SULAY PT. 1

True Sincerity or Merely A Trap?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ever since that day, Yixing had learned how to put on a mask - a mask of happiness. He knew that he was never going to get over what had happened that day. However, he knew that hanging out with the people around him who would always ask if he was alright, and being completely depressed, wouldn't help. It would cause him frustration but also others would feel sorry for him and he never wanted anyone to pity him. He lived everyday as if the accident had never happened, but the hardest thing of all was to forget about Joonmyun.

For him to continue with his daily life without being consumed by his own emotions, he believed that he had to forget about Joonmyun. Now, Yixing worked in a cafe and he would always see customers come and go. New customers and regulars that would come so very often. He was used to having a job that meant he would see and meet new people everyday, but he never expected what happened next.

It was a rainy day and the cafe was quite empty as it was the time of day most people worked. Yixing was just lazily playing around at the counter when he heard the entrance bell ring. There was a drenched hooded figure standing at the entry and a puddle was forming at his feet. The man took off his hood and as soon as his face was revealed, the glass that Yixing had picked up to have a drink, fell to the ground, shattering into pieces. When he realised what he had done, he quickly began to clean it up. Just as he was cleaning up, the person who had come in began to help as well.

Yixing did his best to try and keep calm and thanked the person afterwards for helping him. When he looked up at the person after coming back from throwing out the trash, he just knew he must've been dreaming. "You're Zhang Yixing right?" the man asked. He even sounded like Joonmyun. Yixing could only nod. "I know it must be quite shocking to see me like this, as Joonmyun, but I can't exactly walk around the streets in my true form. I was sent by Joonmyun before he died in that fire to look after you. It took me a while to find you though," he smiled sheepishly.

All Yixing could do was stare at the man before him. "Wh-who are you?"

"I'll tell you later, but first I should really clear that puddle I made," he turned around and with a swift move of his wrist, the puddle and the water in the man's clothes and hair were all gone. He was completely dry now and the floor somehow looked cleaner than it was previously. "Now, I believe that your shift ends soon right? Let's go over to your place afterwards and have a chat there, alright?" he asked cheerfully. Again, Yixing could only answer with a nod. A few customers came in and ordered take-aways in that time. Yixing was only just barely able to keep up with the orders and match them up with the correct customers.

 

Soon, one of his co-workers came in and Yixing finished up his last order before heading out back to change into his regular clothes. When he came back out to the front of the cafe, the man was still there waiting for him. Yixing quietly led the man to his place - which wasn't too far away from the cafe - and once the two were inside, they sat down opposite one another. "So what is this true form of yours exactly?" asked Yixing.

"I'll show you." He got up from his seat and took a step aside. Right before Yixing's eyes, a nine-tailed white fox appeared where the man once stood. "Do you understand what I mean by I can't walk out in the streets like this?" he asked rhetorically. "Yixing? Earth to Yixing?" he asked.

Yixing got up and walked towards the abnormally large fox. He walked beside it and it's fur. It was so soft, smooth and clean. The fox's eyes were so beautiful. "You're so beautiful," he whispered. The fox lied down on the floor and Yixing followed by sitting next to him.

Suddenly the sound of Yixing's buzzer went off. Yixing didn't even have to move though. "I believe your friends are here to see you," the fox said.

The door opened and Yixing looked up to see his younger friends, Jongin and Sehun - with two others who looked exactly like their deceased partners. "Hyung!" exclaimed Sehun as Yixing got up. The youngest ran up to his friend and hugged him, "I've missed you so much hyung!"

Yixing could only giggle, "I've missed you too Sehun. Hi Jongin," he said. He looked over at the other two visitors and saw that they were bowing. He turned around and saw the fox standing up straight. "Why are you guys bowing?" he asked.

"He is an enlightened one. Those of us who grow nine tails become enli

Please log in to read the full chapter