Lay

EXO Imagines

You were on your way to your school when all of a sudden, a text message appeared. It’s from your guitar teacher.

From: Teacher

you, I won’t be able to be your teacher for three whole months. I kind of had a car accident and I can’t walk right now. I need some time to rest but don’t worry, there’ll be a substitute teacher waiting for you in our room. Be good and listen to him okay? I hope to see you soon. J

 

To: Teacher

It’s fine. Just rest and get well soon. I’ll visit you some time after class. Eat well and don’t worry about me. Okay? Zai jian lao shi.

You arrived and ran towards the room you and your teacher always had your lessons. You opened the door with force and saw a guy staring blankly at you and bowed before you came closer to him. He was stunningly hot and gorgeous with his black messy hair.

“uhhhm.. I’m Zhang Yixing by the way.” He scratched his head while awkwardly introducing himself.

“oh.. Nice to meet you Zhang Lao shi. I’m you. “ you bowed thinking that he looks so young to be called lao shi.

“No need to call me that. Just Lay is fine.” He said as he waved his hands from left to right telling you to not be too formal to him.

“I’m not really a teacher, to be honest. He’s my mother’s brother so that makes me his nephew. I’m just 23 so it’s kind of awkward to call me that since you’re the same age as me.” He explained.

How did he know my age?

“Now let’s get started.” He said showing you some notes without even taking the music book he had beside him. You were really amazed and wasn’t able to pay attention to what he was saying.

“oh. By the way, I-uhh..  Don’t read notes. In fact, I don’t know how. I just listen to a song for several times and that’s how I could learn how to play it.” He explained. You were now twice, no, Thrice as amazed as before. He’s got amazing talent!

“I-It’s fine. I can manage.” You said as you both started the lesson, which ended up smoothly and to be honest, with him, it was easier for you to memorize the whole song. You both would crack a joke in between and would get to know each other from time to time. You saw how cute his dimple is when he smiled for the first time that made you want to make him smile all the time.

“Thanks for today, Zhang.. I mean… Lay.” You bowed and were about to go home but then, Lay stopped you.

“uhhhm… You wanna hang out for a bit? I mean, it’s still early and I really want you to meet my band mates, if it’s okay with you.” Lay asked. You agreed right away thinking it would be interesting to meet new people today.

It was a short walk before you both arrived at the place where they always hang out. He knocked at the door and some yoda dude opened the door looking at Lay first then to you, wide eyes.

“yah! Lay hyung’s girlfriend is here!” He shouted receiving a smack on the head from Lay.

“yah! She’s my uncle’s student. Babo.” Since you were Chinese, you didn’t understand a word both of them said.

“What did he say?” You asked Lay who just smiled at you and told you to come in with him.

“yo! This is you by the way. She’s my uncle’s student, who became my student for the next three months.” He introduced you, which again you didn’t understand but you bowed at them.

“I can’t speak Korean by the way.” You told them.

“That’s okay. I’m Zi Tao by the way and I’m Chinese too. I don’t mind translating things for you.” Tao seemed to be flirting with you but since it’s YOU, you just find him really friendly and just smiled.

“I’m Chinese too. I’m Wu Yi Fan by the way but you can call me Kris oppa.” He wiggled his eyebrows, which you find really attractive, while you bowed at him.

“I’m Luhan by the way and I’m Chinese too. Nice to meet you you!” He smiled playfully at you while dragging you towards the vacant seat beside him.

“Yah don’t scare her. The four of us are the only Chinese in here. That’s Xiumin gege, Suho gege, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Chen, Kai, and Sehun.” He introduced you to every single one of them as they happily waved their hands at you.

Did you know you’re the first girl to ever enter his garage? Did you know? Did you know?” Someone ,whom you remembered as Chanyeol , said giddily in korean.

“I’m sorry but I can’t understand Korean.” You said once again.

“He said that-“ Luhan was about to translate but Lay was fast enough cover his mouth.

“He said you’re really beautiful you.” That made you blush while everybody looked at Lay and smiled at him.

“I’m going to get us snacks. Scream if you need me.” Lay told you before he looked at his friends, who were zipping their lips with their hands telling him that they’ll shut up while he’s gone. After that, Lay went inside while you awkwardly placed your guitar behind the couch which Chanyeol noticed and immediately went beside Luhan for him to translate everything he’ll say.

“Luhan hyung, would you help me talk to her? Please?” Chanyeol begged which Luhan agreed right away.

you, Chanyeol said he wants you to play us a song. We’ll sing, you play.” Luhan said which made your eyes widen.

“b-but… I’m not sure if I’m good at it. I mean, I’m just a beginner.”  You said but they didn’t buy it. Chanyeol took your Purple guitar and handed it to you. Since you have no choice, you decided to play the most common song everyone knows.

