Eleven

Will you be my coffee pot?

* I had a date? (Can I even called it a date?). Well I met up with someone last week, and days after that, we stopped talking -  just like that. I've been thinking where to channel all of these thoughts so here we go with the 11th. Hope you'll still enjoy this - a few more chapters and then we'll be done. 

We all are in need of closure, don't we? *

 

 

 

 

He's awake.

Jiyong is awake.

He barely said anything back to the kind doctor who saved Jiyong's life cos the only thing that he thought was that he needs to see him right now.

So he rushed to Jiyong's room and when he got inside, there was his parents and his sis. Suddenly he felt awkward cos it's not like he's welcome here. But then he saw Jiyong's mom smile and gestured him to the bed so he walked there.

"Hi, how are you feeling, Jiyong?"

"Fine I guess."

"Good, do you need anything? I might went to canteen downstairs if you want fruits maybe?"

"It's okay -  I don't want anything."

"Okay, good. I umm. I'll let you sleep then."

"Mom said you stay everynight in here?"

"Yes, I was really worried about you and I just want to see you when you wake up. And then now you're awake and I'm way more than glad, Jiyong."

"Since I am awake and okay now, you don't need to be here anymore, don't you?"

 

Seunghyun was confused.

Was Jiyong cracked his head that bad? That he resent Seunghyun that much?

And then he saw Jiyong changed his position facing the wall and slept, just like that.

What did I do wrong - Why was he like that when I actually thinking to confess everything and to keep him safe by my side?

Does Jiyong needs space? Really? After all these months that Seunghyun spent for him - he is not welcomed here then.

 

 

Just when Seunghyun said his goodbye to Jiyong's family and closed the door, he feels tears are on their way.

He walked slowly and tried to get himself together, so that at least he'll prevent himself to cry in public. Then he heard footsteps, and someone grabbed his hands - Jiyong's mom.

"I asked him to tell you that, I wanted you guys to stop being friends. Jiyong doesn't need friends, he needs to only be close to us. We'll take him for his recovery by ourselves. You don't need to come anymore."

"But I still want to be friends with him. We were best friends, Mrs. Kwon!"

"You know what's best for him don't you, he needs support system, he might look normal physically but he's not mentally okay. He needs us and he needs to be less stressed. He isn't gonna attend school anymore. I think I should at least let you know. Thank you for all your help and goodbye, Seunghyun. You are a good friend, don't you?"

 

 

 

Is that it?

Seunghyun never understand how time works, but he is sure that his and Jiyon's never collides.

He walked, walked, walked until his legs gave up and when he raised his head it's midnight already.

The moon was hiding behind the clouds. Bet it's going to rain soon. He's been sitting in this bench for hours while watching how people around him come and go, passing by.

He wonders why are they searching for? Why some people go to the left and why some people go to the right? Why people come with hellp and then go as they like without even saying goodbye?

His head is spinning from the constant thinking and replaying Jiyong's and his mom's words. He was excited and he used to practised his speech. How he would tell Jiyong about his feelings when he's awake. Perhaps expectation never gonna collides with the reality.

So he sat and stayed there.

He still can't accepted this.

Why would Jiyong's family do this? Where would they take him? What should he do now that he can't even meet Jiyong? How can you meet someone when he doesn't even wanted to?? Is Jiyong's parents hate him? Maybe that's why they made Jiyong stopped college? 

 

 

 

Seunghyun never knew.

The more he thinks, the more it gets even more complicated.

But after all it was Jiyong's words that cuts him the most. 

The way Jiyong acted that he was never matter. That they weren't even friends to begin with.

 

 

Seunghyun did his best, he pretend nothing ever happened. He pretend he didn't miss his best friend. He pretend that it didn't kill him when it still does.

Time goes fast and he made out off the hell called school. He never know where Jiyong is right now but he thinks at least his family is taking a good care of him that he would never be lonely now. He hopes Jiyong is okay cos he really does want it. He wanted Jiyong to be okay and happy. And if his parents wanted him to stay out of the picture then he will do it. And that's what he's been doing.

 

It was his college graduation day, and college students were all over the place. He wonders what would he and Jiyong do if they graduate together now? Will they make up? Will they talk and came back as friends? 

He might never know.

Beside his friendship with Jiyong was complicated.

He was sure there was something between them but maybe because he was just being hopeful, hopeful that Jiyong would have been liking him back.

 

He was taking pictures with his classmate and then he heard Youngbae and Kyungil were talking cheerfully that Jiyong sent video calls for them to congratulates them. Avoiding the heartbreak, Seunghyun chose to left the crowd and went to grab cold drinks at the vending machine. Suddenly Youngbae was near him, they end up walking together to grab drinks.

 

"You miss him, don't you."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Here, go watch it."

 

Seunghyun was hesistant at first but he thought just this once. He won't let his heart sink any lower than this. He sat in the university's lobby with and then he watched the vid, with Youngbae playing it for him. 5seconds and he's already a mess. It was Jiyong's Vlog. He stays in LA right now, his favourite city - working as creative director of a fashion magazine , a dream and ambition that he used to shared with Seunghyun before Jiyong got so avoidant and tired of living.

 

Just like that the video ends with Jiyong in pink hair sending congratulations to Youngbae, Kyungil, Daesung and other people's name that he recognized but never once he heard his name ever being said by Jiyong.

 

Not only he didn't get a goodbye before but now he didn't even deserves a congratulations from the object of his affection. Suddenly he feels so alone in the room full of familiar with people. Even Youngbae's "it's okay" "I bet he miss you too, he just can't betrayed his family" couldn't comfort him. But at least he knew now that Jiyong is happy and full of life.