Chapter 4

My Boyfriend is an Asian-Blond Vampire (Hiatus)

 

~Author’s POV~

9:30 PM in the dark and dirty and stinky streets of Seoul, two lost country girls who perfectly knew that they are not aware of the city’s roads, were finding their way, initially to an ice cream shop. But now, they hella want to go home. Unfortunately, their phones were both not available. For Christ’s sakes, in a very demanding situation, they have no means of communication.

“Ya!” Jiyeon complained. “You lived here longer than me. You should know a way out!” she furrowed.

“I didn’t even dared to go out coz I’m afraid I might get lost.” Jieun reasoned out. “Now we’re lost!” she cried.

Unnoticed, two shadows were emerging from the darker side of the street.

~~

~Suzy’s POV~

Where is Jieun unnie? How was she able to ditch me? huhu~ now granny’s the MOSTER-INATOR again. Why was I the one in-charge of her? This work is laborious! Her brother should at least take care of her. Oh right~ maybe she’s just with her brother.

I looked for my phone in my bag, and when I found it, I quickly typed in Joon’s number.

“What are you doing?” Granny confronted while I was typing. “Don’t sit there and go look for her!”

“I am! I am! Please! Chill! I’m just calling her brother.”

“Jesus! For Christ’s sake! What if we’ll lose her forever? The world will be facing its end! Why can’t you do your job properly?” and blah~ blah~ blah. You’re overreacting granny. She met a friend in school. Maybe she’s just hanging out somewhere with that friend.

“Yobosaeyo?” Joon finally answered on the other line.

“Oppa, where are you?” I asked.

“Working out. Wae?” Ok? I guess unnie’s not with him.

“Ya… you should’ve at least fetched your sister at school.” I said. I heard him grunt heavily. I guess he’s lifting a heavy barbell this time.

“Yes I am. What time is it?” ok? How is he going to fetch a student at 9:30 in the evening? Annoyingly, I told him what time is it.

“Oh really!?” he snapped. “I didn’t realize the time keke. Well she’s home now neh?”

I don’t know what’s wrong with this guy. He looks very manly but he’s a total idiot. Deep inside, I can feel my blood boiling in frustration. I wanna crush my phone thinking that it may have an effect on him. But of course I will never do that. Instead, I still found calmness in my muscles and just facepalmed, shaking my head.

“She’s home neh?” he asked once again when my answer took quite long.

“…she’s missing.” I finally answered. After that instant, I heard a loud thud and a clang like the sounds of heavy metals falling on the floor.

~~

~30 minutes later~

We’ve been looking for her for half an hour already, and I bet it’ll take much longer. Maybe we should part ways to make it easier. I asked Joon oppa to drop me near the lamp post in the corner of the street. When he was far enough, I started my ritual. I know it’ll be easier looking for her if I do that. After that, I instantly smelled unnie’s aroma. I know she’s just around here.

Wandering around the place, I heard a faint voice shouting, “~! ! Someone’s me!”

I can’t actually infer what that person is trying to do. If she’s being , then she wouldn’t be able to yell something like that. But I was still curious, and maybe she was being really. And maybe that was Jieun unnie! Attentively, I slowly turned left, which I think is where the voice came from. I stopped in my tracks when I smelled another strong scent. The aura was strong, even much stronger than mine. In a far dark corner, I saw a petite slim boy who looks like a senior student in High school judging by his uniform. His hair was blond and his right foot swings straight into a bald guy’s face who was about to reach a hand and get a hold of the unconscious girl on the ground.

“Jieun unnie!”

He picked the girl up carefully not to make any more injuries or whatnot. Before heading this way where I am hiding, he looked back at another girl with her back on the wall.

“Park Jiyeon.”

There was another guy beneath her unconscious. She was gasping for air trying to comprehend what actually happened here.

“Let’s go home.” The blond guy stated. Oh my Gosh. Park Jiyeon and this guy live in the same house? Are they gonna take Jieun unnie over there place? But she looked hesitant. I guess she doesn’t know this guy.

I was taken off-guard when the blond guy actually looked straight at me with red eyes. He actually knows I am here.

A crow landed on top of the nearest lamp post beside me. I looked at it and it was looking at me also. We should’ve been more careful. Their destinies finally crossed. The thing we are most definitely avoiding.

We’re dead.

~~

~Jiyeon’s POV~

I was worriedly watching Jieun’s pale sleeping face on the couch. But it’s starting to gain colors now. Kim umma gave her first aids with the help of Doorami unnie. What should I do? When is she waking up? Ghaaad! I shouldn’t have been very reluctant. But I think those guys aren’t actually harmful (I guess). Just THANK GOD Park Sanghyun oppa came to the rescue. He miraculously came out of nowhere~!

