BAEKYEOL PT. 1

True Sincerity or Merely A Trap?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was in a tough spot. He had accidentally gotten himself into a fight with a gang. It was definitely not a good night for him. He was already exhausted by the time he had taken care of a few of the men he had to face, but the worst thing was, he was alone. He had been alone for a while now, ever since the accident. His boyfriend Byun Baekhyun had died in that fire and ever since then, he hadn't been able to return to his happy-virus self.

There was someone he was waiting for though.

Whenever he had gotten into trouble, this masked, hooded figure seemed to be around and somehow helped him. He still didn't know who this person was and neither had he seen him around before, but the way the person moved and the person's physique seemed so much like Baekhyun. Chanyeol should know since he was his boyfriend. They had been dating for almost four years before the accident occured.

Chanyeol got kicked in the stomach and was pushed up against a wall. Just as he was about to be punched in the face, his attacker was pulled back and was knocked down. It was him. He had finally come to help Chanyeol. Other times, Chanyeol would have been able to get up and fight alongside this masked man, but this time he wasn't able to. He wasn't kidding when he had said that it wasn't a good night for him. He had already been drunk at midday and had a hangover during the evening. He thought he was hallucinating when he caught a glimpse of his friend Jongin with his boyfriend. He had just passed it off to be a hallucination, but he was envious that Jongin was able to move on.

As Chanyeol breathed heavily, his eyes slowly closed as he watched the masked man in front of him fight the rest of the men...

 

He opened his eyes and he saw that he was back in his bedroom. Chanyeol cleared his throat and slowly sat up in bed. He was in pyjamas and he felt rather clean. Somehow he wasn't aching anywhere and neither did he feel bruised - that is, other than his heart. He hadn't exactly gotten over the whole ordeal and so he still felt that there was an empty space in his heart. He wasn't bothered to make himself breakfast, so instead he got changed into some fresh clothes and went down to the local cafe.

He went to order his usual and collected his order number. He walked over and sat down at one of the empty tables. He heard the door to the back of the cafe open and turned his attention there because he was bored. He had to be hallucinating right? Baekhyun was definitely gone and so were his friends' partners. So, why was Baekhyun right there behind the coffee machine putting on his apron? Chanyeol forced himself to look away and look out the window instead.

After a few more minutes, Chanyeol was able to recollect his composure. However it just came tumbling down again as soon as his order was placed in front of him. "Here you go sir," the waiter smiled. Chanyeol couldn't help but gawk at the person right in front of him. "Sir, is there something wrong?" he asked.

"N-n-no, there isn't. Th-thank you," he stuttered. Chanyeol looked away and found his order in front of him. He did his best to not drop everything he picked up. He has the same voice. The same body, smile...everything! he thought. He found a note underneath his coffee cup and unfolded it. His eyes widened in shock as he finished reading the note. "I'm not Baekhyun," he whispered to himself. Once he finished drinking his coffee and eating his breakfast, he took the note and left.

 

It had been a while since Chanyeol had returned from the cafe. He hadn't moved from the same position on the couch in that time. He was just staring down at the note. He didn't know how he was supposed to react or if he was to do anything. The person who looked and sounded like Baekhyun actually knew of the real Baekhyun's name. How did he know what Chanyeol was thinking? How did he even know who Chanyeol was? Since when did people look exactly like each other? How did this seemingly complete stranger who looked like Baekhyun, suddenly come to work at the cafe that Chanyeol had been going to for years? Let alone get a job at the one where he met Baekhyun.

Chanyeol finally moved from his position as he heard his phone ringing. He was surprised when he saw the caller ID, "Hello?"

"Hey Chanyeol-hyung! I was just wondering if we could meet up. I saw you the other day out in the city just wandering around. I was wondering if we could you

Please log in to read the full chapter