his type, adorable and innocent. Jackson winked at the girl and handed back her change along with a paper and his number. I laughed when she looked at him wide eyed and pocketed the paper before someone seen.

“OK…I’ve got this.” I said cracking my knuckles as I took the water pistol. “I’m aiming for the bunny!” I said and fired. I missed almost all the water but Jackson gave me the bunny anyway for trying. “Thanks jackson! I’ll see you later, we all need to get together soon I miss you guys.” I said giving him a hug over the counter.

“Good plan, stop by and see jb before you leave.” he said pointing towards the Ferris wheel. I nodded waving to him as I left hugging my bunny tightly.

“Can we go to the Ferris wheel now?” I asked hopefully? Daehyun shrugged.

“We can do whatever you want.” he said and let me lead the way.

“Jb~” I called in a sing song voice as we neared the Ferris wheel. Jb was a worker there, he helped operate it and worked in the Ferris wheel café.

“Oh kairen!” he called. He pats his friends shoulder and hurried over to me. “hey.” He said happily hugging me.

“Are you just getting off?” I said looking over to see another guy taking his place.

“Yea…you’re just in time.” he said grinning.

“Kairen, I’ll be heading out then. You hand out with JB.” Daehyun said placing a hand on my arm.

“OH…chincha?” I asked shocked. He nodded giving Jb a respectful bow of his head. Jb did the same. “Ok…I guess.” I said sadly. I gave him a quick hug before he hurried off.

“Does mark know you were hanging out with Daehyun?” Jb said as we sat in the Ferris wheel café. The sun was going down and the lights where coming on in the Ferris wheel giving out table a colorful glow from outside.

“Anni, is he my father or my boyfriend?” I said laughing. Jb tsked looking at me evenly.

“You’re boyfriend…” Jb said evenly. I smirked looking down.

“Maybe someone should tell him that.” I grumbled.

“Hey…is there something going on between you and mark?” jb said placing his hand on my wrist comfortingly. I sighed shrugging.

“I don’t know…I don’t think mark is happy with our relationship.” I said softly. Jb sighed shaking his head. This happened a few times between us where I started getting insecure in our relationship. It’s always just been my imagination working overtime but this time it felt different.

“It’s probably just you feeling that way again.” Jb said being gentle like always. I shook my head taking a deep breath.

“Anni, its different this time…he’s becoming distant…always changing his plans on me and never telling me why…not to mention we still haven’t-“

“Ah TMI!” Jb said cutting me off before I could continue.

“Anyway…im not imagining it this time.” I said solemnly. Jb sighed not knowing what to say as we fell into an awkward silence.

“Are you staying at his place again tonight?” I nodded.

“He said he wouldn’t be late so I should get back soon.” I said checking my watch it was almost 8pm.

“Well if you want my advice. Take tonight and talk to him. You need to get this out in the air before it builds up between you two and causes a bigger problem than it should.”