~FLASHBACK~

We were in the midst of arguing and blaming each other when two men appeared suddenly from somewhere. The first guy was wearing a beanie while the other guy has a bald head. Maybe they can help us! Or maybe not. They weren’t walking properly. They look like drunken wasted maniacs. Oh wow! I’m a genius. They really are drunken wasted maniacs. They started approaching us. I can’t even understand what they were saying. They look like they’re running out of breath. Jieun started hiding behind my back. I tried to pull her out but she wouldn’t budge. I can feel her legs shaking and her cold hands around my waist.

I tried to be brave. Tsch, yeah I just tried. I bit my lower lip and raised my right brow and made my tongue move around to look like I was chewing jawbreakers. I rubbed my palms coolly and threw away Jieun’s hands around me like a belt. And I think she just hugged the lamp post instead. I took a step forward and when I saw them back out, I scoffed and took another. I thought it was already under control when I spit on their faces.

They started attacking me. I closed my eyes and thought of nothing but my father torturing and molesting me.

Heavy arms landed on my shoulders making me shout reflexively, “~! ! Someone’s me!”

The guy with the beanie turned me around and started pushing me against a wall. I saw the bald guy targeting on Jieunie who was already unconscious on the ground. I didn’t thought of anything but to get away and save Jieun when the guy with the beanie weakly whispered “Help.” to me. Shouldn’t I be the one saying that?

I don’t what what’s happening but he just dropped dead on the ground. I was terrified out of my wits when I saw a wound on his neck. The wound was unusual. It looked like a vampire bit it. I just stared frozen at the guy, breathing heavily. “Is he dead? Is he dead? Why is he dead? I did nothing. I did nothing.” Were the words running in my mind. I swear I didn’t do anything.

Remembering about the bald guy, I looked up to see a blond teenager, still wearing his school uniform about to kick the face of the bald guy.

“NO!” I quickly stopped him. He looked up at me. I recognized him. Where did he come from? Why is he still not home? Is this the reason why he always gets home late?

“Oppa…” I breathed, and shook my head. He slowly placed his foot down on the ground. The bald guy looked terrified at Sanghyun oppa’s action that he crawled away from him, crying. He even tried getting Jieun also but oppa, finally kicked him making him lie unconscious on the ground.

“Let’s go home.” He ordered picking up Jieunie bridal style. I wasn’t able to protest or to ask questions coz I was anxious and confused at the same time scared. But I was hesitant. Are we on the “Wanted” lists of the police now for leaving those guys wounded and… dead? The bald guy was still struggling. I wanted to help him. Take him to the hospital and save him.

“Ppali!” But he was very urgent. I am only seeing his back now but I can imagine his face darkening from impatience as he repeated, “Ppali!”. On the far corner there was a cat which answered to my question why he suddenly fell dark. He believes that cats are bad lucks. Unsure of myself also, I decided to just follow him and go home where we are safe.

~FLASHFORWARD~

I heard Jieun groaned as she pushed herself up to make herself on a sitting position on the couch.  She’s finally awake!  Thank God.

“Where am I?” were the first words she uttered. Her voice croaked.

“You’re in my house honey. You’re safe.” My aunt quickly answered her question and handed her a glass of water. Squinting her eyes, still adjusting to the light that the fluorescent lamp is casting, Jieun accepted the glass of water and took a sip from it.

“I am Jiyeon’s aunt, Kim Park.” Kim umma initiatively introduced her own self. “You can just call me Kim umma like what Jiyeon and my children call me. This is my daughter Doorami.” She introduced Rami unnie also. Jieun smiled and greeted, “Annyeong” to them.

“Jieunie. I already called your brother. I got his number from your phone. He’ll be picking you up here. He’ll be here anytime soon.” I told Jieun. She should get home now since it’s already 11:30. We still have school tomorrow. We can’t be late at the first week of school.

She sighed a relief at my news. But her lower lip was trembling indicating that she was guilty for making her brother worry.

“Good thing Sanghyun found you out there or… Jesus I’ll never know what I’ll be able to do if you got . Especially my niece.” Kim umma cried. And I fairly know what’ll be next of this.

Scolding.

But I am quiet glad I am being scolded right now. Coz if not, I don’t know what’ll be my situation by now. Maybe I’ll be dead on that street by now.

_______________________________________________________________________________

guys... sorry. i lost my internet for two weeks. there was typhoon here in my place. it was scary. hundreds died. i got stuck in a coffee shop that night. i almost wasn't able to come home. and yeah, we lost opur internet. it just came back 2 weeks after. but i continued writing and yay. here it is. it's still late. but not very late now. right? anyway guys cheondung's there! woopee! throw the confetti! he finally made his debut in my fic. :D

 

and oh... to those guys who are subscribing my other fic. I'll be deleting it for now. I'll just post it later on. there's too many errors on that fic. I just really need to redo it. I'm so sorry to all. D: