Chapter 7

You were mine to begin with

Before the door was closed, Junjin forced his way in. Arisu looked at him, anger definitely radiating out of her. He closed the door and stood there facing her. He did not know what to do next but she answered his question by giving him a hug. He felt her weight on him as he held her even closer.

 “Oppa, just hold me”

He shifted her head to look at her face and kissed her. She didn’t let her mind wander and just kissed him back, her hand on his neck. Kissing is good for not thinking, she thought. When they both pulled away, he held her still in his arms and Arisu’s hand moved to his chest, her head bent down.

“The guy in that song. It’s Hyesung Hyung, isn’t it?”

She nodded and this time her whole body was pressed against him. He just held her, afraid of asking the next question that has been in his mind since he walked in.

“Oppa, I’m going to shower.”

Junjin let her do her own things and once she stepped into the bathroom he joined the others at the dining room. He heard the conversation while walking in.

“You’re the guy she hangs out with every single day in school?” Andy asked, openly.

“I didn’t know she would be your friend. I thought the last I would see of her was then. Hang on… that means; you were the one who came to the gym that day before she disappeared. I thought you were her boyfriend.”

“Yea. I came to your school that one time to meet her. What? Me, her boyfriend?”

“So what if he is, Hyung? Do you still like her? How about now?” Junjin added suddenly, causing everyone to jump.

Hyesung looked at his baby bird, thinking that this situation is more than ridiculous. He covered his face with hands and stayed there for a while before looking up at him again. Junjin was just staring at him, waiting for his answer.

“She’s yours, Jin. How can I take her away from you? I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have made it awkward. It’s just that I liked her. I still probably do. But that two months I had left, she just disappeared, and I don’t know where she went to. I couldn’t tell her how I feel. I should leave.”

He stood up and left.

“We should go too. I’m going to follow him, in case he drowns himself with soju.” Said Eric.

Everyone left except for Andy and Junjin. Junjin looked at Andy, both of them having a headache now.

“Andy, I’m sorry. I promised that I would make it the least awkward for you. But… I’ll fix okay. You don’t worry.”

Junjin moved to Arisu’s room waiting for Arisu to be done. He lied on her bed, and realized how her pillows had her sweet smell. He ruffled his hair, thinking about his next step and Arisu entered her room. Junjin did not notice her entering, his head still muffled with thoughts. He let out a heavy sigh and was shocked when Arisu slid in beside him and curled in, hugging him. He pulled her up and they both sat on her bed.

Junjin looked at the bed sheet, staring at it so hard that it could have made a hole. Arisu touched his face softly, asking him to look at her and he finally did, speaking up. “I know you still have feelings for him. I asked you after you sang, didn’t I. I know this is probably selfish of me but can you give me, no, give us one more try? Before I can let you go?”

It was Arisu’s turn to stare at the opposite wall hard. Her face was starting to grow red. This time round, Junjin cupped her face his thumb trailing her soft lips. “I don’t know what I’m supposed to feel. Me and Hyesung Oppa, we used to like each other but that was a long time ago. We didn’t even talk about it. It just… just. I don’t want to make everyone awkward with this.”

“I’ll be someone you can hold on to when you need help, when you want to cry. Please, give it try.”

How did he know that was what she wanted? So far, out of the 6 men, he played that role and she fell for his charms. He was special to her, did he know that? She wanted to tell him that but did not know how to without hurting him. And so, slowly, looking him at his eyes, she nodded.

Junjin tensed up. He felt his body froze while holding her. Arisu held him this time, pushing herself towards him. She felt his ragged breath and looked up to his face. His eyes were red and she hugged him tighter, one arm hugging him, the other wiping the tears that managed to escape his eyes. She kissed his cheeks before facing him fully.

“Oppa, don’t. Why?”

“I didn’t know that you would agree. Why did you say yes?”

“Cause you are special to me.” She said seriously, and with a chuckle she asked, “Then why did you ask?”

“I had to try.” He said, now smiling and hugging her. “Let’s just give it a try ok and... let’s go out. Clear our minds for a bit.”