Chapter 1

My Boyfriend is an Asian-Blond Vampire (Hiatus)

 

 

I looked at the digital clock on my bedside table. It’s 4:00 in the morning, and I’m feeling dizzy. I tried to get up when a prickling feeling occurred in my head. Ugh! It hurts so much. I still managed to rest my back though and looked outside the window. The moon was big and full. I sighed, every full moon I’ll hear that cat in my sleep again. It got me thinking, what’s the connection of the cat and the moon?

 

I get out of bed when the headache finally at least lessened, and headed to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. But I made sure I check on my brother’s room. That punk seems to start going home late ever since we moved. I sneaked open through his door. I see, Joon oppa’s sleeping peacefully. I can’t help but giggle at his sleeping posture. But, what time did this oppa came home? He kept me waiting I got tired.

 

I continued my way to the kitchen, but instead of getting just water, I got myself a glass of milk and cookies. That wouldn’t be bad right early in the morning?  I remember I didn’t eat anything waiting for Joon oppa.

 

As I was having my cookies, I can’t help thinking about my nightmare. Actually, I’m getting used to it already, but I’m still scared. In fact I have phobia towards cat obviously because of that nightmare. What’s weird about it this time, is that I finally saw the cat.

~~

The cat kept meowing and my pulse is getting faster and faster. I think it’ll cramp and I’ll faint and die anytime soon. But suddenly, the meowing stopped. I slowly opened my eyes. I expected to see a monster, or a ghost or a pale man with eyes like a crow somehow. I didn’t saw any of those things. Instead I saw a girl. Not just a normal girl, but she was really pretty and cute and she has cat ears. She sat down leveling my eyes. My… her golden eyes are alluring.

 

“Annyeong” she greeted and smiled. And her voice echoed all over the place.

I wasn’t able to answer. I just stared blankly at her. Is this really a nightmare? I see an angel in front of me.

She chuckled. “Ayuu~ Jieun-ssi”

I jerked a bit, my eyes widened. Omo!? She-How did she-? She knows my name!

“I’ve been watching you for quiet long now… well let’s say, since you were born.”

W-what? I haven’t seen her before, and… what is she saying? She’s scaring me.

“I know you’re scared...” she chuckled “Don’t be, coz I won’t be watching you anymore.”

Seriously what’s with this girl? Is she my stalker?

“Coz I’ll be anywhere you will be from now on.” Gasp! She is!

“Wh-who are you?” I stuttered. She tapped my head and stood up.

“I’m your guardian… but not exactly.” I knew it!

“You can wake up now.” She turned her back at me and started walking into the darker side.

 

Omo! I forgot! This is just a dream! She’s not my stalker! This is all just imaginations! I must wake up! I started pinching myself hoping I might wake up by doing it.

 

“Don’t hurt yourself. You can’t hurt yourself. You must not hurt yourself. Not even the others, even a single mosquito.” She said stopping without looking at me.

“Why should I listen to you? You’re just a part of this dream! This nightmare! You’re just an imagination!” I shouted.

She just snorted. “Imagination?” she said. This time she looked at me.

“This is reality.”

 

I stayed there frozen when she started descending and changed into a cat. I can’t believe my eyes, this is too impossible. I have Ailurophobia (fear of cats) so it scared me more when the cat walked towards me. I started backing off, but when I caught the alluring golden eyes of the cat, it was very the same with that one of the girl, (So… it was her. It was really her) I felt like I’m weakening. All the energy’s out of me. Her stares are too powerful, I fainted.

~~

I hear giggles from a voice I very well know. What’s the fuss he’s doing again now?

“Keke~ this is daebak! Wee~~”

Flash. Flash. I heard flashing sounds.

“Omo~ this one is the best!”

 

Out of curiosity, I lazily opened my eyes. I blinked a few times to clear my vision. There I saw Joon oppa smiling brightly at the results of the pictures he’s been taking. I straightened myself, yawned and stretched.

 

“What’s that?” I croaked. I’m still sleepy.

He turned to face me and grinned.

“Why are you grinning?”

“Milk is good for you skin eh?”

“Mhm?” I actually didn’t know what he’s talking about but I nodded anyway.

“I didn’t know it’s good for you hair also.” he laughed, which really made me more confused.

“And cookie crumbles looks pretty on you Jieunie.” He added.

“Oppa, what is this weirdness?”

