Chapter 9

My Boyfriend is an Asian-Blond Vampire (Hiatus)

 

~Jieun’s POV~

Guess what? I’m joining the cheering squad!! I used to be the president back in my hometown so I’m trying here. That was the reason I gained fanboys. Buts so much for that… I’m dragging Jiyeon unnie too whether she likes it or not.

Next week is the screening so I got to prepare a lot.

~Next week~

Suji decided to join too which is great! It’s the three of us. We’re like the Korean version of Mean Girls. Hahaha! Yes three of us. Jiyeon Unnie halfheartedly agreed to join. Hmm.. she still agreed anyways. It’s just the same.

~~

“Suji… I don’t think I’m confident with this.” I timidly poked my head out of the fitting room.

“No unnie. It’s perfect I know it is. Right Jiyeon unnie?”

“Suit yourselves.”

“Ppali! Let us see!” Suji dragged me out revealing myself wearing a marshmallow mascot.

“Kyaa! It’s so cute! So fluffy!”

“What the hell?”

I watched Suji’s enthusiastic face then Jiyeon unnie’s disgusted face.

“Jieun-ah… what are you wearing?”

“It’s a marshmallow! Isn’t it so cute unnie?” Suji answered for me since I am too flustered to answer myself.

“And what is that?” Jiyeon pointed at the marshmallow’s head which I wasn’t able to wear since I can’t move and hold it properly.

“It’s the marshmallow’s head! Here let me help you unnie.” The younger dongsaeng placed the big marshmallow head on mine.

“Waah! It’s perfect! Marshmallow!” She started singing IU’s Marshmallow song.

“Ya! How do you expect her to dance and sing wearing that mascot?” Jiyeon unnie totally thought of it like the most stupid idea and even if they couldn’t see the look in my face, I pleaded for help beneath the thick mascot. But Suji wasn’t listening and still insisted with her excuses that she bought and prepared for the costume herself. Jiyeon unnie gave up. She didn’t really wanna engage herself into this anyway.

“You brats suit yourselves, I’m going home.” She was about to go when Suji stopped her.

“Oi! Oi! Unnie! You can’t back out. Besides, I prepared one for you too!”

She then showed two large pink cat paws—more like large gloves in a cat paw shape—and a pink mask that looks like a cat and started singing T-ara’s Bo peep.

“Bo peep bo peep bo peep oh!”

“Oh God, Lord Mercy.”

~~

It took a while until Suji finally got Jiyeon unnie to wear those paws. There was a lot of chasing which I tried to catch up but failed and fell on the ground face first. I struggled to get up but I would just end up rolling from side to side, back and forth.

~~

Screening finally came and Suji was the only one who got to wear a real cheerleading outfit while the two of use looked like we just came from the carnival and a children’s party. It was very unfair but that wasn’t the thing I was worrying. The thing is, as far as I know, it’s just Ahn Sohee, the cheering squad president who will do the screening only. But then, why is Spark here?

Deep inside the mascot, I was sweating extra grains of sweat. My nervousness got doubled even if no one can see, but the shade of redness on my cheeks got even brighter.

I mumbled to myself. “Oh my gosh this is so embarrassing.”

I looked at Spark sitting uncomfortably beside Sohee who was trying to engage a conversation which he is clearly not interested with. She’s obviously just flirting and I couldn’t help but feel a prick of jealousy when I saw that.

I looked around turning my whole body carefully to see. Every girl were looking at him, murmuring about him, and silently fangirling over him. I guess this is how RARE Dongdeok Girls School would actually see a guy that they just can’t help but spazz. Tch… how petty.

“Waah! Park Sanghyun’s here for the screening! That’s awesome! Kyaa! He’s so good looking.” A random girl beside me gossiped.

“Of course he is! He’s the famous heartthrob. Every girl wants him! I wonder why he’s here.” Another hoe batted in.

“Didn’t you know? He’s the soccer team captain. Of course he should be here.”

Soccer team captain? I didn’t know that. Jiyeon unnie didn’t tell me anything about that!

The girl continued,

“He was the one who requested to this. He wanted to choose himself so he would know if the cheering squad really has the ability to perform and not cause an accident. Last year, and accident happened during the Soccer Play Championship and he didn’t want that to happen again. He even helped the injured girl!”

“Waah… it’s so thoughtful of him. Such an Ideal guy!”

Wow… he looks blunt and cold but he is actually thoughtful. It’s so nice of him!

“Passed! Passed! Kyaa! I passed!”

Suji suddenly came crying that she passed making me struggle to keep my stance and stay still standing.

“I’m a member of the cheering squad now unnie! I passed!”

“Chukahee! Congratulations Suji-ah! I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks unnie! Good luck on yours too. You can do it! FIGHTING!”

“Neh… fighting!”

~Sanghyun’s POV~

I patiently waited after calling out the next applicant for the cheering squad of our school. I came to screen them myself with Sohee. But she doesn’t seem to be doing her work properly. She was too busy making herself beautiful, looking at her mirror every ten seconds.

Finally, after the third time of calling, the applicant came. As soon as she was standing in front, I immediately recognized who she was even if she was wearing a mask. And I can’t help but smirk, amused at view I’m seeing.

“Ya! If you want to laugh at me just laugh it out! Not that you’re just looking at me like that. It creeps me out.”

I didn’t say anything. But this sure is an interesting thing. My cousin wearing paws looking like a cat. This is a remarkable thing that just happened on earth. Whoever made this, I salute you.

“I said don’t look at me like that! You-!”

“Passed.” I cut her off.

“What the-!? Are you crazy!? Ya! PARK SANGHYUN!”

I didn’t paid attention and said it again. “Passed. Next applicant. No. 0168”

Jiyeon didn’t have any choice but to leave grumpily blabbering on having revenge on me. Well… let’s see about that. I just chuckled it off until the next applicant came in a marshmallow costume. She carefully shuffled her way to the center and then Marshmallow started playing.

“Mwoya… a mascot?” The girl beside me glanced up her mirror. “It’s stupid.”

It was stupid. She can’t even dance properly wearing that mascot so I made her stop.

“What are you thinking? Wearing that when it’s clearly a hindrance for you?”

“I-it was my… my friend who s-suggested it.”

“It’s stupid. You are stupid.”

“M-mian. Sorry.”

“And why are you apologizing? Never mind. Take your mascot off.”

“I-I can’t.” she answered a little bit choked.

“Why? Coz you’re embarrassed?”

“I-I just can’t…” she answered and moved her arms. She can’t reach her head; moreover she can’t hold it with the round fingerless arms of the mascot.

“Okay then.” I stood up and took off the mascot’s head myself to see her face red and wet with both sweat and tears.

I suddenly felt a pinch somewhere inside me. That same face of a crying girl I hated ever since. I suddenly felt guilty for being harsh a while ago. I fell silent, a little bit confused on what to do.

“You… you are Jieun right?”

She didn’t answer. She wasn’t looking at me either.

“Don’t worry… you can take your mascot off and you can do your performance again.”

She still didn’t answer. She really felt bad.

“Mianhae… I’m sorry.” I apologized.

All of a sudden, she cried even more and walked away—more like run—and tripped on his toes making her fall down. Reflexively, I came to help her.

“Are you all right?” I asked.

“Ani… I’m okay.” She answered and left.