CHAPTER 2: The Way You Look At Me

Beautiful Trio Book THREE: JooHyun's Love Story

"I've been looking for you." He said to JooHyun as he approached them. 

 

 

What a sight she is to behold! Just looking at her, make him want to stop the clock from ticking. To stay at that moment.

 

 

"Why?" She simply asked.

 

He look at her then to her friends then back to her. "I have something to show to you. It's about the concept of the university concert." He told her.

 

"Oh I see." She said then look at her two friends. "I'll see you guys later?" She asked them.

 

"Sure! Just text or calls us, okay?" One of her friends answered.

 

"Okay." When she realized something. "Oh, sorry my manners." She said with an embarrassed expression. "YongHwasshi, they're  my best friends, Nicole and Key. Guys, he's YongHwasshi."

 

"Nice meeting you, YongHwa!" Nicole said with her bright smile.

 

"Same here too." He said then look at Key. "Hey."

 

"Hey, Hyung!" Key greeted back.

 

 

After JooHyun waved goodbye to her friends, they both silently walking towards the direction of the Music Club office from the far part of their university. It seems the awkward silence filled in between them. He decided to break the ice.

 

 

"Have you read the proposal we've given?" He asked.

 

"Hmm..Y-yeah..." 

 

"What do you think about it?"

 

She stopped walking then look at him. Just looking at him. He feels like something is stopping him to breath. Ugh! Those eyes.  Those beautiful soulful eyes.

 

"It's great." She simply said then continue to walk.

 

 

His brain feels like it  froze for a minute. Then when he remembers what she said, he quickly went to her.

 

 

"Really? You think so?" He asked again. He really wanted to know what she thinks.

 

 

She look straight at him. And again his heart seems to stop beating for a moment. Geez, since seeing her a year ago he seems becoming mushy which he's not from the start. He's known to be an aloof person. A loner. He only have few set of friends which he counts as really true friends.

 

 

"Yes, I think so too."  She said with a smile. "Why do you ask?"

 

"Nothing. I just want to know what do you think about it."

 

"Why? Does it matter?"

 

 

That question made him stop walking and think. Does it really matter what she thinks? Is it really a big deal for him to know if she likes it or not? Well, the answer is a big whooping yes! Yes, it does matter to him.

 

 

"O-Of course. You're the president of the student body organization, right? So, it should matter." He answered without thinking and when he saw her expression after hearing what he said got him confused. Is she expecting something from his answer? Is that disappointment that he's seeing in her eyes? Or he's just reading too much from it.

 

"Oh I see." She answer with a smile and avoiding looking at him. Then they continue walking in silence.

 

They're approaching the Music Club Office, when they saw MinHyuk, JongHyun and JungShin outside. 

 

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" He asked as they approach his friends and band mates.

 

"We're waiting for you." JongHyun answered then look at JooHyun with a curious expression.

 

"Oh I see. Is it already done?" He asked to no one in particular.

 

"Yeah, it is." JungShin answered while also looking at JooHyun and to his irritation he smiled at her.

 

"Hey, JungShin Chingoo." JooHyun greeted him with a smile.

 

"What?! What did she call JungShin? JungShin Chingoo?! Since when?! " He thought to himself while looking at the two.

 

"Wait, you know each other?" MinHyuk then asked with a surprised expression.

 

"Why didn't tell us?" JongHyun asked.

 

"Yeah, why didn't you?" MinHyuk added.

 

JooHyun and JungShin exchange glances and the nodded. "Yes. Way back in grade school, right?" JooHyun said then look at JungShin.

 

"Yeah. She's my seatmate when we're in fourth grade, I think." JungShin answered.

 

"Yes, he is. He's one of the smallest kids back then. But look at him now." She said with a chuckle.

 

"Growth spurt, baby. It's called growth spurt." JungShin said with a smug expression.  

 

"Did you just called her "baby"?"  MinHyuk said with another surprised expression. An exaggerated expression at that.

  

"Cut that, MinHyuk!" He said with a warning.

 

"What?!" MinHyuk look at him innocently. But those mischievous eyes, he knows what he's driving at.

 

JongHyun and JungShin gave out a hearty laugh like knowing something he didn't while JooHyun look at the four of them with puzzled expression.

 

"Don't mind them, JooHyun. They're just a bunch of idiots." He said while giving the three a deadly stare.

 

 "Why are they laughing?" JooHyun asked with curiosity.

 

"Nothing." He said. "Let's go inside the office and I'll show you what I told you about."

 

"Okay." She said the followed him at the office. 

 

He can still hear the three idiot laughing at his expense. They'll definitely pay for this. Later. But for now, he'll just enjoy being with her.