Chapter 5

My Boyfriend is an Asian-Blond Vampire (Hiatus)

 

~Jieun’s POV~ (normal POV)

“Who’s uh…” I tried to interrupt their scolding session. “…who’s Sanghyun?”

“Oh my son saved you honey.” Kim umma qiuckly answered. Oh… wa. He probably saved us because Jiyeon unnie was there. Cousins like duh. But still, I need to say thank you to him.

“Uhmm…” I spoke again, a bit unsure if I should ask this since I’m still a stranger to them except for Jiyeon unnie. “…I’d like to uh… say thank you to him. Like… personally.” I continued.

“Oh he’s upstairs honey. Probably stargazing again with his telescope.” Then she turned to the girl Doorami. “Ya… Rami, go call your brother.”

“Nah… umma I don’t think so.” Doorami just shook her head. “I’m done with him. I’m not gonna go up there to his room and get nothing.” She dumped the cushion she was hugging to the couch as she gets up and headed to the kitchen.

Kim umma just said “Aigoo.”

“Uhh… wae?” I asked.

“Jieunie, you’ll never like a ‘mad’ Sanghyun so just don’t disturb him. Especially when he’s playing with his telescope or when he’s just in his room.” Jiyeon unnie answered for me.

“Oh…” too bad. I really wanna say thank you to him.

Just in cue, the doorbell rang. Jiyeon unnie opened it to reveal Joon oppa with Suji and granny.

“Omo! Jiyeon-ah!” Oppa snapped when he saw Jiyeon unnie. Oh right, he didn’t know yet that Jiyeon’s here. Jiyeon unnie quickly blushed when oppa hugged her. After that he’d look for me and when he saw me, he’d hug me tight like I was a comfy pillow. He said he was worried. I cried and told him I was scared. Then he’d comfort me, and hug me tight again till I wince. Granny slapped him away and scolded him again. There goes their repulsive electricity in their foreheads. Then Granny faced me and hugged me just like oppa. Aigoo, I can’t explain how thankful I am right now.

We were about to leave. I thanked Jiyeon unnie, Kim umma and Doorami unnie, and bidded goodbye. Joon oppa hugged Jiyeon unnie one last time. Still dazed that she’s here. But Suji was still looking around, particularly upstairs. She seems disturbed.

“Suji-ah.”

“Oh!” She snapped.

“Gaja. Let’s go.” I held her hand and went out with her.

~~

[Next morning]

I’m late!

I woke up with a start. Geez I can’t believe I woke up late today. Better prepare myself for school. Faster! Like a fireman!

I didn’t take a shower anymore. I just sprayed my hair to make it wet and look like I took a shower. I combed my hair as I simultaneously wear my uniform. I brush my teeth as I wear my shoes. I mouth fully chewed two slices of egg rolls for breakfast and dashed off the apartment. There was granny about to head to our apartment and give me again lunch she made for me. I quickly accepted it and thank her.

“Where’s Suji?” I asked before the elevator would open.

“She’s gone.” Granny answered.

She left me? Oh well, I left her yesterday. Maybe she’s doing this for revenge. Aigoo that brat. What if I get lost again? I can take a taxi. But then I don’t have enough money.

As if granny knows what’s on my mind, she handed me 50,000 Won. “Go take a taxi.”

I looked at the crispy 50,000 bill. Oh my… it’s not Christmas yet right?

“Wa~ Gomawo halmeoni!” I gave her a kiss on the cheek and then ‘Ding!’ the elevator opened.

~~

I was in dang hurry that I didn’t mind snatching someone’s taxi. The skinny guy looks like a senior high school student. I can’t see his face because his big jacket and hoodie was covering him all over. I’m so sorry dude but if you’re late, well I’m a lady, and ladies always go first.

Weird. Just weird. I don’t usually cram like this. It’s either I slept really late or it’s just that my nightmare turned into a beautiful fairytale I’ll never ever want to wake up from.

~~

I was there, again, in the midst of darkness. Sitting on a cold sheet of icy liquid, hugging my knees, looking at my already dry eyes at the reflection. I can’t seem to cry anymore. I’m numb. Cold numb. Immune, and cried all my tears.

