CHAPTER FIVE: A Heart Beats Louder

Beautiful Trio Book THREE: JooHyun's Love Story

"JooHyun~ah, I'm glad to see you and have dinner with me today." JinWoon said while leading her to the direction where their table is located.

 

"I'm also glad seeing you, Woon." She said while giving him a genuine smile. "It's been quite a while since the last time we saw each other."

 

"Yeah, I know." JinWoon agreed. "How's school? YoonA Noona told me that you've been quite busy these days."

 

"Not really. Just some school works from here and there." 

"Really?" JinWoon asked while showing his teasing eye-smile.

"Really!"

"I heard that you're quite busy preparing for your school's event or something."

"Yeah. It's for a university night. We're preparing to organized a music festival."

"That's nice. So, you'll be performing as well?"

"I don't know. I'm still thinking about it."

"Why not?"

"Because I still don't have time to practice and I don't know what to perform."

"Well, you can always perform your favorite piece. Or perform the song that you've written since high school."

"No way!" She said while laughing. "I'll only end up messing the performance up. Those that I have written in high school is too childish and like a nursery ryhmes." 

"No, it's not. It only needs to be polished. And I can definitely help you with that." JinWoon smiled.

"Really? Oh well, I'll keep note of that then."

"Good." JinWoon said with a smile.

"Hey! Why are you smiling like that?" 

JinWoon just look at her with his teasing eye-smile. She felt uncomfortable and to hide it she playfully punch him on the shoulders. 

"Ouch!" JinWoon feigning a fake hurting expression. "Now, you resulted in violence. JooHyun~ah, I don't know you have that in you." Said with a shocking expression.

She just pouted. 

JinWoon then let out a hearty laugh. "Oh, I really missed THAT expression of yours!" Then he put his arm to her shoulder and gave her a hug.

 

She also missed his hearty laugh. Aside from Key and Nicole, JinWoon is her best friend since they're still toddlers. She literally grew up with him. They've been neighbors and their parents are college friends from way back their days. From kindergarten until high school, they're inseparable but when they reach college, JinWoon went abroad to study.

 

She and JinWoon are happily chatting when she got a feeling that someone is looking at her. She simply look around her. And then she saw him. It feels something just stop there and then. Her heart begins to beats like crazy. People around her seems like fading.

 

The look that YongHwa is giving  her is like he wanted to tell her something. Thinking about the possibilities, made only her heart flutter more. But on the other side, she don't want to make any assumption. She's afraid that what she's feeling is not reciprocated. With that thought she took a deep breath.

 

"Do you know him?" She heard JinWoon asked. 

"Huh?" She looks at JinWoon.

"Do you know the guy who is looking at you since we came in?" JinWoon with a curious expression.

"Well.. He's my school mate." She answered.

"And?"

"And what?"

"JUST a school mate?"

"He's.. He's also a friend."

"Ahh.. A friend." JinWoon said with a thoughtful expression. 

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing." JinWoon smiled at her.

"How.. How did you know that he's looking at us since we came in?"

"Anyone.. Any guy can't help but notice you, Hyunnie~~." 

"How come? There's nothing extra-ordinary in me. And you know that." 

"You are."

"I am what?"

"Extra-ordinary." JinWoon simply said.

"No, I'm not. I'm just like any ordinary girl."

"It's not what that guy think. So am I." JinWoon said it with a smile.

 

Still confused with what JinWoon is saying. But she choose to ignore the feeling that there's something in what JinWoon said. But she can't ignore her heart beating so fast just seeing YongHwa.