KAISOO PT. 1

True Sincerity or Merely A Trap?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jongin had been feeling lost for the past few months. Ever since the house fire that took the life of his boyfriend along with five others. He didn't know what to do anymore. Of course, he continued working so that he wouldn't be kicked out onto the streets, but most days, after work, he would just spend time out in the town centre. He watched as all the happy couples walked by and he would just be in a daze, until he would realise the time and head back home. Do Kyungsoo. The name couldn't ever be replaced and neither could the person.

However there was this one night that Jongin was on his way home from the town and he froze right there in the middle of the street. He could see Kyungsoo right across the pedestrian crossing from him. It was obvious that it was him, but Jongin knew that Kyungsoo had died in that fire. He couldn't have been standing there across the road from him. He told himself that he was hallucinating when a car passed between them and he was no longer there. When he got home that night, he showered to refresh himself from those kinds of insane thoughts. Kyungsoo would never be able to come back to life, no one in the world could, Jongin knew that. Yet, he still couldn't figure out why he saw Kyungsoo after so many months after the accident.

He just told himself to get some sleep and thankfully the next day was his day-off. He hadn't even slept for long when he felt a sudden breeze enter his room. He just brushed it off because it was cold that night, but then he heard a very familiar voice. "Nice place you've got here." Jongin sat up almost instantly and stared at the figure sitting at his desk, in his room.

"W-who a-are y-you?" he asked as he backed away. "What am I saying? You're just dreaming Kim Jongin, get a hold of yourself!" he whispered loudly.

"You aren't dreaming, but you are right. I'm not your Do Kyungsoo who died in that blaze. I'm a creature that no one in this day and age believes in," he said.

"What are y-you then?" asked Jongin.

Suddenly the person was right next to Jongin's ear, "That's for me to know and you to find out."

The next thing Jongin knew was that he was waking up to his phone ringing louder than ever. He reached over to find his phone on the side of his bed and grabbed it after a few moments. He squinted his eyes and saw that he hadn't switched his alarm off. He dismissed the alarm and dropped his phone next to his pillow. "Must've been just a silly dream," he said to himself. He covered his eyes with his arm and sighed loudly. One thing that he did miss other than Kyungsoo was the group of friends that they were in. After the accident had happened, they didn't contact each other again knowing it would only lead to arguments and unnecessary fighting. He wasn't bothered to go back to sleep so he just got out of bed, put some clothes on - since he was only in boxers - and headed out for a walk. He had to get that dream out of his mind or at least stop thinking about it for a while.

When he got to the town centre, there were hardly any people because it was working hours, but there were a few odd strangers here and there. Jongin sat down on a bench and sighed, "That was definitely not Kyungsoo, not by a long shot. He never speaks or moves in that almost mischievous way," he told himself. He got up and began browsing the shops that lined the walkway that led out of the town centre. Once he was out of there, he could see the park a few streets away and decided that that would be a better place to try and relax.

But since when did anything go smoothly in anyone's life? Out of the corner of Jongin's eye, he could see a small figure struggling against the grip of a few larger men. He turned around towards the alley that they were entering and hid behind the wall. Jongin carefully took a peak into the alley to see that it was none other than Kyungsoo's imposter who was being harassed by the much larger and older men. The imposter seemed to be genuinely worried and scared. Damn it. Why do you have to have Kyungie's face? he asked in his head. Without another seconds delay, Jongin barged into the alley and threw several kicks and punches at the men. Once they were distracted enough by the pain, Jongin reluctantly grabbed the imposter's wrist and began running away from the scene. Once they were far enough, Jongin let go of the imposter's wrist and didn't bother to look at him. "Don't think that meant anything at all, alright? You just have his voice, face and body, nothing more," he said as he began to walk to his apartment block.

After a few minutes, Jongin stopped in his tracks and turned around, "Could you please stop following me?" he asked.

"But don't you want anything in return? I mean, you saved me so I should pay you back right? Do

Please log in to read the full chapter