“I’ll play open arms since it’s the only song I memorized.” You said which made Kyungsoo, you think, sit closer to you. He was too excited for some reason and told you to start whenever you’re ready.

Lying beside you, here in the dark
feeling your heartbeat with mine…
Softly you whisper, you’re so sincere
how could our love be so blind…

We sailed on together, we drifted apart
and here you are by my side…

So now I come to you, with open arms…

Nothing to hide, believe what I say

So, here I am with open arms..

Hoping you’ll see what your love means to me… open arms.

Living without you, living alone
this empty house seems so cold..
wanting to hold you
wanting you near
how much I wanted you home.

But now that you’ve come back, turn night into day
I need you to staaaaay..

So now I come to you, with open arms…

Nothing to hide, believe what I say

So, here I am with open arms..

Hoping you’ll see what your love means to me… open arms.

Open arms.

You were amazed by how they blended their voices together effortlessly. Their English were splendid and… you were speechless.

“You know what exactly Chanyeol said a while ago?” Luhan said right after you clapped your hands for them.

“So he doesn’t think I’m beautiful …” You whispered to yourself but Luhan was able to hear it.

“no. not that. We all think you’re beautiful “you. It’s just that.. That wasn’t what Chanyeol said.” Luhan explained making your face turn red since you didn’t plan on letting them know that.

“He said that you’re the first girl that Lay brought here. Among us, he was the least to even think of having a girlfriend since he’s too “busy” with his music. If he does something like this, it may mean something. Trust me. I know him too well.” Luhan said before the scent of freshly baked cookies lingered that made your hungry stomachs growl.

“Snacks everyone!” Lay said before placing two bowls of chocolate chip cookies on the table.

“Kyungsoo-ah, could you please grab some drinks on the fridge?” Lay ordered him.

“Actually, I might need ten more people to help me carry the glasses, I can’t do it myself.” He said. Why does he need that much people anyway? You thought.

“Yeah! We would really like to help you Kyungsoo-ah!” Luhan said looking at his friends. They all said an “oooooooooooooooooh” and stood up to help Kyungsoo except Kris.

“I’ll stay here. You can do it.” Kris relaxed.

“Hyung! We need to go now..” Sehun said but Kris was still eating. Without a second thought, all of them forced him out of the room and went inside, all of them. Lay on the other hand face palmed himself and sighed.

“I’m really sorry about them. They’re pretty normal on normal days.” He explained which made you giggle for a bit.

“I heard you playing open arms a while ago. You’re really good.” He complimented you. You felt heat rising up to your cheeks that made you look away so he won’t see the redness of your face.

“They’re amazing singers too. Really. I’d like to play some more with them.” You said.

“uhhhhm.. I wanted to ask you something Lay.” You said the moment you both stayed quiet.

“what is it?” He asked.

“It’s just that, Luhan gege said that I was the first girl to come here… well, I just thought… Is it true?”  You asked and regretted right after. I should’ve just stayed quiet!!

“They really can’t keep a secret, can they? To be honest, yes.” He said while scratching the back of his neck.

“not that I don’t like it here… I mean I do but, why did you bring me here?” You asked full of curiosity.

“well, I just thought that maybe I could see more of you and… get to know you more and… I-I just want to be with you for some reason I don’t know actually. I just feel like I wanted to be with you some more.” He explained.

What’s he saying? I mean, we just met!

“W-well, I don’t exactly know what to say…” You said.

“Well, you don’t have to say anything cause…” He paused while softly grabbing your chin and leaned closer.

“Action speaks louder than words.” And crashed his lips on yours. Your eyes widened but his were fully closed. You didn’t have the strength to push him away, you don’t even want to, and just let yourself drown in this addictive feeling he lets you experience. You slowly closed your eyes as you put your hands behind his neck. After a couple of minutes, you both pulled away, shocked about what just happened.

“so…” he broke the silence.

“yes?” You sprung back to reality after realizing that he was your first kiss and you couldn’t believe it.

“uhmm.. I just uhhh..” He was mumbling words and you patiently waited for him when all of a sudden,

“Just ask her out already!” We both looked at the door only to see Kris, who was about to go over to us, being pulled back by his other friends.

“aish! That hyung really needs help. Well, he was right though.” Lay turned to face you.

“Would you go out with me?” He asked you. You were too shocked to what he just said that you can’t think of a word to say.

“uhmm.. well.. uh-“ You panicked only to be disrupted by him AGAIN.

“Just say yes already!” Kris shouted and once again pulled by the others back inside.

“We-well, I’m kind of new to this kind of relationship… so…  “ You breathed deeply before saying,

“I’d love to.” You smiled.

“Zhang Lao Shi.” And you both laughed as the others clapped their hands while Kris went straight to the cookies and ate as many as he could.