Chapter 10

You were mine to begin with

He stood at her door and then heard it closed behind it. Andy must have requested a private room for her. He looked at her. Her head was bandaged but her face still has the smile that he remembered from twenty years back. Her body was refusing any huge movement but her eyes still sparkled, looking at him earnestly. He then saw it getting wet and she began to blink rapidly, trying to avoid crying in front of him.

Hyesung walked towards her and whispered no, wiping the tears away. He held her hand, recognizing the feeling which he had hours ago, the feeling when he was holding on to her dear life. They held each other’s hand in silence, looking at each other for a long period of time before Arisu finally decided to break the silence.

“Did you smoke?” She asked. Her voice small yet her tone as serious as ever.

“That’s the first thing you’re saying to me?” His eyebrows raised, “You’re not going to ask me if I’m all right?”

“You are supposed to ask me that Oppa. I’m lying on the bed with my head bandaged. Stop smoking so much. I can smell you over here.” There was another silence and Hyesung released her hand to prepare his small bed beside hers but Arisu broke the silence once more.  “Oppa, don’t let go. Not yet. I want to remember this hold forever.”

“Don’t worry. You can hold on to this hand, now, later and forever. You were mine to begin with. Since twenty years back.” And he her arm with his fingers, smiling wide.

The nurse came into the room, preparing Arisu’s medicine. He told Hyesung that visiting hours are over and asked him if he was staying. Hearing yes, the nurse told Hyesung the time that nurses would come in and check on Arisu. He nodded indicated that he understood and proceeded to set up his bed while the nurse place the medicine on Arisu’s table and he left, informing that he would come back to collect it.

“I hope he’s my permanent nurse. He looks cute.”

Hyesung glared at her, “What?”

“Hahaha. Oppa, I’m joking. Are you really that jealous? How jealous must you be when I was with Junjin Oppa?”

Hyesung saw that laughing had hurt her. Her head must have been injured badly. “That’s why I kept avoiding. Eat your medicine, you must be hurting.”

“I want to talk. Eating that will make me sleep.”

“You can talk to me when you get better. I need you to sleep, to rest, please. Now.”

“Oppa, I can hear you the whole time after the crash. I can’t answer you then. And all I wanted to do was to stop crying. I’m sorry.” Arisu said, ignoring what Hyesung requested.

She managed to sit up, looking straight at Hyesung. Hyesung looked back at her gaze, realizing only then that her eyes were hazel in color. He did not know what to say to her and hugged her softly, afraid that it would hurt her. Arisu placed her heavy head on his shoulder and she could still smell him, full of cigarettes. She liked it. At least she knew it was him. But she wanted to change that about him.

Hyesung managed to get her to eat the medicine and true enough, she fell asleep not long after. He held her hand until she fell asleep, eyes on her, observing her chest heaving and eyelid drooping. How he had survived the past twenty years without this, he did not know. All he knew was that he had this now and he was not going to give it up.

Every day, the members came, bringing joy to the room. Arisu was always listening to them, teasing whenever she had the chance. Andy was more overprotective of her, nagging at her at almost every moment; whenever she took her medicine late or when she moved too much or when she ate too little. Sometimes, he nagged at her when she was not doing anything, thinking that she should at least exercise to recover.

“Oh my god, Andy! You sound like a mum! I’m never going to marry you!” Minwoo said finally, causing everyone to laugh.

Junjin came too, making Arisu laugh, holding her hand and Hyesung smiled at them. Junjin was special to him too and he understood why Arisu saw him as someone special. He could not stop their friendship. Arisu looked at Hyesung once, when she was holding Junjin’s hand and she caught him staring with a smile. She smiled too, loving Hyesung more than she ever could.

“Oppa, bring your guitar for me please.” She asked Junjin.

“Oh, why? Hyesung would love it if you used his.”

“Because I want my first song here to be composed using your guitar. It’s… special.”

Junjin brought his guitar and Arisu played her finished song in front of all of them.

“This song is called Stay. And I wrote because of the few special people I know here.”

Once the song ended, everyone had smiles on their face and Minwoo looked at Eric. “I think we should use this for our return album, shouldn’t we? Arisu- shi. Would you sell this song to us?”

“Sell? NO WAY! Cause this is my gift to you. All of you, for making my life brighter.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ending's a bit lame isn't it? One of my huge flaws. I hate endings. Cause in life, there is no ending, right? Untill you die that is. Anyway, I tried not to hurt Junjin that bad. kekeke. It hurt me too, to hurt him :O 
Hope you enjoyed my first fanfic. (**sorry it was a little too fast! I keep thinking that it was getting too draggy every time! Will review my pacing for my next fic!) 

Having a lot of free time recently, gonna improve my ideas for TV drama by putting it in fanfic first and see how it goes. 

LOVE!