Chapter 5

You were mine to begin with

Chapter 5:

“NO! Noooo! Arisu! Why him? Hahaha! Just kidding! Jin ah. You hurt a single strand of her hair and I’ll spill all your dirty secrets to your dad,” Eric warned.

“Oppa, what are you, 6?” Arisu rolled her eyes, laughing. One of Junjin’s hands s through and wrapped it around her hips, pulling her closer to him. She stiffened at first, thinking that it was too soon to show any PDA, but the warmth of his body is so tempting that she caved in. She could feel his heart beating against her body. She placed her head on his broad chest, her breathing getting heavier and her eyelids getting heavy.

“Hey, don’t sleep yet. You should eat dinner first,” He whispered to her ear. Turning his head to Eric he asked, “Hyung, where are the rest?”

“Dongwan and Minwoo are on the way. Hyesung should be here now, but I don’t know. He’s been quiet lately. It’s a bit strange.”

Arisu became alert once more. Her body tensed up at the name. Junjin felt her tensed up and hugged her. Arisu allowed him to hug her but then pushed him away. She pecked him on the cheeks and headed towards the kitchen. She stood in front of Andy and Eric and spoke to them in a low voice.

“Does… Does Hyesung Oppa… you know, hate me?”

“Ya! Don’t go sprouting nonsense! He’s probably having a hard time with his solo work, that’s all. Has he talked to you yet? ”

“No. But Oppa, he doesn’t even want to talk to me. Andy ya. What do you think?”

“I agree with Hyung. Just go and talk to him when you have the time okay. Don’t worry too much. But, I have something to talk to about.”

Andy’s eye became way too serious for her comfort. He put down the knife, shifting his gaze from the fruits he had been cutting to Arisu. She knew this talk would happen sooner or later.  

“You and Junjin Hyung. Number one, you are like my sister. Whatever it is I’ll be by your side. You know that I love you. Number two, Junjin is my Hyung. He’s like a brother to me. You need to understand this, I work with him. I really don’t want to be in between all of this. ”

Eric busied himself, turning his body away from the two of them, avoiding the tensed atmosphere. Arisu eyed him, listening to Andy at the same time. He took random things from the fridge and she wondered what he was going to do with it. Junjin walked in the kitchen and gave Arisu a back hug.

“Andy ya, don’t worry. I can’t promise you anything about our relationship, but this I can. Whatever happens, we’ll make sure you won’t be the awkward one in the middle.”

“Thank you but I’m not done, Hyung. Number 3, whatever you guys try to keep it away from me. No such thing as coming to me complaining that his kiss isn’t good enough or something.” He shuddered from that thought.

“Tsk, why would she? Come, let’s give it a try, Arisu- yaa~”

Arisu was half fighting, half playing with Junjin, pushing him away to avoid the kiss from happening in front of Andy. The door opened and the other members entered noisily. They entered the kitchen with their hands full of beer and soju. Hyesung caught the couple laughing and holding each other happily and turned his attention to Eric.

“Ya! What are you doing?”

Eric turned and in his mouth were cucumber and carrot sticks sticking out with two cherry tomatoes hidden badly by his upper lips. Everyone laughed before setting up the table and having dinner together.

All of them were sitting lazily in front of the TV after dinner, beer cans and soju bottles everywhere. Junjin was already asleep on the couch, arms around Arisu who was beside him. Around them everyone was just lying on the floor or the couch, watching a movie. Eric and Andy were side by side sharing a pillow. Dongwan sat on the couch legs stretched out. Minwoo had his legs across Hyesung’s tummy.

Hyesung finally pushed it away, stood up and stretched. He grabbed his box of cigarettes and headed to the balcony. Arisu eyed him. Junjin was deep asleep. She slowly stood up, trying not to stir him up and followed him out. She stood beside him at the balcony.

“Hey,” she started off weakly.

He looked at her wearily. Not now. He was trying his best to avoid her. Did she forget about him completely? He took a deep, slow drag and blew the smoke out. He wanted to avoid the upcoming conversation as much as possible.

“Op… Oppa. Eung. How are you lately?”

Oh my God. How lame. But she didn’t know any other way to begin the conversation. She could feel his cold attitude radiating out towards her. He continued staring out, looking at the buildings, avoiding her. She decided to give another go.

“Oppa, that was your guitar that I used this morning, right? Can I…”

“Ask Junjin. He has a guitar too. Isn’t he your boyfriend? Why are you coming to me?”

Tears start to from in Arisu’s eyes.

“Ok. I get it. You don’t have to be mean. Fine, I won’t talk to you at all.”

She couldn’t walk in, her eyes were getting red. The other members inside would notice and things could get complicated. She stood further away from him, hiding the tears away. She was crying out of anger. Hyesung saw it from the corners of his eyes, guilt filling him up. He threw the cigarette away and approached her, giving her a tight hug.

Arisu’s eye opened wide at the hug. Shock replaced anger and the next thing she knew, she was crying at his shoulders. He held her even closer, shushing her and began to her hair slowly. His eyes were also starting to sting. Arisu felt his heavy breathing against her and responded to the hug. Something was disturbing him, she knew it but she did not know what. They stood there, in each other’s embrace, rocking slightly for quite some time. It felt natural, like they were meant for each other.

“This is wrong. You’re my dongsaeng’s girlfriend,” Hyesung whispered and the peaceful atmosphere moments ago disappeared in a flash. He held her in an arm length away and looked at her, a small smile finally etched in his face.

“Sorry.”

“Don’t be. I was being mean.”

“Yea. I’m not sorry. Oppa, you look better with a smile on your face.” A smile now plastered on Arisu’s face.

She stepped into the house once more, everyone asleep at their positions. She slowly made her way across the room and sat beside Junjin. He looked peaceful, she noticed. She intertwined her fingers with his and squeezed it. He started to stir. He squeezed it back lightly, giving her a smile. Then he noticed the other members all asleep on the floor and Dongwan was asleep, mouth opened on the couch.

“You should sleep, come. Let’s go to your room.” Hands still together, he took her to her room. Hyesung chose that moment to come in.

“Oh, you’re going to sleep? Goodnight.” Hyesung said softly, eyes on their hands.

Arisu nodded and Junjin smiled, now standing behind her giving her a back hug. They moved towards her room in that position.

“Did you smoke?” Junjin asked suddenly, his face crumpled.

“No. I accompanied Hyesung Oppa just now.” Seeing his face still crumpled, she leaned in for a kiss. She felt him being shocked at first and then he relaxed, kissing her back, passionately. Then they both pulled away, their breath ragged, but both smiling.

“Sorry, but your privacy is going to be intruded by 6 guys constantly. Hahaha. Now, go to sleep. I’ll be outside. Wake me up for anything okay.” He gave a quick peck on her cheek and walked out. Pausing at the door, he smiled and said “ya, that kiss… I don’t think there’s any complain to tell Andy right?”

Arisu rolled in her bed and bit her lips; the aftermath of the kiss still lingered there. As her eyes closed, glad at what happened throughout the whole day, she still couldn’t help feeling that there was more between her and Hyesung.