“Umma,” I sniffed.

“Appa.” I cried. I thought I ran out of tears but a tear rolled on my cheek.

Always, I experience the same horrors. This is just a wide space of cold darkness.  But it scared all of my wits that I’d think I wanted to die. This darkness reminds me of all the horrors that occurred in my life. Even through the past years I was even born yet. Wars, deaths, bloods, wild animals hungry for flesh. All the weirdest and scariest things human has ever imagined. Werewolves, Vampires. Even things you might think not be scary like, Cats, bats, crows, they were all haunting me, in a reason that I don’t even know why. I feel like I was blamed for everything. Even my parent’s death. And so I stayed there crying my innocent heart out. Asking, “Wae?”

Then suddenly, someone knelt down in front of me. Where did he come from? Is he here to get me out of here? Those were the first things I thought. He held his hand, His pale and milky white skin sparkles under the sun. That’s when I realized a sun was blinding my eye.

I reached for his hand. I didn’t get any more shocked at how cold his hands felt; instead I just grabbed it and hold it tight. I looked up to see his face, but the light was blinding me. His hair was bleach white that falls neatly over his forehead. Even though it covers most of his face but the gaze of his red eyes burns me. Somehow I know who he was, what he was though I wasn’t sure. But it didn’t stop me to trust him. So I met his gaze and we were just staring at each other.

 

Little did I know, like a magical fairytale, colors grew around us. The darkness escaped as the light crowded the place. Flowers bloomed, bunnies hopped and everything was sparkling with glitters of magical dust. Sadness vanished inside my heart. He wiped—caressing— the tear on my cheek.

“Don’t cry now.” He said. “I’m here.” And he hugged me.

His hug, felt just like appa’s hug. The warmth and the chill that he gives me. I wonder if this is appa hugging me so I looked up again to see his face. He just smiled at me, I realized he wasn’t my appa. He was someone else.

His awkward crooked nose is somehow cute for me. And with him so close to me like this, I can even count his eyelashes. I noticed he has double eyelid on his left eye but not on the right eye which was very weird I ended up giggling to myself.

His cheeks were so puffy that I really wanted to squish them. I was lost for words at this figure in front of me. I was either mesmerized by his cute face or his shiny sparkly aura.

“Jieun-ah” he called and I smiled.

“Hm?”

I wonder, how did he know my name?

“Jieun-ah?” and the calling kept on going. He slowly felt like he getting farther and farther away.

~~

“JIEUN-AH!” my teacher yelled as she slammed a book on her table.

Suji nudged me on my side, “Unnie, were you paying attention? He’s been calling you like ten times already.”

My eyes were on its attempt to jump out. “Mwo?”

Rushed, I quickly stood up to answer his God knows what was that question. Jesus where did my mind went?

“Ms. Jieun, were you paying attention?

“Uhhmm… yes sir.”

“Then answer the equation.”

“Uhmm… what was the equation sir?”

Everyone laughed except for Suji and Jiyeon unnie. Of course! If they dar laugh at me they’ll taste some of my love. Aisssh! What was that equation really?

“Can’t you see it? It’s very clear ON THE BOARD Ms. Jieun.”

I stuttered, and proceeded to answer the equation. The thing I can sometimes be proud of is that I’m good at Math. Probably not the best, but I’m just good at it. I don’t have any problems with math. I just wasn’t able to pay attention this time.

Aigoo, was he the man I’m dreaming for? Will I get to meet him? I never felt so love deprived like this before. All those fanboys and sometimes suitors before, they never really made me feel loved. They were just admirers. Aigoo, since when did I became so dreamy like this?

________________________________________________________________________

i am so killing myself~!

*killed*

sorry this is a lot shorter. i failed to be at least a constant author to you guys. i already failed at updating, i now failed at writing.

yeah, but since this will be the start of cheondoongie's appearance, i'm preparing for it! i've already written parts to insert into this fic. ^^ thank for beaing patient! mwah mwah! i love you all!