Chapter 7

My Boyfriend is an Asian-Blond Vampire (Hiatus)

 

“Lee Jieun. You are a living definition of the word ‘catastrophe’.

I was facing the mirror, trying to talk to myself. I can’t get over with the ruckus I just did this morning. I couldn’t sleep at all. I kept slapping myself—that must’ve kept me awake—I think my face is already red but I didn’t care. That was the most embarrassing thing ever in my whole life.

“Now what? He hates you!”

Regret. I am regretting everything. I wasn’t even able to say sorry or thank you—he saved me right?  I’m the worst human alive.

Refreshing the scenes in my head, I can’t help but to pull all my hair off—which was painful so I just lied down on my bed with my face buried in the pillow.

~Flashback~

“Get off of me.” His calm but slightly growling voice woke me up from my daydream.

“Neh?” I said blankly.

“I said. Get off of me.!” he said again with a little more emphasis.

I realized I was still on top of him for like two minutes since I said annyeong—how did I even froze that long? So I slowly got up and scooted aside so he can get up too. I was just looking at the floor the whole time. If I can, I would dig my own grave right here, right now. But this was the second floor of the house so I’ll probably just make a hole if I can make a hole through this concrete and jump into it. I wish a black hole would appear when I jump so I’ll disappear to the universe forever and never come back.

But, no. Of course, no.

He got up and patted his cleaning all the dirt that must’ve stick to his pants.

“Out.” He said.

“Neh?” I said again blankly. Jieun-ah, do you not know of any other words instead of ‘Neh?’

“Get out of my room.”

I realized again, that I was inside the boundary of his room.

Pabo! Scolding myself inside my mind, I shuffled tiny steps out of his room, trying to avoid his burning glare.

“Faster!” he yelled getting impatient making me startle, shuffling faster and obliviously bang my head on his door frame.

“Tsch. How clumsy.”

Aissh~! Aigoo! I said in my mind. Do things right for once Jieun-ah. Especially right now!

“Mianhe.” I apologized, turning around to face him and bowed my head.

“Go away.” He replied rudely, slamming his door right on my face.

I am so dead. I felt like crying—especially when I saw Suji silently laughing to herself making me throw a death glare to her. Goodbye to all of my hopes and dreams. Goodbye my almost lover, I’ll just see you in my dreams.

He hates me.

Dear God, why must you do this to me?

~~

~~Sanghyun’s POV~~

After eating my dinner, I left the kitchen silently and went to my room immediately like what I usually do. I’m not doing the dishes and will never do it. Anyway, all the people living in this house are future housewives except for me, and well… Kim umma because she’s already a housewife. Though appa died three years ago.

Sitting on my study desk, with only my study lamp to give my room a dim light—I like keeping my room dark. I was holding my sketch book. Unknowingly, a smile curved my lips as I study each line of pencil on this sketch I did myself, forming a very familiar face of a girl.

“Who are you?” I said to the person on the paper.

I wasn’t able to ask her name this morning. That crying baby girl I always watch from afar in my dreams grew up to be a lady and I saw her again, today. Who knew she knows how to do wrestling eh?

The first time I saw her, she was unconscious attacked by two men with my cousin. I saved them and brought them home. I wanted to watch over her while she was still unconscious. I wanted to touch her face to prove that she was real. But I can’t. Instead I just stayed inside my room and tried to forget about everything.

That very night, I dreamed again. The same usual dream of a crying girl in the middle of the dark barefooted, cold and lonely. After years of watching her, I finally decided to approach her. I offered my hand which she grabbed and took hold of really tight. When she looked up at me, when her eyes met mine, just like a fairytale, a magical fantasy, colors started appearing. The darkness was escaping and there was nothing but paradise.

“Don’t cry now.” I said. “I’m here.” And hugged her. After years of wanting to comfort her, I finally did it. For years, I just watched her crying, running and looking for an escape. She grew up and I was still watching her. But I finally did it, and it was worth it.

I can feel her getting all comfortable. She hugged me back tighter. Like she’s been longing for it. Like she never had one before. I just hugged her there.

But I couldn’t be confident and relaxed. Especially because a Catarine has followed me and I can’t stay calm at all.

