Chapter 4

You were mine to begin with

Chapter 4

Tasha is used to people calling her Arisu now that she did not realize someone calling her.

“TASHA!” Andy shouted.

“It’s Arisu, call me that. I like the name.” said Arisu.

“Finally, you’re here. Want a tour?”

“Let me do that please, hey sweetheart!” Junjin scooped in.

A smile crept into her face and she noticed Andy’s face crumple. Junjin grabbed Arisu by her hands and dragged her along, waving his hand at Andy, his face ever so happy.

“Tada! So this is Shinhwa Company!  There’s nothing much really. Just a normal office building. Hey! I know, let’s go to the recording studio and play around. Nobody is using it today.”

They stepped into the recording room. It was a huge room split into two by a glass wall with a huge glass window. Equipment were placed everywhere and Arisu felt lost. She looked at Junjin expectantly.

“Can you sing?” Junjin asked.

“Me, what do you think?”

“No. Cause it’ll be unfair to the world. You look beautiful, you’re smart, and you’re strong. If you can sing… Eyy. I should be the one singing to you.”

Arisu picked up a guitar lying by the corner of the room and checked it tune. Junjin mouth opened and he took a chair to sit in front of her. She started playing slowly and softly, plucking strings easily as if she had been doing this her whole life.  Then she started strumming the guitar, the melody filling up the room. Junjin smiled unconsciously, his hands holding up his head, as he gave his fullest attention to the lady in front of him. She began to sing. The lyrics poured out of , and Junín’s smile faded away. The lyrics.

And if you could only see through my eyes
you’d see what I would see
I see your sad sad smile
I see the tears in your eyes
I see you holding the pain
but you act like there’s nothing there.
Oh, if you could only see through my eyes.

Arisu hugged the guitar and gave soft sigh. Junjin’s hand pushed a strand of her hair that fell to the front of her face back. His hand then wiped the tear that managed to escape her eyes. He was soft, different from what he looked. His rough, big hands felt soft and warm against her skin. He pulled her in, took the guitar away, and gave her a hug.

Arisu didn’t realize that she was crying at first. The song, just reminded her so much of her high school days when two of her closest friend left her. But she wrote it for him, the guy she watched from afar for two months.

“Hey, that was beautiful. Who was it for?”

“A friend, but that was a long long time ago.”

“Well, it looks to me that you’re still not over him.”

“We didn’t even have anything going on, just friends. He left.”

“Ok, how about this, you’re clearly still thinking about him. I’m going to make you fall for me.”

Arisu pulled back, her eyes fixed on Junjin. He was sincere, he was serious. Arisu’s hand cupped his face, her thumb trailing his lips.

“You don’t have to. I like you best among the rest.”

He gave a startled look, but clearly he was happy. The glow on his face told it all. He took her hands and gave a soft kiss on each of them. He then took her to the door, heading out, fingers intertwined.

“Oh, Hyung! Waa. Lucky you didn’t give me a heart attack! What are you doing here?”

“Oh, Jin ah… I... I… wanted to get…. the guitar I left here yesterday.”  Stammered Hyesung.

“Are you ok? Why are you stammering? Anyway, see you later dinner. Andy’s place right?” They walked away, Arisu looking shy as her hands were still being held tightly by Junjin. 

Hyesung still has not talked to her. But at that moment, she couldn’t care less. She had a man by her side, someone strong so that she could lean on. She leaned closer towards him as he took her out for lunch.