TAORIS PT.2

True Sincerity or Merely A Trap?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tao was beginning to get extra nervous. It was time for the passengers to alight from the cruise ship, their luggage had already been sent down and out onto the docks. Tao couldn't help but begin pacing. Kris had hopped out onto the deck for a moment before the two of them would exit. However, Tao was now beginning to feel the anxiety rush over his body.

Suddenly he felt a large hand on his shoulder, "You ready Tao?" he asked with a small smile.

"Y-yeah," stuttered Tao.

He let himself be dragged away by the slightly taller male. He gripped the long shoulder strap of his bag as he got closer and closer to the exit. About ten metres from the exit, Tao stopped, reluctant to go on any further. Kris turned around and reassured Tao that it would be fine.

"B-but what if I faint or I hug Suho by accident or the others think that I have changed- ?"

Kris stopped Tao's nervous break down with a kiss, "They're your friends Tao. They will accept you no matter what. Anyway, even if you do hug Suho by accident, he'll probably just smile and pat your back awkwardly," he smiled. He grabbed Tao's free hand and dragged him off the ship. They went through the necessary procedures to collect their luggage - well, really Tao's luggage - before actually trying to find their friends.

They didn't have to look very far considering a group of ten grown males isn't exactly hard to miss. They seemed to be talking amongst themselves and then Jongin turned around, "Hey Tao-hyung! Hey Kris!" The others turned around at the familiar names and smiled when they saw the couple approaching. A couple of them began laughing when they realised that Tao was being dragged by Kris.

"Tao, why are you hiding?" asked Yixing.

Before Tao could speak up for himself, Kris jumped in, "He was scared that he would faint, or that you guys would think that he had changed, or that he would accidentally hug Suho. So, he's restraining himself from doing anything at all, that includes walking for himself. Ow!" he exclaimed as he earned a whack in the arm. "What was that for?!"

"Why did you tell them that? They didn't need to know!" he yelled.

"Okay, okay I think that's enough you two," said Suho. He stepped between the two of them and pulled Tao away. He began to lead the group away from the docks. "So, Tao, I heard that you and Joonmyun were quite close, is that right?" asked Suho.

"Y-yeah, he was really like a caregiver to me. He used to really take care of me and help calm me down whenever Yifan and I got into those little arguments...just like what you did just now," he answered.

"Oh, I see. Well, apparently my character is somewhat like Joonmyun's as well. Just like Kris is like Yifan and Baek is like Baekhyun. The other three are different though," explained Suho. "Kris, I would refrain from trying to dig holes in the back of my head with invisible lasers. Tao and I are just having a pleasant conversation," he turned his head around to face Kris for a moment, "So, please stop being jealous for no reason," he smiled. His so-called kind smile was scaring Kris and so the latter visibly flinched slightly. Suho turned back to the front.

Tao took a moment to think about what he would do next. He decided to hug Suho as he continued to walk - just to make Kris jealous. "This is alright right?" asked Tao.

"Yeah, it's fine," smiled Suho.

Now, the two at the front were both getting glared at by the jealous Kris.

 

After having some quality time with his old friends, Tao was back at home after his vacation. The group had planned to meet up properly again later that week so that they could all settle in comfortably. As Tao was unpacking his luggage and his bag, he felt a strange feeling of being watched. Then he realised it was Kris and after a moment or two, he remembered what he had done in front of Kris - with the

Please log in to read the full chapter