Love Beyond Expectation

Love Beyond Expectation

Chapter 5

 

“I swear to you, Jaejoong Oppa isn’t gay. He’s a playboy with a very long list of ex-girlfriends. He usually date more than one at a time & he always dumped them before they could reach the eight month mark. The only exception is Jessica. She dumped him before he had a chance to dump her.”

 

Yuri groaned & sat back on her chair. She felt so embarrassed that she jumped to conclusion & mistook Jaejoong for a gay guy. She looked at Tiffany & Yoona who sat in front of her, “You are absolutely sure?” Tiffany sighed & nodded her head confidently. Yoona grinned at Yuri & , “Yul, why are you asking such questions? What have you done to him? Or what has he done to you? Hey, why is your face turning red?” “Nothing.” Mumbled Yuri, her face turning hot, “I just felt bad for accusing him. I even told him not to flirt with Leeteuk Oppa. Oh my god, I must look like a fool.”

 

“Come on, spill it.” Tiffany smirked. Yoona nudged Yuri’s arm & arched her thick eyebrow.


“Oh, alright! He kissed me without my consent!” Yuri grumbled. Tiffany was speechless. Yoona’s brown, almond-shaped eyes widened & grinned, “Did you struggle to get out of his arms?” Yuri’s face turned redder & she pretended to check her nails.

 

Tiffany & Yoona burst out laughing. They had never seen Yuri blushed like this before but a sense of apprehension settled in her Tiffany’s gut, “Don’t get involved with him romantically, Yul, Yoon! I don’t want to see you two get hurt!” She warned.

 

Yoona smiled softly, “I’m not looking for romance, Fany, so don’t worry. I live my life only for Minseo. No one else could take Sumin’s place.”

 

Yuri squeezed Yoona’s hand in understanding. She looked at Tiffany & said teasingly, “Don’t worry, mom. I won’t fall for a playboy.”

 

Yuri walked back to her apartment, still thinking about her conversation with Tiffany, ‘Should I believe Jaejoong Oppa? Or Fany? What if she & Oppa is playing a joke on me? I should take the matter into my own hands. At least I have to make sure that Oppa isn’t gay. If he’s not gay then maybe I could excuses my reaction from his kiss but he sure is a good kisser. He could make my toes curl.’ She thought dreamily. Shocked by her own thoughts, Yuri shook her head strongly & unlocked her door.

 

Upon entering her living room, she noticed a red light blinking on her answering machine. She pressed the play button & in the process of taking her black softspots neima sandals off when Jaejoong’s voice boomed from the machine.


“Yuri, are you screening your call? We had a date tonight remember? At seven? Give me a call. Otherwise, I will pick you up at your place at seven & to remind you, I’m not gay. I’m very much attracted to you & I like you very much but you know that. Okay, see you later, sweet.”


‘He likes me? Does he really? Do I like him? Argh, I have got to make sure he’s straight first. Then I could think about the rest.’ Yuri thought.

 

Playing the message for a second time, Yuri pondered about Jaejoong’s request & her dilemma & smiled mischievously. She picked up the phone & made some phone calls.

 

Jaejoong was in seventh heaven. Yuri finally agreed to meet him at a club downtown at eight. He whistled while combing his hair. After his ritual had been completed, he looked at the mirror & nodded, pleased with & confident by his appearance. He went to where he parked his car & headed to the club, smiling all the way.

 

In front of the club, a lot of people queued to enter. Music blast from inside the club which made the people outside impatient to get in. At the very front of the long line, Yuri, who was there with her two friends, charmed the bouncer to let her in. Jaejoong saw the scene & frowned. He felt disturbed seeing Yuri flirting with someone else. He approached her & nudged her arm just as the bouncer lifted the rope & smiled at her, letting her enter the club. She grabbed Jaejoong’s arm & they went in.

 

Yuri & her friends were sitting at the corner of the club. Jaejoong was at the bar, getting their drinks. Yuri glanced at Jaejoong & seeing the crowded bar, she knew Jaejoong wouldn’t be back for quite some time. She grinned & signaled her friends to move closer as she laid out her plans. Her friends, Kai & Seohyun, grinned wickedly & nodded their heads excitedly.

 

Jaejoong walked back to their table with four glasses of margarita. He didn’t see anything unusual with Yuri talking excitedly with her friends. He put on his best smile & put the drinks on the table. Yuri, Kai & Seohyun immediately stopped talking & grabbed their drinks. Yuri winked at Seohyun from behind her glass, indicating that she should start their plan now.

 

Seohyun scooted over to Jaejoong. She smiled seductively at Jaejoong & draped her hand on his shoulder & purred, “Oppa, you are so sweet. You bought me a drink & you even bought it to me personally. How should I thank you, hm? I will do anything.”

 

Jaejoong was taken aback by Seohyun’s action, ‘Oh no, she’s flirting with me in front of Yuri. If Yuri pays any attention to this incident then my chance to woo her would come to an end.’ He thought frantically. He shuddered & tried to act normal. Yuri was observing Jaejoong’s reaction. Seeing Jaejoong’s pale face, she gave Kai a wink while thinking, ‘Ah, so he’s afraid of girls & Fany said he’s a playboy. Hah, I will prove her wrong.’

 

Seohyun pouted, realizing she got no reaction from Jaejoong. She scooted over & gave a little space for Kai to do his part. Kai grinned & gave Yuri & Seohyun a ‘Watch me’ look. He played with his short black hair & looked up at Jaejoong from beneath his lashes, “Jaejoong, so, do you like sports?”


“Sure. What’s not to like.” Jaejoong answered. His attention was fixed on Yuri so he didn’t realize Kai’s flirty looks.

 

“I found sports very boring. I like watching them though, especially football. The players are so very manly.” Something in Kai’s tone alerted Jaejoong that it wasn’t a simple conversation between two straight males. He looked at Kai & got the shock of his life when he saw Kai wetted his full lips & sent him an inviting look. Jaejoong stood up abruptly & made an excuses to go to the restroom.

 

After Jaejoong’s back disappeared from their sight, the trio laughed so hard that they had to grab the table for support. After a while, Seohyun said, as she wiped her tears away, “Ri, I think Jaejoong Oppa’s really gay. He shuddered when I touched him.” Kai frowned & shook his head, “No, he’s straight alright. Didn’t you see his expression when I my lips. He’s about to have a heart attack.” Yuri nodded, still can’t decide the outcome of their experiment. She muttered, “We should apologize to him for tricking him like this though. There he is, getting out of the restroom. Let’s go.”


Yuri stood up & moved in his direction when suddenly a girl in a black mini dress appeared beside Jaejoong. She trailed her hand on his chest while whispering something in his ear. Jaejoong quickly glanced at their table. Not seeing anyone there, he assumed they were on the dance floor. He turned back to the girl, grinned charmingly & put his arm on the girl’s waist. He whispered something back into her ear & the girl giggled & gave him a piece of paper with her name & number. Jaejoong squeezed her waist & let his arm fall back to his side. He turned to walk to the bar; a smile of accomplishment on his lips when he felt his blood ran icy cold. Near the bar, Yuri was watching him with a look of disgusts in her eyes. She gave him a cold look & walked out of the club with Seohyun & Kai on her tail. Before he could order his skinny, long legs to move, she was gone.