Second

Will you be my coffee pot?

PS : By the time you read this, everytime you read a new one, it means that I currently am having a major issue. Since writing is my only escape so here we go again. The timeline of this story is random. You can decide it your self. But this is still their past. Present will comes soon, and after that future. If they would end up have had any. 

 

"You reminds me so much of him. My friend, he was kind of a brother for me. We were like this to go around and have drinks. Just like this." Seunghyun while smiling, one day when they were hanging out.

Jiyong just smiled. He doesn't understand, isn't it weird? That he resemble someone out there? Someone that used to be so close to Seunghyun. Someone that makes Seunghyun remember that person's face and all when he saw Jiyong's.

"And he also liked to listen to hip hop. Just like you. Just like me. I like Kanye the most, oh and Rihanna."

"Mine's fav are ne-yo and Chris Brown. Miss independent is the , you know. And I love take a bow."

"Yeah, me too." Seunghyun closed the conversation as they walked to the class together.

 

One day become two and three and become seven

Weeks past and they are growing apart

Friends comes and go

Nothing stays the same, Jiyong thought.

Seunghyun got more friends, some are girls some are boys, some older some younger.

Jiyong is flipping away too.

But Seunghyun was glad that Jiyong is happy.

Seunghyun was glad to see that Jiyong smiled a lot. That maybe Jiyong is comfortable that way with is friends rather than stays with him, and his circle of friends.

 

Semesters passed

and they keep sharing some classess.

Jiyong is still being Seunghyun's classmate

and Seunghyun is still being Jiyong's classmate

But they didn't sit next to each other anymore

Seunghyun can't knocked Jiyong's knee anymore

Seunghyun can't lean his knee to Jiyong's anymore

It's not that Jiyong doesn't let him, Jiyong has always let him

But the situation, it's different now

 

He got new friends, Jiyong got new friends

Assignments and school is getting harder

Obstacle here and there

But he made sure he talked to Jiyong everyday

Every morning

And he knew all to well that Jiyong was waiting for him to asked him things, because truthfully Jiyong wanted to talk and stay close to Seunghyun too. Jiyong longed for Seunghyun.

 

It's not that Seunghyun mind, not hanging out with Jiyong.

But he miss it so much, the time when it was just the two of them.

Out for lunch during the break, only two of them

Watching Jiyong ate his food

Watching Jiyong talked

Watching Jiyong ate fish-shaped ice cream

Watching Jiyong dropped a spoon 

Watching Jiyong.

 

Jiyong missed it too, so much.

But he can't say it, he won't say it.

What if Seunghyun doesn't feel the same?

What if I'm the only one who feel that way?

It doesn't make sense, because he knew Seunghyun has a whole lot of better friends, prettier, smarter, more beautiful, who dress well just kike Seunghyun him self, who walked in class, who carry Birkin and wears heels and snapbacks and different sneakers everyday. Who are better than Jiyong. So much better.

So Jiyong stayed to his friends who accepted them for who he is and he was. 

and Seunghyun understands that. He always understand.

 

He's been watching and observing

one object

one person

Jiyong

Jiyong

and

Jiyong

 

 

Seunghyun was crazy, and head over sneakers, but he doesn't got the courage to tell Jiyong the truth

Jiyong too, he was crazy and want Seunghyun too. But he is afraid. Afraid of rejection, afraid of unrequited love, afraid of what-if, afraid of Seunghyun's mixed signal and everything. And it drives him crazy. He is upset. Really upset.

 

Seunghyun sat next to Jiyong one afternoon. 

He was happy he can get close to Jiyong, because Jiyong's one and only friend was absent.

"Do I really have to do that? Do I really need that?" Jiyong asked

"Yeah. Come on, give me a paper." 

So Jiyong handed him the paper and the pen, and Seunghyun wrote.

He wanted to see Jiyong's gummy smile and want to hear Jiyong's laugh.

He missed it so bad.

 

One glance at Jiyong, Seunghyun writes

Kind, oh so kind, too kind for his own good

One glance at Jiyong, Seunghyun writes

Moody

One glance at Jiyong, Seunghyun writes

Clever

One glance at Jiyong, Seunghyun writes

Brilliant

One glance at Jiyong, Seunghyun writes

Dilligent

 

He wanted to write beautiful, gorgeous and lovely so badly but he can't

He was afraid that he stepped or crossing the line of this friendship

 

Jiyong was amazed when he read it

but he smiled and said  "Thank you, Seunghyun."

Jiyong couldn't believe it that Seunghyun knew him

That Seunghyun even knew that he is moody when he didn't realize it him self

Seunghyun made Jiyong so curious he somehow can't sleep at night, for thinking what would happen tomorrow when they meet at school. What would Seunghyun wear? What would he say? What would he do? Will he ask me to eat lunch again with him?

