Chapter 6

You were mine to begin with

Andy woke up first out of the bunch sleeping all over his house. He showered and began cleaning up the place. Eric soon woke up too. He saw Andy throwing away the rubbish from yesterday and stood up, helping him. Andy looked at him, thinking.

“What?”

“I’ve just got an idea. Why don’t we all leave and let Hyesung Hyung talk to Arisu? We don’t prepare breakfast or anything.”

“That’s good and all, but what about Jinnie? He’d want to spend the day with her again.”

“The gym. I’ll bring him there. I don’t care. She’s keeping quiet about it but I can tell she’s hurting”

Eric prodded Minwoo and just for fun, he went to Dongwan and blew wind to his ears. They awake with a start. He signaled them to be quiet and explained the situation. The pair nodded, understanding the situation and with Eric, they left, leaving Andy with Junjin and Hyesung.

“Hyung, let’s go to the gym, help me work out. I’ve already told Arisu” Andy said when Junjin finally opened his eyes to look at Andy.

He nodded and headed to Arisu’s room, pausing to open the door. In the end, he opened it slowly and he saw her buried under the blanket, head only visible. Her hair was a mess yet she still looked beautiful. He was about to climb into her bed when he heard his name being called. He left the room with a sigh and went with Andy, listening to Andy saying that the other members who had woken up before them left to buy breakfast.

Half an hour later, Hyesung’s phone alarm filled the room and he woke with a start. He rubbed his forehead, looking around, puzzled at the missing members. He stood up and walked to the washroom, knocked into the table in the process and released a loud groan of pain. He rubbed his knees and was shocked to hear someone talking to him.

“Are you all right? What happened? Oppa, where are the others?”

It was Arisu. Her eyes were half opened and her hair in a mess.

“Don’t know,” He grunted. “Ahh, I’m hungry.”

Arisu smiled. She went to the kitchen and busied herself. She made coffee and started cooking rice and cutting vegetables. Hyesung wandered in the kitchen and observed her, smiling at her fast hands, even though she just woke up.

He took out a cigarette and placed it in his mouth.

“No. Not in front of food. Not when you just wake up. You’ll spoil that voice of yours.” Arisu said in a low voice, taking the piece of cigarette already in his mouth. “Go and shower. Food will be ready by then.”

He looked at her, not satisfied at being told what to do. But being told at with a voice so soft yet so clearly, he could feel how serious she was. And so he showered, taking his time. When he was done, just like she said the food was ready on the table. He just stood there staring at it.

Arisu saw him standing by the table, eyeing the food. But she was taking in his features at the same time. His wet hair falling to his face, the small nose and those pretty lips. He must have noticed her looking at him so intently because he too was now looking at her.

“Why?”

“No. You just remind me of someone. Let’s eat”

There was no mistake that she was the one. The Kimbab she made tasted so familiar. It was the abundance of sesame oil and sesame seed that stood out. It tasted how it did years back. With a smile on his face, he ate it, shaking his wet hair, as if that would make it dry.

“Ya! Stop it! You’re going to make me wet!” 

Hyesung grabbed her left hand, “Did you cut yourself?”

“It’s nothing. The knife just slipped. Why, are you worried?”

The honest answer was yes, but all he could do was to release her hand and continue eating. How could he tell her that for the past month, he had been observing her? From what she wore to what she was saying, he could recall everything about her that happened the past month. He remembered when she leaned on Junjin, his heart unknowingly started to ache.

 “Oppa, did you hear me?”

“What? Sorry, I was…”

“I was asking, why didn’t you talk to me before? Did I do something wrong?”

Hyesung chewed on his food, thinking carefully what to tell her.

“No, you didn’t. I just...hmmm... I was… preoccupied… whenever you were around. I didn’t want to talk to you in a bad mood I guess.”

The door chose to open at this moment and three men walked in.

“Pilgyo ya! You’re awake! Ohooo... and eating. Wah, Eric ah, we should have stayed and let Arisu cook. Are there more kimbab? Arisu? Are you ok?”

She looked at Hyesung, eyes piercing through him, not believing what she heard. Andy and Junjin walked in at this time.

“Pilgyo- shi. Did you say Pilgyo, Dongwan Oppa?”

“I finally found you, Arisu shi. After 20 years. I have just one question. The two months, where did you go?”

Arisu stood up, leaving everyone speechless and walked to her room.