CHAPTER 8: I Won't Give Up

Beautiful Trio Book THREE: JooHyun's Love Story

YongHwa stood still while looking at JooHyun's back walking away from him.. From them.. He knows why she choose to go with Key and Nicole.. He took a deep breath then look at JinWoon who is also looking at JooHyun.

 

"We need to talk." He said. Full of determination. Once and for all, he wanted to lay all the cards  so to speak. 

 

"Yes. We need to talk." JinWoon agreed. Then they both walk to one of the kiosk and sit opposite each other.

 

 

Few minutes past, no one of them speak. It's like they're both sizing up each other.

 

 

He choose to break the silence. "Are you in love with her?" He asked looking straight at JinWoon.

 

"Yes." JinWoon answered looking back at him. Like challenging him.

 

 

Well, unfortunately for him, he'll never not back down.  "I love her too." He simply said and then he took a deep breath. "But seeing her expressions a while ago while looking at both of us. It's hurting me seeing her trying not to hurt any of us."

 

 

JinWoon also took a deep breath. Understanding what he means.

 

"I know. I feel the same way." He then look at him. "When I saw you at the restaurant looking at us. Especially looking at her. I felt territorial. It's like you're going to grab her away from me." JinWoon laugh bitterly. "But when I saw her how she looks at you... I know, I need to let her go." He took another deep breath. 

 

YongHwa didn't know what to say at that moment. He's seeing in him a person who desperately love a girl who already find someone for her. He felt sad for him.  Really. Because if he find that JooHyun already have someone and not him, he'll feel the same.

 

"Please. Don't feel sorry for me." JinWoon said trying to smile. "I've been in love with her since God I don't know when.. I know she only sees me as her childhood best friend and a brother that she never have. If it were not for you, I will never give up on dreaming that one day she'll find herself in love with me. But you came. She fell in love with you." 

 

JooHyun is also in love with him?!! He felt his heart beating so fast just thinking about it.

 

When JinWoon saw his expression, he laughed. "Damn, man, you didn't know?" He laughed at him. Like he's not pouring his heart out a while ago. Then when he realized what he's doing, he stopped. "Well, can you blame me? It's like a big revelation to you. Knowing that she's in love with you."

 

"S-She's not." He said. Trying to suppressed what he's feeling. 

 

"YongHwa." JinWoon said. His expression is deadly serious now.  Gone is the teasing. "Tell me. With all honesty. Why do you love her?"

 

 

He felt his heart stopped with that question. It's not because he's not sure of what he feels. But because he don't know how to explain or even describe how he feels for her. It's like asking the bird why it flies.

 

 

"To be honest, I.. I really don't know how to answer that question." He said while looking at JinWoon. "I love how she smiles, how she speaks, how her voice changes when she's telling a story, how her hair bounce whenever she's walking.. Everything about her... There are so many reasons but I couldn't give a specific answer to THAT million dollar question. "

 

 

JinWoon said nothing. Just looking at him.

 

 

"She's the only girl who makes me feel so helpless. I have met many girls but it's only her who makes me stop at whatever I'm doing with just a simple thought of her. Call me a loser or anything, but being around her or not, I feel so overwhelmed. So the answer to your question is I don't know."

 

 

JinWoon took a deep breath and stand up. "Take care of her. Don't make her cry or else.." Then he walk away but before he walk farther he called him.

 

"Thank you." He said looking straight at him.

 

JinWoon nodded and walked away. He felt a big respect for the guy. It's not easy to let go of someone who you love so much to another guy.

 

He let out another deep sigh. He felt himself like in a trance.. Just by thinking of her.. 

 

While he's walking, he's humming one of his favorite song.. 

 

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find