 

So many things left unsaid

So many questions left unaswered

 

"Have you heard Rihanna's new song?"

"The one when she got a longer version then Eminem?"

"Yeah. I like it, Eminem was hot."

"Thank you."

"Why? What for"

"For that, thank you for the compliment."

"I said Eminem was hot, not Seunghyun was hot."

"Whatever Ji, just admit it that you think I'm hot."

"Cocky bastard." Jiyong cursed and they looked into each other's eyes and burst into laughter.

 

Jiyong was happy

Seunghyun was happy too

 

He made sure he talked a lot to Jiyong, he even made excuses just to call Jiyong. On the other end of the phone, Jiyong was crazy, his heart beats so fast, he can't think straight when he saw Seunghyun's name on his phone. Seunghyun always asked Jiyong first, because he knew Jiyong was shy. He a lot so he could see Jiyong got all red and lost his mind, because he loves the sounds of Jiyong's laughter. He was thinking to record it when they were on phone but that would be creepy.

 

"Helo, this is Seunghyun."

"Yes, I save your number idiot, what's up?"

"It's hmmm have u done it? the math assignment?"

"I did but I haven't finished it, how about you?"

"I've been meaning to ask but can we meet, I know you're good at this, so please teach me."

"Okay"

"Okay, when will you'll be free?"

"I have no class on friday but"

"Okay friday, I have class from the afternoon but we will figure it out?"

"Yeah, we will figure it out."

 

Seunghyun can't stop smiling. Jiyong was like that too, he lost his mind whenever he heard Jiyong's voice over the phone, whenever he saw Jiyong, whenever Jiyong asked him things, whenever Jiyong talked to him, or when Jiyong just looked at him in his eyes and smile for minutes. Seunghyun didn't want to let go of it, looking into Jiyong's eyes and smiled at him and Jiyong can't to but he have to. So he looked a little bit longer, and walked away.

 

Seunghyun was happy that Jiyong finally recognized him.

That Jiyong finally do something.

Did something.

 

 

Seunghyun was a man of questions, he never got bored to ask Jiyong this and that. Just to make sure he talked first to Jiyong.

How was your weekend?

What will you do tomorrow since we will have no class?

Why can't you eat spicy things? It's not even that spicy

Have you done this and that?

What are you doing? Facebook? or messaging with your friends?

 

He still does when it's their last year of school. Until he got tired, of Jiyong's lack of responds. Of Jiyong's blank state. Of Jiyong's apathy. Of Jiyong's demons. Of people looking at Jiyong, of Jiyong's friends. Of people who is interested with Jiyong.

 

He didn't want to see it.

He hated it.

The way Jiyong looked at his friend, in the eye and smile at him

Just like the way Jiyong looked at Seunghyun

 

Until one day when he saw it by his own eyes during their third year

He saw it, that guy, Jiyong's new friend whispering things to Jiyong's ear

and Jiyong giggled, laughed. Jiyong looked so happy.

Seunghyun's got mad.

He can't think straight

He can't stop staring from a far

He want to be that person, to stay close and stand next to Jiyong, to made him happy, to be the reason of his laugh, to write love on his arms.

 

Jiyong saw him too, Seunghyun looked so angry.

Jiyong doesn't care. It's not that he doens't care, he is just can't take the damage that Seunghyun caused anymore. One day he flirted and talked and smiled and almost touched or grabbed Jiyong's hands and one day he saw Seunghyun did that too, flirted with others. He can't trust anything anymore. So he skipped it. He tried so hard not to look at Seunghyun, to not stare at him, to not want to talk to him, to not smile at him, to looked away. And he is success eventhough he is hurting alone, at least it's okay. It's better this way, better than blatantly show Seunghyun his feelings when he knew Seunghyun was just playing. He is just another boy to Seunghyun, he knew and believe.

 

Just a replacement of someone he used to called as his brother

Just a back up friends when Seunghyun's friends wasn't aroung

Just another friend for the very popular and perfect Seunghyun

 

 

 

In the end, They never figured it out.

Seunghyun was hurt, he got caught in his friendship and hang out and his activities and other hobbies

He forgot all of his promise

He forgot to bring Jiyong a danbo

He forgot to call Jiyong back when he told he wanted to ask about homework

He forgot to grab lunch with Jiyong

He forgot to take Jiyong to a pizza place that he wanted Jiyong to eat

He forgot to bring Jiyong that fish-shaped ice cream

 

 

Seunghyun didn't know that Jiyong was waiting

And it hurts.

so Jiyong decided to forget him too.

He decided to forget Seunghyun, and everything that happened and might have happened.