CHAPTER 7: I Wanna Be With You..

Beautiful Trio Book THREE: JooHyun's Love Story

Her heart can't stop beating so fast. JooHyun felt so overwhelmed. She doesn't anymore know what to think or even feel anymore. She remembered when she watch him sing and played his guitar. It's like he's singing the song for HER!

"Oh My God!" She exclaimed to herself.  She's now definitely, exclusively, officially in love with him. She felt her heart beating so fast.

 

"JooHyun." Someone behind her call her name. She doesn't need to think who is it. Because she already knew.

"Hey." She said to YongHwa. Trying to avoid long eye contact with him.

"Uhm.. Can we talk?"

"Huh?"

"I.. I have something I want to tell you... Uhm.. If you got time." YongHwa said with unsure expression.

"Uhm.. S-Sure." She said to him. "Do you have a song you wanted to add to your final set list?"

"It's not about the song lists--" YongHwa stop because their are students who are looking at them with a curious expression. It made the atmosphere more awkward between them.

"Can we talk somewhere? Not in here, you know." YongHwa said.

"Uhm... Well.." When she checked her watch, it's 15mins before her next class. She looked at him with an apologetic expression. "I.. I can't. I need to go for my next class."

Her heart went after him when she saw his expression. She then added, "But.. If you want, we can meet later. After classes."

Hearing what she said, YongHwa smiled. "Sure. I would like that. I'll see you later then."

 

She nodded and smiled back to him. They bid a shy goodbye to each other. Trying to break their eyes off from each other. When they both realized what they're doing, they both become embarrassed in front of each other. When she's on her way to her next class, the thought that they'll be together later makes her more giddy and excited.

 

 

After 3 hours....

 

 

She's on her way out of the classroom when her phone rings. "Hello?" She then answered while getting her books.

"Hey, Hyunnie! It's me, JinWoon. Are your class done?" JinWoon asked on the other line.

"Yeah.. ahm.. Why?" She asked back. 

"Good! I'm actually here at your school's parking lot. Near Gate B." 

"Huh? Wait. Really?" She said in a surprised tone.

"Yes. Why you sound surprised? Do you have other plans after your classes?" JinWoon asked. His tone seems changed from excited to.. disappointment?

"Well, me and.. a friend are going to meet after classes." She answered. Don't know why she feels like she's keeping something from her best friend. Which.. well, sort of. Now THAT feels awkward.

"I see. Your friend can come with us then."

"Uhm.. Well.."

"Is your friend.. A girl or..a guy?" JinWoon suddenly asked.

She was about to answer his question when..

"Hey, JooHyun." YongHwa suddenly appears beside her with all smile.

 

She wanted to feel so happy seeing YongHwa smile at her like that and wanna hug him because she looks so adorable but at the same time feels so awkward and don't know what to do with JinWoon who is on the other line.

 

And JinWoon seems to know already the answer. "So, it's him." JinWoon seems more sound different. 

"Yeah, it's him..." She wanted to say more but it seems that it's not appropriate when YongHwa is there in front of her.

"Y-You look good together." JinWoon said from the other line which surprises her more.

"H-How.." She was about to ask him when she saw him from afar. She didn't know but when she look at JinWoon, it breaks her heart seeing him with a resigned expression and feigning a smile.

 

JooHyun look at YongHwa who seems to feel some tension from her. A different tension from whenever they're in the same room or around each other. He  followed where her eyes is looking and seems to know and understand.

 

This feels awkward, she thought. She look at YongHwa then at JinWoon. When the three of them are in almost near proximity tension grows more and more every minute.

 

"Hey! JinWoon, what are you doing here?" Key suddenly interrupted. "YongHwa Hyung." Key greeted YongHwa then look at her with a worried expression. Seems like he also felt the tension in the air.

"Yeah. We thought you.." Nicole said and then stopped herself when she look at her, YongHwa and JinWoon. "Well.." Nicole seems like trying to gain her tongue when she heard Key speak.

"JooHyun, I forgot to tell you something." Key said looking straight at her."Professor Lee asked me to tell you that you need to go to her office now. She said she wanted to discussed something important about the concert."  

 

She wanted to say that she doesn't remember that Professor Lee wanted to discussed with her about the concert. But when she understand what Key would like her to do.

 

"Uhm.." She looks at YongHwa with an apologetic expression then to JinWoon with an please understand look. "I'm sorry. I.. I need to go to Professor Lee." She said both to YongHwa and JinWoon.

 

YongHwa nodded with understanding while JinWoon just look at her. She awkwardly bid goodbye to the two and walk away with Nicole and Key. 

 

"That was close." Key commented.

"I know right?And it's also awkward." Nicole added.

She just  stayed quite while walking in the hallway with Key and Nicole.

"JooHyun, how are you feeling?" Nicole asked her with a worried expression.

 

She stopped and look at the two. "I.. I don't know.." Then she went telling them about everything she feels. All the helplessness. She knows that she's being coward when she went with Key and Nicole leaving YongHwa and JinWoon.

 

"We understand, Hyunnie." Nicole said. "You're in love with YongHwa and you treasured what you have with JinWoon."

"We know that you don't want to hurt anyone of them or choose one over the other. It may be unfair but you need to. In love, you have to gamble in order for you not regret anything in the future." Key added.

"It may sound easy but it's actually hard to do." Nicole said.

"Yeah, but I'm so afraid. If I'm going out with my feelings for YongHwa and then lost years of friendship with JinWoon or if I'm going to choose my friendship with JinWoon and lost my first love. Is it worth it? Is it worth everything?" She said and couldn't help but cry in front of her best friends.

 

Key and Nicole just hugged her tight.