Hot and cold

FANTASTIC REALITIES a sequel to fantastic fantasies.

“Sweetie….wakey, wakey.” I heard my mom’s voice as she opened the door.

“Oh…mom you guys are back?” I said innocently setting down the book and pulling out my head phones. I glanced nervously at the window to see mark was gone.

“Yea, we wanted to come back for breakfast with you, did you make all that down there?” I bit my lip nervously trying to think.

“Oh…mian, I made it and set it out to eat. I came up here and totally forgot.” I said hitting my head a little. She tsked shaking her head at me as she bought it.

“Well come on down for breakfast.” She said and left. When she shut the door behind her I flopped back into bed taking a deep breath.

“Oh holy crap…” I sighed in relief as I slipped into my clothes for work. my body was sore but if was a good sore that I wouldn’t give up for anything. I looked in the mirror curious to see if I looked different, I heard that once you’ve done it everything about you changes. As I looked at myself I couldn’t really see anything different. Shrugging I hurried downstairs for breakfast.

“Morning daddy.” I said pecking him on the cheek. He looked up furrowing his brow as he gently took my chin and turned my face from side to side as he looked my face over. “What is there something on my face?” I asked confused.

“Anni, you…just seem different is all.” he said shrugging and turning back to his newspaper.  I stared at him in bewilderment…no freaking way…right?

“Sorry! I’m late!” I called as I hurried into the café. it wasn’t busy so I knew at least I wouldn’t get into trouble.

“No problem…can you actually run down to the corner store we are unfortunately out of eggs.” My manager said giving me an apologetic smile.

“Yea sure.” I said and accepted the list she handed me. I grabbed some money from the till saying hi to bambam and yugyeom quickly before I headed out again.  The corner store was virtually empty when I got there so it made it hassle free as I hurried around scooping up everything I needed. “Excuse me…can you help me?” I asked coming up to a worker who was crouched down at the bottom shelf. He didn’t respond so I tapped his shoulder to get his attention.

“Omo!” I yelped jumping up. I grinned shocked to see T.K looking at me startled. he quickly pulled the headphones from his ears so he could hear me. “Kairen, what are you doing here?” he asked recovering from his previous startle.

“Shopping, the café was out of a few things.” I said patting my buggy. “So this is where you work huh?” I said remembering he said he worked close to the café.

“Nae, I started a few weeks ago.” he said grinning. He really was cute wasn’t he, not as cute as my mark though.

“Sorry, but can you help me…I can’t reach the box of napkins on the top shelf…I need the bulk container.” I said scrunching my nose in embarrassment. He chuckled nodding.

“No problem, that’s what I’m here for.” he said giving me a thumbs up. he grabbed a step stool that had been sitting by a cart and moved quickly to the shelves stepping up.  As he stretched reaching for the box his shirt lifted slightly exposing his muscled stomach. I looked away quickly but caught a glimpse of something, a tattoo?

“Hey…is that a tattoo?” I asked as my curiosity got the better of me. he looked down at me setting the tissues into my cart.

“Hmmm oh yea.” He said grabbing the hem of his shirt and yanked it up exposing his abdomen again. over the initial shock from the first time I looked closer at the tattoo. It was about the size of a half dollar and sat right on his pelvis bone. Had this been mark, I didn’t think I would be able to handle looking at it without getting dizzy in the head, being it was just T.K I could appreciate the effect that this would have on a normal girl, he had a fit body and an attractive face, and a tattoo right here just sent that message home. that wasn’t what struck me most though.

“No way!” I said in complete shock. he looked at me confused.

“Wae?” he looked down at his tattoo then back to me confused.

“I have that same tattoo!” I said super excited. I reached up moving my hair to the side showing him that tattoo below my ear.

“No way!” he hopped off the step ladder and reached out wiping his pointer finger across the tattoo like he was seeing if it would wash away. “That’s so cool!” he said happily.

“Right!” I giggled hitting his arm lightly. “Sorry but I can’t resist, let’s take a photo…lift up your shirt.” I said moving to grab my phone. He was good sported about it and lifted his shirt showing his abdomen. I took a photo of his tattoo then of mine and used a photo app to place them side by side before uploading it to twitter. “Take a photo with me.” I moved beside him and made a cute face as he threw a V sign and snapped the picture. I took his number and set the photo of us as his caller id. I did that with everyone in my phone.

After we exchanged information I had to leave to head back to work. I don’t know why but I was really excited to have a new friend. TK seemed really cool, and to have the same tattoo as someone especially one as uncommon as ours, that’s awesome. I had the feeling we’d be good friends.  

 

“Yugyeom, you need to study harder.” I said as I looked over yugyeom practice test scores. We were sitting at a table in the café after our shift as I waited for mark to text me. we hadn’t spoken since I threw him out the window this morning and I was getting anxious but I wouldn’t message him, I was afraid to seem…clingy now that we’ve been together and I finally told him I loved him.

“But it’s so hard noona.” He whined dropping his head to the table. I sighed sliding the paper back in front of him.

“Well you aren’t going to get into college with us if you don’t try harder.” I said shaking my head. I crossed my arms over my chest and just watched him.

“I know…I’ll try harder noona.” He said folding the paper up and sticking it into his pocket. my phone buzzed and I quickly picked it up thinking it might be mark but it was TK.

Hey, my friends group is performing at a bar tonight, he asked me to bring in some people to watch. You want to go? –tk.

That sounds awesome! I’ll go for a little while, but I might have to leave early is that alright? –kairen.

Of course! Just glad you’re coming. Feel free to bring anybody I’ll meet you at the café-TK

“Hey you guy’s do you know if the guy’s work tonight?” I asked curiously.

“mmm, Jb and jackson work the Ferris wheel tonight…I think the others are free.” Bambam said sipping his coffee.

“Cool, call them and tell them to come out to the café, I’m taking you guys to a concert tonight at a bar. My friend knows the group.” I said smiling.

“Chincha! Daebak!” Yugyeom said happily.

“If you go yeommie, you have to promise me to pass your next test.” Is aid pointing at him. he grinned giving me a thumb up. Mark still hadn’t messaged me…giving in I dialed his number as I moved away from the guys for privacy.

“Kairen?” mark said answering after a few rings. Why was he whispering.

“Why are you whispering?” I asked forgetting why I originally called him for a minute.

“Uh…nothing.” He said dismissively. “Mian…is there a reason you’re calling? I’m a little busy.” He said shocking me.

“Oh…uh…anni.” I said suddenly feeling hurt. “Never mind, I’ll talk to you later.” I said changing my mind about asking him to the bar.

“Ok bye.” He said hurried and hung up. I sat with the phone to my ear not able to move. what just happened? He was so distant…and he didn’t even tell me he loved me…he never said goodbye without following with I love you.

“Noona, they are on their way.” bambam said catching my attention. I gave him a little smile as I tried to shake off the feeling of hurt from mark.