Catarines. They are cat shape shifters just like werewolves—wolf shape shifters. They are aggressive but not offensive. As much as possible they don’t attack. They’re usually sent out for searching because they have the strongest smell and clearest sight. And because they are cats, humans take them easily because humans like cats.

And this morning, I felt an aura of a Catarine.

My name is Park Sanghyun. At least that’s the name I am using ever since Dara noona found me and brought me home and eventually, adopted me. Why I know all of these?

Ten years ago, I ran away from my family. At least, I thought they were normal enough to be my family. I thought… I was normal.

~Flashback~

I have nowhere to go to, but I needed to keep running. I don’t want to go back. I just kept running and running soaking wet under the rain even though I know, no matter what I do, they can still find me. And yes, a catarine found me.

“Young master Cheondung, Juggler of the Thunders.”

I am… Cheondung. On this day, I started hating my name, myself, my identity, my mere existence. I just started hating everything after I discovered the truth that I, Cheondung am the prince of vampires and that I have the power of the Thunder. I can control the storm. I hated it.

“Your father… is worried about you. Please… go back.”

“No!” I cried. As a little kid I just cried. I’m just a mere eight year old kid who doesn’t know anything to do but cry.

But right now… is not the time to cry.

Right now… is not the time to be a coward.

Right now… is not the time to run away.

Right now… is the time to face it.

Clutching my little fist, I shut my eyes really tight to hold back the tears while gritting my tiny teeth. When I think all the tears were held back, jaw locked, and my hands turning red from too much clutching, I opened my eyes flashing a death glare to the catarine. The rain poured harder, lightning cracked the sky, and the thunder shook the dark sky.

He started backing out with a horrified face. My eyes stayed glued onto him until he was gine, running away. And when he was gone, all my energy left me and I just dropped down on the ground unconscious.

When I wake up, I found myself in a hospital with a noona beside me sleeping. She introduced herself to me. She explained to me everything why I came here. She found me, soaking wet and burning with fever. She took me home and I found a new family.

~~

Since then, no one has followed me which makes me wonder why?

Shoving my thoughts away, I placed my sketch book back from where I’d get it and lied on my bed, watching the glow in the dark stars pasted on my ceiling.

~Jieun’s POV~

Aish! Suji’s gonna skip class today. She and granny’s going to do something. Eish that means I’m going to school alone. Hmp, anyway I’m sure I’m not gonna get lost again. I can manage myself to walk to school. Oppa’s early to his part-time job as a gym instructor so he wasn’t able to send me to school.

When I arrived, the guards wouldn’t let me in. I wonder why when I’m wearing complete uniform with my I.D. and my shoes are well polished. I tidied up myself well and I couldn’t be late.

“Aish~” I murmured silently to myself. I’m not having a much good mood so the school guards better not trigger the monster inside of me. Pushing myself, I tried entering the school in between the two guards that were blocking the gate.

“Yah student, you’re not allowed here.” One guard huffed.

“Ah wae? This is my school I’m a student here!” I protested and squeezed myself through them but to my dismay, I couldn’t.

“What is this ajhussi?” a guy came.

Omo!?

He raised an eyebrow when he saw me. “It’s you.” He said cooly. “Tsch.”

What to do? What to do? HELP! I seriously need help here!

“Where’s that pretty girl you were with?” he asked.

“Oh? Uhh… Suji?”

“That’s her name?” he smirked.

I nodded. “…She’s skipping class today.” I continued.

“Ok.” He nodded. “She’s really interesting.”

Does he like Suji? Aigoo! If I didn’t try to grandslam him I would’ve get a better impression to him. Aish~!

“Uhh… m-mianhe.” I apologized. “F-for… yesterday.”

“Tch.” He clicked his tongue. “Your school is over there.” He pointed a few meters away. “This is the Boys compound.”

“Ah!? Ahhh… aish!” I didn’t realize that. I’m such an idiot! I apologized to the guards—I must’ve caused trouble to the two of them—and made my way.

“Babo.” Sanghyun mocked which made me trip on my toes.

Eissh… it’s true anyways.

___________________________________________

Did I made it much much sooner? xD