The truth comes out.

FANTASTIC REALITIES a sequel to fantastic fantasies.

“Don’t you think you’re over reacting a little but kairen?” Daehyun asked as he held out a bottle of beer. “It’s been a week.” I had been staying with daehyun because it was closer to work, and I was preparing for school.

“Anni, I’m not over reacting.” I said sipping the beer. “He’s the one who constantly wants to keep secrets from me, he’s the one never letting me live down fantastic fantasies, also he’s the on accusing me of using .” I said frustrated as I sipped more beer. “If anything I’m under reacting.” Daehyun sighed sitting on the couch across from me.

“You two are ridiculous, you know that? I can’t understand why you’re constantly fighting when you guys love each other so much…it’s a little sickening to see to tell you the truth.” I made a face at him as I unlocked my phone to read the messages.  “T.K messaging you again?” daehyun asked trying to lean over and look. I stuck my leg out stopping him from coming closer.

“Nae, what I’m single I can talk to him however I want.” I said snidely. “He’s picking me up in the morning for our first official day at school.” I sighed standing up tossing the beer into the trash bin. “So I’m going to bed.” daehyun just gave me a little wave as I disappeared down the hall. My phone buzzed again and I looked to see it was mark calling me again. I slid the deny button and climbed into bed. Mark constantly called me the past week but I wouldn’t speak to him. when he came to work, I let someone else wait on him, I avoided him at all costs because I knew if I spoke to him whether he changed and told me the secrets or not, I would go back to him. I was holding out until he said he would tell me everything otherwise nothing would change.

 

“She still not answering you?” Jackson asked sliding the bottle of soju over to me. sighing I shook my head tossing my phone down on the table.

“Anni, she’s sticking to her guns that’s for sure.” I had continued to call her and try to see her but she wouldn’t budge. “I just don’t know what she wants from me.” I knocked back the shot of soju setting the class down heavily on the table.

“Maybe she just wants you to share things with her. I mean seriously, have you even told her your injury is acting up?” I shook my head taking another shot. “Or that Chaeren was sicker?” I shook my head again. “I would break up with you too if I was her, you’re treating her like she is no better than ae sook.” I looked at him angrily.

“I’ve never treated her like ae sook!” I said furious. “She knows I would never treat her like ae sook, I love her kairen more than anything…I would kill for her…I just want to keep anything bad from her…I don’t want her to worry about anything.” I said sadly.

“I understand that…but she doesn’t.” Jackson said seriously. I couldn’t believe I was getting relationship advice from someone like jackson…that’s how badly I’ve sunken, or is it he’s just grown?  “You withholding these important things from her is just making her worry more thinking other things.”

“What if I just can’t tell her?” I said looking up at him. I knew I probably looked pathetic.

“Then you might just have to face losing her forever…she’s been hanging out with T.K and c clown a lot this week.” I looked up at him horrified.

“What…she has?” Jackson nodded. I knocked back another shot before hopping up.

“That’s it…I’m getting my kairen back.” I said sternly. “Right now…” I knew she had been staying with daehyun this week. that in itself had been killing me, but knowing she was hanging out with T.K…that was the last straw.

“Are you going there now?” jackson called shocked.

“Yea! Right now!” I called back as I left the hangout. I hopped into the first cap that came by and told them to speed the whole way there. I wanted to get there before she fell asleep. When I got there I saw the lights were on in the living room, I didn’t stop until I was banging on the door.

“Yah!” Daehyun hissed throwing the door open. he looked at me a little shocked. “Mark? What are you doing here this late?” he said exasperated.

“I want to see kairen.” I said sternly. Daehyun looked back into the house looking to me again.

“God…it took you forever man.” He said sighing as he stepped aside. “she’s been so grump this week…I love her to death but please…take her away.” he said sighing as he stepped aside letting me in. I pat him on the arm before kicking my shoes off and hurrying down the hall to the guest room.

 

I lay in bed listening to my mp3 player. I wanted to go to sleep but my mind was still whirring and it wouldn’t calm down. Suddenly the door flung open making me jump startled. Mark barged into the room shutting and locking the door behind him.

“Yah! mark what the hell!” I yelled angrily yanking my head phones out.

“Kairen, come home with me…please.” He said stepping closer to the bed.

“Anni, you need to go.” I said pointing towards the door. I felt myself crumpling just at the sad look on his face. I didn’t want him to leave but if he doesn’t…I would gain nothing from this whole breakup.

“Please…I’m begging you…please.” He moved to the side of the bed crouching down on it making the bed shift and me slide towards him. “I miss you jagiya.” He said softly grabbing my hands. oh god…no fight the urge to give in!

“Mark, nothing has changed…you still aren’t going to tell me everything…and I’m not going to be able to stop thinking the worst…I can’t do that anymore!” I said pulling my hand from him and turning away so my back faced him.

“It has changed! I swear!” he pleaded grabbing my shoulders. “I’ll tell you whatever you want. Ask me anything and I swear I’ll tell you the truth!” my breathing hitched in my throat as I looked up at him skeptically, but he looked completely honest.

 

I continued kneeling on the bed holding her shoulders hoping she would forgive me. I couldn’t leave her tonight without her not after I’ve seen her like this. She turned slowly towards me making my heart skip in my chest, was she giving in?

“Then tell me where you were that night.” she said bluntly. I knew that she would ask me that. I bit my cheek taking a deep breath, I had prepared myself on the way over here knowing I was going to tell her the answer to whatever she asked.

“I was with Chaeren at the hospital” she looked at me confused.

“Why couldn’t you tell me that?” i moved sitting down on the bed beside her.

“Chaeren isn’t doing well…the doctors aren’t sure she is going to make it.” kairen clapped her hands to in shock and horror. The look on her face was exactly why I had been hiding it from her.

“Anni…anni.” She said shaking her head sadly. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder rubbing her arm gently.

“mian…I knew you two had gotten close…I didn’t want you to have to deal with this kind of stress.” I said looking down.

“But…I could have been there all this time mark…for you and for chaeren and her mother.” She said a little hurt.

“I know…and I’m sorry.” I said looking her in the eyes.

“Was this the secret you’ve been hiding from me all this time? the missed dates? The late nights?” I nodded meekly hoping this meant she would forgive me. she sighed deeply turning to me and wrapping her arms around my neck hugging me to her. “Mian oppa, I didn’t mean to make this time harder on you.” she said softly in my ear. “I love you oppa.” I felt myself choking back tears that were building up, from relief, from worry, everything. Being here in her arms was making it hard for me to keep my emotions in check. “Oppa…” kairen pulled back looking me in the eyes, if she was shocked by the tears she didn’t show it, she just gave me a saddened look and reached up wiping away the tears with her palms before cupping the back of my head pulling me into her arms again. She held my head against her chest comfortingly as I wrapped my arms around her waist holding her tightly to me.

“I’m so sorry kairen…I promise, I won’t lie to you again.” I said my voice shaking with tears. She just pat my head gently trying to sooth me.

“It’s ok oppa…I know.” She said softly. I looked into her eyes glad to know I had her back again.

“I love you.” I said and gently brushed my lips against hers. “let’s go home.”