Chapter 07 - Getting to Know You

Loving From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He smiled at me. A big bright smile that made my heart beat faster. You know those kinds of moments where he finds you in a crowd and he smiled as your eyes met. The moonlight and the bonfire shine on his face. I thought that it was the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen. Better than the posters or  the album covers. It’s simply incomparable.

 

I blinked, making sure that Big Bang’s G-Dragon is really walking towards me. I made a quick effort to flatten my hair.

 

“Yoona-ssi,” he greeted.

 

I cleared my throat before replying, “Jiyong-ssi.”

 

He sat beside me on the worn out log. I didn’t look at him, I’m afraid I won’t be able to control the smile threatening to break out on my face. My freakin’ idol is sitting beside me!!! I settled on observing the others.

 

The girls and the two maknaes were running around, probably playing around a game of It. Taeyang oppa was getting a beer while Seunghyun oppa is nowhere around, probably inside changing clothes. Seungri oppa poured beer over TOP oppa’s clothes earlier. He was scary when he’s mad.

 

“So you’re a princess?” Jiyong-ssi spoke. My jaw dropped. Ugh, CL and her big mouth.

 

I tucked away stray hair from my face. “Omo, it’s not like that!

 

Then he looked at me, “you know it’s really unfair how you know a hell lot about me and I don’t know anything about you.”

 

OMG. I blushed and bit my lip to hide my smile. “There’s really nothing to tell.”

 

“Oh come on! Did you cry on your first day of day care? How did you celebrate your 18th birthday?” He handed me a beer.

 

I raised a brow, “can you handle your beer today?” I joked. He didn’t look amused. “Okay, I’ll answer your questions as long as you answer mine.”

 

“Yep. I’m down with that. I’ll go first. When you’re not going to Big Bang activities, what do you do?”

 

It was a good question. “What do you mean, what do I do? Stalking you guys is a 24/7 job you know.” I bumped his shoulder playfully. He smiled a little.

 

“C’mon, be serious.”

 

“Arasso.” I exhaled. “Seriously, I help Soo and Yul run their companies. Well, I spend their companies’ money.” I chuckled, Jiyong-ssi raised an eyebrow. “It’s an inside joke. My parents are partners of both companies and they wanted me to be involved. I told them I won’t go in the business path, that’s my brother’s job. They insisted I become involve so I agreed as long as I get to choose which part I get to be in. That would be the companies’ foundation. I basically built it. I interview kids in indigenous places whose parents can’t afford to fund their studies and if they are deserving, we give them scholarships, in turn, they have to render three years serving the companies and after that, it’s their choice if they wanted to stay on the company or leave. This year, our first batch of scholarship grantees are about to finish their service. Almost all of them chose to stay.” I finished with a smile.

 

“Awesome. That’s really a great job! But how do you know these kids are deserving? Like do they have to be smart or something?”

 

I shook my head. “They just have to have a dream. A passion. Motivation. Whatever you call it. That’s the qualification. Have that dream in mind, push for high grades and be generally a good person.”

 

He leaned into me, laying his elbows on his knees and stared. “What’s your passion? What motivates Im Yoona?”

 

I had to look away because I swear I am going to melt. I cleared my throat. “One question at a time. I answered like two already. That’s unfair. It’s my turn.”

 

“Shoot.”

 

I did not even pause to think. “What is Kwon Jiyong’s biggest fear?”

 

Jiyong-ssi took a swig of his beer before saying, “starting deep, huh?”

 

I shrugged.

 

“I.. am afraid of… See, I am hugely afraid of two things, first is…” He bit his lip. “Oh man, you ask hard questions. I am scared that someday all my hard work, all of it will be for nothing. That I will leave this world without nobody even mourning for my death or even something that will remember me by.”

 

“Oh oppa. That is so not true. You should know by now that you’ve touched so many hearts that they would do anything for you. No one will forget you, I mean, you’ve changed the face of Korean music. You helped and worked hard to make KPOP known to the entire world. It may not be your goal, Jiyong-ssi but you did. You poured your heart out on each songs and the world thanks you for that.”

 

Jiyong-ssi is staring at me, mouth open.

 

“What? Did I overreact? It’s true, y’know.”

 

“You called me oppa.”

 

“Huh? Wha—“ I think back to my little speech and found my mistake. “Oh. Is that the only thing you heard? Gaahd!”

 

“Of course not! I heard you. It’s just that you’ve never called me oppa before. But those four idiots you’ve always called them oppa.” He gestured to his ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter