Prolouge

My Boyfriend is an Asian-Blond Vampire (Hiatus)

 

~~

I was lying there in the middle of somewhere. I can’t see. It’s too dark. Did I lose my ability to see? Am I already dead? No. I can’t be dead. I’m still too young to die. And I can hear the sound of my heart beating. In fact it’s the only thing I can hear. I’m afraid of the dark. I’m scared. Terrified. My heartbeat quickened. I must get out of here. There must be a way out of here.

Luckily, I am able to move my muscles which prove that I am not dead.  I stood up with my little barefooted feet. A shivering feeling crawled up slowly making all the hairs on my body to stand. I looked around hoping for a sign of a way out of here. A light somehow, or something that indicates an escape. I found none.

“Umma!” I cried.

“Appa!” please somebody get me out of this place!

I started running, wet with tears. I’m a horrified kid trapped in a nightmare. Somebody please help me. HELP ME!

I fell down on my knees. I realized that I was standing on water. I can see my reflection on it. I stared at it for 5 seconds when I saw a pale hand reaching for my shoulder from nowhere in this dark. I quickly turned around. The hand was gone. I choked a bit, finding it hard to breathe. I sobbed, when I heard a cat meow. I hugged my knees, trying to protect myself from any creature in this darkness. I cried more.

“Umma!” my voice cracked. The cat kept meowing. It frightened me more so I covered my ears and shut my eyes tightly. I cried once more. “UMMA!”

~~

“Jieun-ah! Wake up!” I heard a voice. I opened my eyes and saw my mom.

“Umma!” I cried and ran into her chest hugging her tight never letting her go.

“Umma.” I sobbed. “I’m scared. Umma don’t leave me please.” I cried, choking in every sentence.

Umma hushed me. “Don’t cry, it’s just a dream. Umma won’t leave you.” She said in her oh so comforting voice.

Appa came in with a glass of water and gave it to mom.

“Here yeobo. Don’t get dehydrated.” She handed me the glass. I took it and gulped it down my throat.

“What is it?” appa asked as he sat down on the edge of my bed.

“It’s that nightmare again.” Umma answered.

“Umma, appa.” I croaked. “Can I sleep with you tonight?”

“Of course dear.  Yes.” They nodded. A relieved smile curved my lips.

Umma and appa looked at each other and sighed. They seem to worry much. But a part of their face shows like they know what’s up with my nightmares. Appa picked me up and carried me to their room.

Appa placed me gently on the bed.

“Sleep now my yeobo.” He patted my head and smiled. He covered me with a blanket, and planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

“Go back to sleep.”

“I’m scared.”

“Ssshh… appa’s here. No one’s gonna hurt my baby Jieun.”