KAISOO PT. 2

True Sincerity or Merely A Trap?
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Soo woke up the next morning, Jongin had already left for work and so he was alone in the apartment. He took this chance to lecture himself. "You are not disappointed about Jongin's remaining feelings for Kyungsoo. You are just merely feeling sympathetic towards him. That's it. You are not going to fall- " He cut off his own sentence knowing that it was useless to lecture himself about those sorts of feelings. He just decided that he would hide it for now from Jongin. It would be too hard for the latter to move on so quickly. "These feelings would go away eventually, right?" he asked himself. He hadn't actually checked the time when he woke up and when he did, he realised that he had pretty much been sleeping all day.

He heard the door unlocking and Jongin walked in looking as though he had a nice day. "Oh hey Soo. When did you wake up?" he asked. He took his work boots off and as he walked further into the apartment, he dumped his bag on the dining table, took off his jacket and put in the laundry.

"Oh, only a few minutes ago actually. I ended up sleeping all day," he answered.

"Is there something bothering you? You seem a bit tense," asked Jongin.

"No, there isn't anything bothering me. You go and have a shower, you look sweaty." Soo didn't mean to try and push Jongin away, but he was beginning to feel something pull in his chest. An invisible force that seemingly wanted to make Soo cry.

Jongin went to grab his clothes and entered the bathroom. As soon as he heard the water running, Soo covered his mouth as tears welled up in his eyes and his breathing became ragged as he couldn't hold them back. "Soo? Why are you crying? What's wrong?" asked Jongin as he appeared beside Soo.

Soo got up and moved away from Jongin. He began wiping his tears away and his breathing was at a more regular pace, "Just don't worry about it Jongin. It's none of your business anyway. I was just thinking of other things that were personal." He made sure to avoid looking into Jongin's eyes, knowing that would only give him much more reason to cry. "Just go and have your shower, you don't want to waste water," he said.

Jongin went back into the bathroom, but Soo heard the water being turned off. The light was also switched off and Jongin came back out again. Soo was still staring at the ground, avoiding to look up at anything when he saw Jongin's feet in front of him. He felt a hand gently lift his head up by the chin and saw a concerned looking Jongin staring straight back at him. "Kyungsoo, if you're up there watching, then please forgive me for what I am about to do," muttered Jongin. He stepped forward and kissed Soo on the lips ever so softly. When he moved away, Soo was in complete and utter shock.

"W-why d-did you d-do that Jongin?" stuttered Soo.

"Wasn't that what you were thinking about earlier? Well, not me kissing you obviously but being with me? I was thinking about some stuff today during work and I realised you didn't yawn yesterday. You were trying to hold back your tears, right Soo?" asked Jongin. He took a step forward towards Soo, the gap between them mere inches now. "You don't have to hide it if it pains you so much as to cry Soo." He reached out a hand towards the fox, but the latter took a step back.

"B-but you still love him don't you? I mean, don't you need more time to mourn or something?" asked Soo. He kept his eyes averted from the calm but intense gaze of Jongin's eyes.

"Soo, I had the best sleep last night for the first time since that day. I never sleep well with strangers Soo, especially ones I was being previously harassed by. It was the first time since that day that I felt warm and calm on the inside as I slept without Kyungsoo by my side. I don't think it's because you look like him Soo, you weren't in your human form last night. Sure, I still love Kyungsoo, but the best way for me to move on and continue living my life properly, I think, is with you Soo and- " Jongin was cut off by the buzzer. "Who the hell would visit me at this hour?" asked Jongin. He walked over to the intercom and answered. "Hello? Who is it?"

"Jongin...it's me Sehun. I just wanted to see you, can I come up?" he asked.

Jongin was shocked by the sudden request. "Just give me a second!" he exclaimed. He released the button and went over to So

Please log in to read the full chapter