Love Beyond Expectation

Love Beyond Expectation

Chapter 1

 

“We will be landing at Cheongju International Airport in thirteen minutes. Please make sure all electronic devices are turned off? Thank you.”

 

Jaejoong woke up from his slumber & started to stretch his body when suddenly, he realized there was a head resting on his shoulder. With eyes still blurry from his sleep, he turned his head slowly to see who the head belonged to & saw a cute looking guy sleeping so deeply that the announcer’s voice made no impact whatsoever on him. He shook the guy to wake him up, “Hey, hey.”

 

The moment the guy woke up was the moment Jaejoong would remember forever for he met with brown, almond-shaped eyes so beautiful no words could describe them. The guy yawned & stretched his arms when he felt someone staring at him. He turned his head & looked at the guy who woke him up. He grinned sheepishly, “Sorry. I took a pill before airborne.”

 

When Jaejoong kept staring at him dumbfounded, he shrugged his shoulders & went to wash his oval-shaped face & freshen up, ‘This guy sure has extraordinary eyes but they make him look so girlish & those eyelashes don’t help either. I wonder who is his plastic surgeon. Sure did an excellent job on him. If he were a she, she surely would be a knockout. Maybe...Maybe he’s a...a transvestite.’ He thought; his eyes widened like saucers. Yuri walked out of the airport & went into the parking garage, whistling. She pushed her trolley cart & stopped near a blue BMW Z4. After putting all her luggage in the trunk, she went to the driver seat & started her car, thinking ‘Should I go straight to my apartment or should I stop at mom’s place first? Maybe I had better go to mom’s place. Don’t want to offend them by not announcing my arrival; although to think about it, nobody came to the airport to welcome me back.’ She pouted a bit & then smiled, imagining the welcome she had receive from her parents.

 

She the radio & sang along while driving through the freeway. Her thought drifted to the guy who sat beside her on the plane, “What a strange guy. He kept staring at me like I had two heads or something. Hmmm, but he is very attractive & definitely gorgeous. I should have asked for his name. I just didn’t think he would hear any word I said with the way he’s staring at me.” She chuckled a little, remembering Jaejoong’s dumbfounded expression & drove to her parents house in a more relaxed mood.

 

Yuri was looking for her parents’ house key when the door in front of her suddenly opened. Her mom was startled at first, seeing her daughter in front of her steps then squealed with joy & yelled for her husband. Yuri grinned widely; this was the reaction she had expected from her mom. In a minute, her dad would come to hug her tightly & kiss her cheeks to welcome her home.

 

In less than a minute, her dad rushed out from the house. Upon seeing Yuri, he hugged her tightly, kissed her cheeks & said, “Welcome home, princess. How I have missed you. How was your trip?” Yuri laughed & hugged her dad back. It was good to be home.

 

Waiting for dinner, they all settled in the living room. Mr. Kwon, well known for his argument in the courtroom, successfully swayed his daughter to spend the night there, instead of driving back to her apartment. Yuri was yawning hugely when Mrs. Kwon notice Yuri’s appearance for the first time, gave a gasps of mortification.

 

“Yuri, what in the world are you wearing? You look just like a boy. Why would you stuff your lovely hairs inside that cap? & what is it with those baggy jeans & old t-shirt? You even have eye bags & puffy eyes. You should take better care of yourself. The least you could do is to put on some makeup. You don’t look like the way you usually do. Do you not feel well?”

 

Yuri, suddenly realizing what she had on, widened her eyes & laughed uproariously. She just realized why the guy on the plane stared at her strangely, “He must have thought I’m a guy. Or probably a sissy.” She thought, out loud & then continued laughing.


Mr & Mrs. Kwon looked at each other & asked at the same time, “He? Who is this he you are talking about?” Yuri tried to control her laughter & explain to her parents but the housekeeper suddenly appeared at the doorway to announce that dinner was ready. Still grinning broadly, she said, “I will explain it all to you later. Let’s eat first; I’m starving.”