“Weird eh?” he tried to pocket his smiles and made eye contact with me.

“Yah~ why are you like this huh?”

“This-!” he showed me one of the pictures he’s been looking at awhile ago.

“-is weirdne-“ he didn’t have to finish his sentence. I grabbed the picture out of his hold.

 

I obliviously slept while having milk and cookies! And look at this picture! It showed me sleeping with all the milk spilled into my hair and my faced buried into a plate of cookies! I’m awake now. My eyes are as wide as ever now. He’s been taking stolen pictures of me! This Naughty oppa!

I screamed and ripped it to pieces that you’ll never ever reassemble it.

“Yeah thank God I didn’t gave you my best shot.” He said confidently.

 

Whut!? There are worse pictures than the first one!?

I was right. And yes, it really was worse than the first one. Reflexively, I grabbed it out of his hold like what I did to the first one. But I wasn’t able to snatch it from him this time.

He skipped away and ran from me, screaming like a gay. Of course I should chase him, so I did.

 

“Oppa! YA! AAAAAH!”

He laughed. “This will be a big hit to your fanboys Jieun-ah!”

“What do you mean fanboys!? I don’t have fanboys in this place!”

“I’m pretty sure you’ll eventually gain fanboys! Especially that you’ll gonna be enrolling in school now!”

 

He reached his room and slammed it shut before I could reach him. Ugh! He got away again! I pounded the door hard urging him to open it but he won’t dare.

 

“Haha! I have the Ace Jieunie, I win! I win!” he chanted from the other side of the door.

“You won’t be able to use that to blackmail me oppa! All my fanboys are all in Jangseong!” I yelled.

“I can give this to Yoseob! I have Yoseob’s number! Haha!”

“Babo! Yoseob oppa will not travel from Jangseong to Seoul just to get that picture!”

“Oh! I bet he will! Keke~”

“Oppa~ PLEASE!” I begged.

 

I can do nothing anymore. I can almost cry here right now. I know Yoseob oppa will definitely come here just to get that picture. Yes, from Jangseong to here in Seoul coz he’s my fanboy. Yes I have fanboys. I was famous in school because I don’t know. They say I’m adorable, and pretty and cute, and perfect and that I sing well and play the guitar very well. I take it as a compliment though, but I didn’t expect I’ll get fanboys. Like they really created a fanclub for me. It’s annoying for me actually. There was Jiyeon unnie anyway. She’s prettier than me and she’s more talented too! Aigoo, now I miss Jiyeon unnie.

 

It’s been a month already since we moved here in Seoul. We moved here 3 months after our parents died in a car accident. It was horrible, especially for me because it was my 15th birthday. We were supposed to be celebrating my birthday in Seoul. Umma and appa always say that on my 15th birthday, it’ll be the most special birthday I’ll ever had. Turns out it was the worst. We got into an accident and it’s only me and Joon oppa who survived.

 

I blame myself for it too. While appa was driving, a cat suddenly hopped onto our car. I have phobias for cats so I screamed frantically making appa startled and lose control of the vehicle, then BANG!

 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang waking me up from my reverie. I remember its weekend today. It must be granny ringing the bell! She’s the halmeoni next door who always give us kimchi every weekend.

 

My face brightened. I still don’t forget Joon oppa and that horrible picture though. But if I forgot something, it’s the fact that my hair is still sticky coz of the milk and there are cookie crumbles sticking all over it. In short, I look like a total mess.

 

“Omona! What happened to you my dear? She gasped the moment I opened the door and saw me.

“Oh? i… I just woke up granny hehe.” I scratched the back of my head coz it was too awkward.

“You smell awful!” she exclaimed after sniffing me. Err… the sniffing was really awkard.

“You should take a bath first and take a bath first coz I’ll be cooking breakfast for you.” She made her way into the kitchen and settled all her groceries.

“Uwaa!! You’ll be cooking for us this time?”

“Yes dear, yes.” She nodded.

“But no kimchi?” I frowned.

“No~ of course there’s always kimchi.”

“Kyaaa!!” I brightened up again. “I really love you granny!”

I was about to hug her but she stopped me.

“Take a bath first. Your smell! I can’t stand it anymore.”

I huffed and decided to take a bath then when someone came out from his cage.

“Jieun-ah who’s ther-? Omo! Granny!”

Hmp! I’m still not finished with him. I’ll take a bath first then I’ll definitely tell granny what he did. Haha!