Ten

Will you be my coffee pot?

*Come and Lie by Jhameel would be perfect as a background song for this chapter. Hope you all enjoy this as much as I do. Thank you for the subs and comments. This chapter's timeframe is right after the 7th chapter. P.S : I once think that this story will make sense if character death happened but I have no heart to make Jiyong suffers more. P.P.S : I figured this is still a long way to go? since we haven't got to the coffee part of the story yet."

 

 

 

 

He never wanted to smoke this bad. He thinks that he might as well walk and burn a stick or two.

Everything started to take its toll on him. So he decided to take a walk and stay around the park downstairs.

December has never been this cold.

His joints hurts.

He senses a headache coming too. Maybe he also needs a hot cup of espresso now.

It was hard to maintain this lifestyle, sitting in for lectures and then fly as soon as possible to stay with Jiyong thru the night - and then he's going to change at home and then he's off to class again.

 

Dark thoughts enveloping him.

It's been 7 months and the best movement that Jiyong ever did was getting an almost heart attack in the early april. His heart was beating rapidly and the doctor said it's a relief. Jiyong might develop a if he continue having this attack. So up until now, Seunghyun waits and stays with Jiyong - he is afraid that if Jiyong really had gone and he wasn't there, he can-t even forgive himself.

 

It's not once that he thought and dreamt that Jiyong was dead.

He cries at night sometimes, he's never a fighter towards the darkness. Because when it hit, he surrenders and hang low. That's why he avoided Jiyong and everyone during their 3rd year of uni cos he got bad too, well not as bad as Jiyong but it was tiring. He didn't see any point of meeting up with people and their bulls so he pushed people away. 

 

But now that they are on their last year, his only focus was his final project so that he can escape this college dungeon and can start making money. He started to open up and rearrange meets up with his friends too and they welcomed him - dearly.Just when he thought things gets better, he heard that news at noon about Jiyong's accident. He stromed and ran to his might and found that Jiyong looked was so small and beaten up, laying alone in his hospital bed like that.

 

*

 

It's hard to maintain his schedule. When his mom asked why he rarely go home, he kept telling lies to them. But eventually she found out. Dongwhi told everything about Jiyong's condition and he remembers that she suddenly show up in front of his apartment door. So he let her in, she didn't say anything but she just engulfed him in this bear hug and he was confused, then finally all hell broke and he cried in her arms.

 

When he regained his calm, his mom look at him with this concern. He almost feel awful for not visiting her in months.

"I'm sorry, I should have come sooner. I just, it's just.."

His mom smiles at him and suddenly he feels lighter. "I know how much Jiyong meant to you but you should take care of yourself too. And I am sorry I hope Jiyong would wake up soon. How are you feeling? You look exhausted."

"Why are you avoiding me, son?"

"I don't know how to tell you this mom but the moment I left his hospital room, I got so nervous so I end up staying there and barely went home. I am afraid that if he's gone mom, I won't be able to see him for the last time and if he wake up, I won't be the first person that he meet. This is so hard. - And I know I promise that there are no gap and we all gonna be honest with everything mom but I wasn't ready to let you know that I think I am in love with him." 

He didn't know why his mouth is failing him cos he can't grasp the fact that he just came out to his mom about his own bestfriend so if he figured if mom would hate him, he will accept it.

The silence was defeaning and he had no guts to look at his mom's face and then he heard it - "I knew it even before you think about it, Seunghyun. The way you look at him, when he visited our home - it wasn't the way friends look at each other. Go see him now and tell him everything even if he's still in a coma, I bet it will give him strength."

 

He was speechless so he hugged her so hard cos he's thankful to whichever Gods that he is blessed with such a strong and open-minded mom like her. He end up visiting Jiyong with his mom. She prayed for him and wish him speed recovery so he can wake up soon and meet Seunghyun.

 

*

 

This is his third stick, and he can't help but think about his mom. Maybe he should call her tomorrow. He wonders how is Jiyong's parents doing too though, he never really talked much with them. They lived outside the city so they ensure Jiyong's safety with Seunghyun. That was also why Seunghyun stay with Jiyong during the night cos his parents can't always be present.

 

He wonders how many sticks would he burn during his stay in here until Jiyong wake up? How long should he wait? How many more packs that should he smoke until he wakes up? How many sleepless night and cracked joints until he can be stressless knowing that Kwon Jiyong is okay again? He might never know.

 

Once he got back to Jiyong's room, there were two nurses and one doctor. They said it's another attack and then his brain reconnect dots that Jiyong might get so he was panicked and all he managed to speak was a scream. He kept screaming Jiyong's name while hoping thay Jiyong might wake up and come back.

 

He's been waiting outside the room for hours and his anxiety is killing him. He hope nothing bad happened to Jiyong. A part of him wanted Jiyong to wake up too. Maybe Jiyong is tired of laying down that's why he was rebeling and got an attack earlier.

 

The doctor approached Seunghyun and he heard the words that he had been wanting to hear -

"As I told you before, Kwon Jiyong is a survivor, a fighter. He is finally awake, go see him."