Chapter 06 -Platonic Part I

Loving From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, Yoona’s been telling the story up until this point, huh?

It must have been fixated on her obsession to Jingyo oppa. B-O-R-I-N-G.

Trust me, I know what I’m talking about. I’ve been listening to it ever since she discovered G-Dragon is my labelmate. Yoona is also about to cross the line between being a really supportive fan to being a stalker. She knows how I feel about stalkers and  I think that that’s the only thing keeping her from being the ultimate sasaeng fan.

I really don’t know how to feel about this Yoona and Jiyong oppa thing. I mean, I’m happy that Yoona finally got the chance to get to know oppa. But knowing oppa, I’m afraid he’ll break her heart.

So to draw the line, I made it clear to Yoona that I’m not getting between them in this one and not ever.

Well, that was before I knew what was happening.

After the hugs and squeals from everyone, we all ate heartily and thanked Yuri and Sooyoung for the wonderful breakfast. I stayed at my room, ofcourse, where the girls followed me to help me unpack, leaving Big Bang to take care of the dishes. Yoongie took the opportunity to tell what conspired between her and Jingyo oppa ever since the yacht ride.

Harsh.

There’s no word to describe it. I can’t believe oppa would do that. Never in my wildest dreams had I thought GD oppa has it in him to hurt a girl.

They caught me up on the things that happened for the past two days. I noticed how Soo smiles when she’s talking about Daesung oppa. I can see how oppa can show her how to have fun. She and Yul had been too focused in their respective careers that Yoong and I are convinced they forgot how to let loose.

While Soo is adjusting fine, Yuri is struggling to let herself be relaxed. We’ve caught her staring at her laptop longingly as if wanting to check her emails. Just after breakfast, Yoona finally confiscated and buried the damn thing in the sand.

Young Bae oppa had asked Yuri to show her around and with our encouraging stares, she agreed. They’d be going out tomorrow since everyone is busy preparing for tonight’s shenanigan.

Yoona took the reins in the kitchen to bake me my favourite treats: red velvet cake and cookies & cream cupcakes. Seungri and Daesung oppas tailed her around as she tried to teach them how to bake. Instead, they played around, making a mess out of Yoona’s  perfectly measured ingredients. In the end, Yoona banned the two maknaes from the kitchen and made them bonfire duty. I stuck my tongue out at them when they passed me by and they retaliated by tickling me. Such children.

I found GD oppa outside on the short cliff overlooking the ocean. He was seated in the rock, with his notebook and pen perched on his lap.

“Wrote a line yet?” I asked as I sat beside him.

He shook his head, not even bothering to turn to me. “Why did I never knew that you have these three other best friends?”

Ahh. Why indeed. How come they know about my labelmates but my YG family don’t know them?

“They’re my escape. My window of normalcy despite our crazy careers. You know as well as I do that mixing them will never turn out well.”

“I wish I knew.” Jiyong oppa commented. He turned to me, “They’re pretty awesome.”

I grinned in pride. “They’re pretty and awesome. I know.”

“This island rocks too.” He said, “a private island. Why didn’t I think of that?”

I understood what oppa was talking about. An escape to everything. Away from the limelight, paparazzi, pressure and the stalkers.. “Have you been to Yoona’s? You can stay at hers and not get bored. Ever.”

He quickly turned to me. “What? What do you mean Yoona’s?”

I laughed. “You think it would be called the ‘Square Islands’ for just one island? We own one each.”

Jiyong’s eyes widened. “You have your own island?!”

I blushed and shrugged. “I may have forgotten to tell you, huh?”

“Are you kidding? How the hell did that happen?”

Why didn’t he know? Surely Yul and the others told the about it? “How can you not know?”

“I don’t know.” He threw his arms up. “All I know is that this is Sooyoung-ssi’s island.”

“Arasso…” And I told him about it..

When we were around 17 years old, training at YG took a toll on me, take note that being yelled at by your trainers is not reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter